PDA

View Full Version : If Kim Doesn't Win the Aussie Open...

Cybelle Darkholme
Jan 24th, 2004, 04:29 AM
Then I Do Not Know what is wrong with her....

Her path is virtually clear to the final. She won the year end champs. She has dominated her last three matches... so her ankle must be fine.

Kim this is your tournament, if justine beats you in another final....

on another note venus did well for her first tournament back after six months off. yes we williams fans expected and hoped for a miracle touranment win, but lets be realistic: she hasnt played a touranment in Six months. Things take time. Look how long it took lindsay to win a tournament after she came back from her long injury layoff.

GO KIM! GO CHANDA! GO MYSKINA~

AjdeNate!
Jan 24th, 2004, 04:33 AM
Since everyone is pipping their faves.... I go all nostalgic. Monica was off for 27.5 months and won her first event back without the loss of a set. She then was Runner Up at her next Slam, just 2 weeks later.

I know it's not relevant to your thread, but I had to re-live some good times of my own with all this *crap* elsewhere on here.

Carry on...

Cybelle Darkholme
Jan 24th, 2004, 04:42 AM
Yes monica did great her first tournament back, but that was not the norm nor was her circuamstance a normal "injury". Kudos to monica.

Now Venus needs to really get it together. Yes its her first tournament back but she needs to realize that she must work on her weaknesses. If her second serve was like serena's she would have had a far greater chance of winning that match. I mean forget about the sometimes shaky forehand just focus on improving your serve and holding more. That would have been a great difference especially in the tie break.

Be ready for antwerp vee because henin will not want you to get that diamond raket.

oh does anyone know if antwerp will beon the tennis station or oxygen?

Diya
Jan 24th, 2004, 04:44 AM
Kim is injured so its quiet possible that she could lose . I hope she wins but i have a feeling Momo's goona take this GS home !

WtaTour4Ever
Jan 24th, 2004, 04:54 AM
Dang, I'm running out of people to root for. I won't really be unhappy whoever wins but I would like to see Kim get her first, Lindsay get her last (possibly), or even Justine can make it 3/4. I just hope its competitive, b/c without either Williams sister or Capriati its going to be a little hard to watch. But I'm a tennis nut, I'll get over it. :-)

WtaTour4Ever
Jan 24th, 2004, 04:54 AM
Ohh I forgot about Momo......I'd like to see her win too.

franny
Jan 24th, 2004, 05:01 AM
Man!!!!!!! I really really really wanted to see Kim vs. Vee semifinals. I could already see those balls flying back and forth. Dangit. I'm sorry but Kim's side just got a whole lot more boring. Thank goodness that Roger Federer plays on the same day as her, cuz at least we can watch his magic. Btw, I havent seen Kim play yet this year yet, how is she doing?

TennisHack
Jan 24th, 2004, 05:46 AM
oh does anyone know if antwerp will beon the tennis station or oxygen?
It will be on the Tennis Channel.

Keith17
Jan 24th, 2004, 05:47 AM
If Kim choked against Justine twice, I don't see any reason to think this time will be different.

~ The Leopard ~
Jan 24th, 2004, 05:48 AM
Yeah, Cybelle....Juju, Momo and Lindsay all count for nothing. That should have been obvious.

Lyn
Jan 24th, 2004, 05:52 AM
Well, if Kim's ankle doesn't bother her too much, I hope she can win!!

jenny161185
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:20 AM
I agree , though it wqould be awfle if she reached the final and Henin completely dominated her ,

CinnamoninCinema
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:33 AM
If Kim choked against Justine twice, I don't see any reason to think this time will be different.

I do. She won their last meeting, and has a lead in the head to head. Plus, she has always demolished Justine on rebound ace. She's looking very good if her ankle holds up, and she was even before Venus lost.

Dawn Marie
Jan 24th, 2004, 08:29 AM
This is Justine's tourney to lose. If she serves well and plays well won't nobody beat her.
Justine gets the advantage by having the hardest earliest draw imho. She is being tested and imho she will be ready by week two.

Kim and Momo are having it easy imho not tested. Lindsay, she just is not the best mover out there. Justine can make her run and move. Lindsay had trouble with Loit, so she imho can have it bad playing Justine.

I would like for Rubin or even Amelie to pull it out though, but imho they don't have the mental head to take it all home. If by chance I am wrong I will eat crow.

So imho Justine will win the OZ open. my darkhorse is Chanda, she has all the shots and when on can beat anybody.. and yet she goes off the boil more so then stays on.

