PDA

View Full Version : Patty KO's Suarez, now with good chance to reach Semi's

vogus
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:04 AM
The match was a worse beating than the score indicates, bcuz Patty lost her first 2 service games, and was down 1-3, 0-30 in her 3rd one, and after that she won nine service games in a row with Suarez winning only maybe 5 or 6 points more against Patty's serve.

If Patty can just play B+ tennis for 2 more rounds, she will be in the semifinal.

treufreund
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:05 AM
this is VERY VERY EXCITING news for us patty fans. GO girl go!

Scotso
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:06 AM
Suarez clearly beat herself.

Rothes
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:07 AM
HHHOOOPP SSSCCCHHWWWIIZZ PATTY!!!!!! VON GLÜCK!!!!!!

VivalaSeles
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:09 AM
Suarez clearly beat herself.Who cares ? What is important is that Patty played better than Suarez, won more points and won the match. This "beating herself" talk is nothing but excuses.

treufreund
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:13 AM
i wonder if SUAREZ, who has been hitting flatter and more aggressive to some extent lately, was trying to "HIT THROUGH" Patty. cuz if so then she will ALWAYS "beat herself" against patty with that strategy. Paola simply does not have the firepower to hit through a quick and clever patty. the only way for her to beat patty is to beat her at her own game a la Coetzer.

Greenout
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:14 AM
The match was a worse beating than the score indicates, bcuz Patty lost her first 2 service games, and was down 1-3, 0-30 in her 3rd one, and after that she won nine service games in a row with Suarez winning only maybe 5 or 6 points more against Patty's serve.

If Patty can just play B+ tennis for 2 more rounds, she will be in the semifinal.

VOGUS!! Big hug!! I cannot believe it! I'm feeling dizzy now.
Patty's got an outstanding road to the semi finals. :tape:

Purple_Llama

:rolleyes: What a lame excuse.
Patty won fair & square & was obv. the more talented player on the day :) Go Patty!! :kiss:

vogus
Patty is 0-4 against Suarez on clay but moves to 2-0 against her on rebound ace. In the past 6 months Patty has begun to go on occasional very hot serving streaks, which makes her more dangerous on faster surfaces. She definitely went on one today.

Greenout
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:16 AM
When PS won got to the finals of Family Circle and won SWISSCOMM,
the serve was red hot and above 80%.

vogus
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:17 AM
Greeny, man, big hug to you too! I was cautiously optimistic going into this one, but it was switz who made the definitive call that Patty would win. And who would have thought Venus would get knocked out BEFORE Patty could get a crack at her!!

Rothes
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:17 AM
No Patty is just the more talented player and played better on the day :) :) :wavey:

Greenout
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:18 AM
There was something in the air today. When Raymond beat Venus; it
was an omen of sorts that extraordinary things were happening.

CinnamoninCinema
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:19 AM
Hi guys! I'm a big Patty fan and I just had to post!!!!

Great win today!! Suarz is REAL TOUGH, but she did it!

But I fear Dechy!! Patty can't let up or Nathalie will have her out in straights!

Greenout
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:25 AM
Hi guys! I'm a big Patty fan and I just had to post!!!!

Great win today!! Suarz is REAL TOUGH, but she did it!

But I fear Dechy!! Patty can't let up or Nathalie will have her out in straights!

People are talking about the odds that Lisa had against Venus. Well..
if Lisa can take out Venus. Patty can win this grand slam. We're
in the realm of the TWILIGHT ZONE, and it's just wonky now.

CinnamoninCinema
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:27 AM
People are talking about the odds that Lisa had against Venus. Well..
if Lisa can take out Venus. Patty can win this grand slam. We're
in the realm of the TWILIGHT ZONE, and it's just wonky now.

I don't know, i think you might be in the PCP zone!!!

Semis, maybe? Let's hope. Winning the title? Nay nay!

Greenout
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:29 AM
I don't know, i think you might be the PCP zone!!!

Semis, maybe? Let's hope. Winning the title? Nay nay!

Did you think Lisa had a chance of even taking a set? I didn't. I
wasn't even going to watch the damn thing.

I thought everyone said that the AO will be boring because Jenn, Serena,
Dokic and Mary aren't in it? :haha:

Bероника
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:30 AM
wow Go Patty!!!!

CinnamoninCinema
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:30 AM
Did you think Lisa had a chance of even taking a set? I didn't. I
wasn't even going to watch the damn thing.

