PDA

View Full Version : ESPN will show an ENCORE of Lisa Raymond d Venus Williams tomorrow at NOON!!

treufreund
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:31 AM
:D Great decision by ESPN to show this stunning upset by Lisa since I only got to see a few games of it. Cannot wait to get the VCR ready. :wavey: :bounce: :lol:

Scotso
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:39 AM
Well then you should have tuned in earlier! This is the dumbest decision EVER and a total slap in the face. Those bastards promised us the Hewitt vs. Nadal match, but I guess they're too freakin' terrified to show a non-American matchup. Assholes. I will NEVER watch ESPN again.

tennisluver99
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:40 AM
When the hell are they going to show Kim??? She is the only top player they have not shown.
I guess I will root for Chanda to get to the QF, then maybe I can see Kim play.

QUEENLINDSAY
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:42 AM
I get my VCR ready too!!!!

Congrats Raymond!!!!

treufreund
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:42 AM
i would have tuned in earlier BUT i was playing the best tennis of my life indoors. maybe i was sending Lisa some good vibes cuz we were both on fire tonight. (of course thank god I don't play against pros.) ;)

TennisHack
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:43 AM
Dude, they showed the whole match, and then the tiebreaker AGAIN tonight. This evening.

If they are doing this at the expense of Hewitt/Nadal, there will be hell to pay. Too bad they have this allergy to Spaniards there :rolleyes:

treufreund
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:47 AM
actually you are right overall. ESPN SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!! i just wanted to see this match and so only for personal reasons did i want to see it.

but gotta admit that really ESPN sucks totally and this is one more example of bad judgment. :(

QUEENLINDSAY
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:50 AM
ALL VCR's ready now!!!!!! I might copy a DVD for it. LOL!!!!!

G1Player2
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:53 AM
Don't mean to sound rude but if Venus won this match you wouldn't be so energetic about recording it.

I think this is a gloating thread because Venus lost....

Sorry if I sound rude but it is my honest opinion.

VW#1
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:57 AM
of course it is, she loses so rarely it's a big deal when she does.

Scotso
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:04 AM
oh god get over it

QUEENLINDSAY
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:07 AM
So why you guys care???? I just wanna record it!!! I could sell it on E-bay!!!!

Roddick_tease
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:07 AM
I saw the score online before going to night work, and was contemplating on recording over a Disney movie... but I'm glad I didn't, great to hear it will be on tomorrow!

Elvira
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:53 AM
Well, I had to work so I would've missed it had they broadcast it anyway, but I am glad they are repeating it.

Crazy Canuck
Jan 24th, 2004, 08:07 AM
What crap. I've been looking forward to Hewitt-Nadal since the draw came out, and even if it's a one sided affair, I want to see how much Nadal has improved. They've been promising it for two days. FUCK YOU ESPN ;)

TennisHack
Jan 24th, 2004, 05:50 PM
So, did ESPN show the Hewitt-Nadal match or not?

bandabou
Jan 24th, 2004, 05:57 PM
So why you guys care???? I just wanna record it!!! I could sell it on E-bay!!!!

Remember to do the same when Juju or Vera gets Lindsay...

alexusjonesfan
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:01 PM
So, did ESPN show the Hewitt-Nadal match or not?
what do you think? ;)

QUEENLINDSAY
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:01 PM
Remember to do the same when Juju or Vera gets Lindsay...
Noted!!!!!

I just recorded Venus/Lisa match!!! Its very awesome bandabou!!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

tennisluver99
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:03 PM
I wish they would of shown Henman-Canas, that match looked awesome!!!

LeonHart
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:04 PM
NOOOO...I rather watch Hewitt/Nadal than another TAPED match :tape:

TennisHack
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:26 PM
what do you think? ;)
I think I'm never going to get to see this match.

harloo
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:49 PM
I really don't see a reason why they should reair the match. But maybe ESPN is happy to show Venus losing. Pam sure was excited, and energetic about the upset. LOL

I already knew Venus lost before I even checked on the computer because I thought to myself why would ESPN show a women's match from the beginning of coverage? That is usually out of step with their programming.

What a stupid decision to re-air the match when other players are still playing. They could at least show Kim, or someone who did not have air time. Their is no need to show Venus losing again.

AjdeNate!
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:21 PM
Booooo @ ESPN. I've yet to see ANY Clijsters. If they felt the need to replay this, they could have condensed it and shown *at least* highlights of the other 64 players left in the draw. Once was plenty.