And yet, something tells me that Momo will win this thing. go figure.

Hell I have no clue who will win it, I even thought that Myskina was the winner the other day. LOL

I envisioned Myskina holding up the trophy.

Cybel Venus played her best, sheesh she has been gone for 6 months has been thru alot. I agree with your post. Which is why I had my money on Justine from the onset.

And yet.. FEARLESS VENUS WILLIAMS RULES:)

tennisIlove09
Jan 24th, 2004, 08:35 AM
This is Justine's tourney to lose. If she serves well and plays well won't nobody beat her.
Justine gets the advantage by having the hardest earliest draw imho. She is being tested and imho she will be ready by week two.

Kim and Momo are having it easy imho not tested. Lindsay, she just is not the best mover out there. Justine can make her run and move. Lindsay had trouble with Loit, so she imho can have it bad playing Justine.

I would like for Rubin or even Amelie to pull it out though, but imho they don't have the mental head to take it all home. If by chance I am wrong I will eat crow.

So imho Justine will win the OZ open. my darkhorse is Chanda, she has all the shots and when on can beat anybody.. and yet she goes off the boil more so then stays on.

And yet, something tells me that Momo will win this thing. go figure.

Hell I have no clue who will win it, I even thought that Myskina was the winner the other day. LOL

I envisioned Myskina holding up the trophy.

Cybel Venus played her best, sheesh she has been gone for 6 months has been thru alot. I agree with your post. Which is why I had my money on Justine from the onset.

And yet.. FEARLESS VENUS WILLIAMS RULES:)

Good post Dawn

DelMonte
Jan 24th, 2004, 10:34 AM
after venus, i always cheer for kim. i think that if her ankle holds up she could take this tournament comfortably. i know justine beat her in the last two times they met in slam meetings but i firmly believe that kim helped justine a great deal by choking. i don't think the same will happen should they meet again. i think kim's time has come.

i have other favourites: molik (as a former adelaide girl myself), vera (she may get passed lindsay...dunno!) and myskina (who can beat anyone on a good day). on the other hand, it would be nice for lindsay to win; she may retire soon and it would be a nice farewell present. needless to say, if she plays kim in the final, her chances don't look so good anymore.

DelMonte

Hagar
Jan 24th, 2004, 10:58 AM
What a pity Venus is out, would have loved the Venus-Kim match.

I am not so confident that Kim will clinch the trophy. There are no easy opponents any more. Farina Elia is tricky and so is Myskina (who plays much better than one year ago). And there is Justine of course. Would be great to see Kim really showing up in a final against Justine. The two previous Slam final losses were too onesided.

Mercury Rising
Jan 24th, 2004, 11:01 AM
I guess I'm not the only one who has this feeling that Momo will win.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:30 PM
its not like im going to stop watching the tournament.

I hope chanda wins or lindsay or or kim or myskina or even amelie just not the enfant terrible. I would very much like to see kim take her out but that couldn't happen until the final and i want lindsay to crush her in the quarters as payback for last year.

Well I will cheer them all on except for the enfant terrible even though she was beginning to be back in my good graces until her awful coach opened his mouth again.

for-sure
Jan 24th, 2004, 04:00 PM
I don't hate Davenport...but she already has 3 slams and an Aussie Open. I hope (either my fav Justine wins 3/4!) or Kim or Amelie...it would be nice to see the both of them take it.

The question is...can the three beat Kim in the final?

SerialKiller#69
Jan 24th, 2004, 04:02 PM
Kim is still playing with injury. That injury will always be at the back of her mind. She may have dominated her early matches but her following opponents will make her move all over the court. Unless Kim plays aggresively from the get-go, instead of being a defensive/counterpuncher player, the ball is still on Henin's or Lindsay's court. Her mental toughness during the big moments against big players is still questionable. And nowadays, facing Justine is like facing a third Williams.

Dave B
Jan 24th, 2004, 04:25 PM
Man!!!!!!! I really really really wanted to see Kim vs. Vee semifinals. I could already see those balls flying back and forth. Dangit. I'm sorry but Kim's side just got a whole lot more boring. Thank goodness that Roger Federer plays on the same day as her, cuz at least we can watch his magic. Btw, I havent seen Kim play yet this year yet, how is she doing?

Me too! I guess its okay that Kim's draw is easier now, but that would've been so a good match! I think if Kim's ankle and mental state (about the injury and general) hold up the title is her's. It is her surface, so she has a good shot.