I thought everyone said that the AO will be boring because Jenn, Serena,
Dokic and Mary aren't in it? :haha:

No, but upsets can always happen, right?

Patty winning the title seems very very unlikely. That's all I'll say.

vogus
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:31 AM
BORING? The fun is just beginning!

Greenout
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:37 AM
No, but upsets can always happen, right?

Patty winning the title seems very very unlikely. That's all I'll say.

Lisa Raymond beating Venus. I would've bet a $100 and dinner in
French restaurant that Lisa was going to be smacked badly.
6-1, 6-0 by Venus. This is/was how sure I was of that outcome.

This wasn't a mere upset. It reminded me of Natasha Zvereva
taking down Steffi on her return to Wimbledon after injuries
NZ's head to head with Steffi was 0-13!

Upsets are more likely to come from qualifiers or teenagers than
veterans on the tour.

CinnamoninCinema
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:39 AM
Lisa Raymond beating Venus. I would've bet a $100 and dinner in
French restaurant that Lisa was going to be smacked badly.
6-1, 6-0 by Venus. This is/was how sure I was of that outcome.

This wasn't a mere upset. It reminded me of Natasha Zvereva
taking down Steffi on her return to Wimbledon after injuries
NZ's head to head with Steffi was 0-13!

Upsets are more likely to come from qualifiers or teenagers than
veterans on the tour.

Seems this conversation has slipped into something else. Yes, it was improbable. Wasn't disagreeing.

Elvira
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:41 AM
Well, all I gotta say is this has been one of the most exciting grand slams in awhile.... I was just beginning to get bored by seeing all the same faces reaching the 2nd week of the draw. Now, there's so many new people in there that I've never seen before... I mean, we have Aniko Kapros & Fabiola Zuluaga as a fourth round match! As for Patty, it is hard to know exactly how she's gonna play... she could be totally brilliant or totally awful. Personally, I hope she movies on.... she's such a great talent on the tour, I'd love to see her have a grand slam breakthrough here. She's got the chances, thats for sure. She's just gotta play right.

switz
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:46 AM
Greeny, man, big hug to you too! I was cautiously optimistic going into this one, but it was switz who made the definitive call that Patty would win. And who would have thought Venus would get knocked out BEFORE Patty could get a crack at her!!

thanks for the cred vogus. i'm just stoked at the moment. i now know that i will at least see patty once and i could see her at the latter stages of the tournament, which to be honest i had given up on after years of getting my hopes up before heading to melbourne. as loyal fans of patty we deserve moments like this, and let's just hope she can go on with the job.

patty beat dechy at the australian 6-2, 6-1 in 98 and dechy really did struggle against obata for a long while. i like her, but i hope patty demolishes her.

go patty!!

Greenout
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:47 AM
Well, all I gotta say is this has been one of the most exciting grand slams in awhile.... I was just beginning to get bored by seeing all the same faces reaching the 2nd week of the draw. Now, there's so many new people in there that I've never seen before... I mean, we have Aniko Kapros & Fabiola Zuluaga as a fourth round match! As for Patty, it is hard to know exactly how she's gonna play... she could be totally brilliant or totally awful. Personally, I hope she movies on.... she's such a great talent on the tour, I'd love to see her have a grand slam breakthrough here. She's got the chances, thats for sure. She's just gotta play right.

So true, so true. Zuluaga has a huge game. Sly Farina? Patty?
Myskina? It's opened up the tournament into something really
interesting and entertaining. I'm really happy for all the 4th
rounders like Lisa who rarely get the media attention.

SerialKiller#69
Jan 24th, 2004, 09:23 AM
Go Patty!!!!

Tennisfan-Mtl
Jan 24th, 2004, 10:26 AM
Patty :) Wouldn't be just great to see Ms Schnyder in the semis ? This is highly possible....and I'd be soooooooo happy :D

Nicoleke
Jan 24th, 2004, 10:32 AM
I always like Patty Schnyder, and i' m really happy to see her in 1/8, but, I really hope that she will lose in the next round against the french girl Nathalie Dechy. If she win her next match, I hope that she will be against Tatiana Golovin in 1/4 and that she will lose too lol !!!!! However, if she is against Lisa raymond, I' ll be for Patty Schnyder :). I simply hope that she won' t be the " killer " of french players ;) lol !!!!!

Robbie.
Jan 24th, 2004, 10:40 AM
Go Patty, make the semis :kiss:

KV
Jan 24th, 2004, 10:47 AM
Good win Patty and go back to the top 20.