Keith17
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:30 PM
ESPN will show an ENCORE of Lisa Raymond d Venus Williams tomorrow at NOON!!

OMG! DOES ESPN HAVE TO SHOW L-RAY TWICE???!!! I'M SO TIRED OF ESPN'S LOVE FOR AMERICANS!!!

Crazy Canuck
Jan 24th, 2004, 09:08 PM
I wish they would of shown Henman-Canas, that match looked awesome!!!
Had they shown Canas-Henman over the much promised Hewitt-Nadal, I would have totally understood. What they ended up doing was simply disgusting. There was NO reason they couldn't have chopped up the Venus-Raymond match and made time for others.

Crazy Canuck
Jan 24th, 2004, 09:09 PM
Anyways... not long from now, Nadal will start making the second week of Grand Slam events. At this point, ESPN will churn out articles about how nobody in America knows or cares who he is, and they'll have nobody but themselves to blame.

GrahamD
Jan 24th, 2004, 09:36 PM
:D Great decision by ESPN to show this stunning upset by Lisa since I only got to see a few games of it. Cannot wait to get the VCR ready. :wavey: :bounce: :lol:
Should get some pretty good viewing figures. Go Lisa!!! :bounce: :lol:

ASV
Jan 24th, 2004, 10:18 PM
I hate Lisa Raymond. All I wanted to do was watch Anastasia make Maria cry. But I didn't get to. They said they would show it. But they didn't. Why? Because Venus lost and they showed it twice. Anastasia? A 5 minute clip. Was originally the marquee match-up. Fuck ESPN.

LeonHart
Jan 24th, 2004, 10:21 PM
I hate Lisa Raymond. All I wanted to do was watch Anastasia make Maria cry. But I didn't get to. They said they would show it. But they didn't. Why? Because Venus lost and they showed it twice. Anastasia? A 5 minute clip. Was originally the marquee match-up. Fuck ESPN.
Do you have ESPN? Because ESPN showed the last two sets of the Nastya/Masha match after Venus/Lisa. After the Russian matchup, they showed the 2nd set tiebreak again.

ASV
Jan 24th, 2004, 10:48 PM
I Hate Life! How Did I Miss That Match! Maybe Because They Showed It Taped? Probably!

But More Importantly I Hate Espn!

Why Did I Have To Fall Asleep!

Chris_G
Jan 24th, 2004, 11:39 PM
ESPN is hopeless. Even when they were showing Myskina-Sharapova, they mentioned Lisa and Venus fifty times, cut away to Brad Gilbert's "analysis," and kept hyping their big Raymond interview. The announcers go into genuine panic mode every time there isn't an American citizen on the screen. If Agassi and Roddick somehow both lose tonight, the entire network's gonna commit mass suicide.

Crazy Canuck
Jan 25th, 2004, 12:56 AM
Does anybody remember when their much hoped for Andre-Andy final at the USO was almost one point away from resulting in a Nalbandian-Ferrero final? Oh, that was almost such a beautiful day. Almost. Next time ;)

Cybelle Darkholme
Jan 25th, 2004, 12:58 AM
Does anybody remember when their much hoped for Andre-Andy final at the USO was almost one point away from resulting in a Nalbandian-Ferrero final? Oh, that was almost such a beautiful day. Almost. Next time ;)

Dont remind us!!!! That was such a torturous thing to snatch my dream final away from me. :fiery: Quack.

Crazy Canuck
Jan 25th, 2004, 01:01 AM
Dont remind us!!!! That was such a torturous thing to snatch my dream final away from me. :fiery: Quack.
It was disgusting, true. Hopefully next time will go better :hearts:

for-sure
Jan 25th, 2004, 01:30 AM

I think nalbandian has found Andy's number..and he is not letting it go!

Crazy Canuck
Jan 25th, 2004, 02:36 AM
I think nalbandian has found Andy's number..and he is not letting it go!
Let's hope so. I'm not going to get carried away and really believe that, though. Nalbandian is a bit of a flake.

Havok
Jan 25th, 2004, 02:59 AM
Does anybody remember when their much hoped for Andre-Andy final at the USO was almost one point away from resulting in a Nalbandian-Ferrero final? Oh, that was almost such a beautiful day. Almost. Next time ;):yawn: