PDA

View Full Version : Lisa and Venus did well

PointBlank
Jan 24th, 2004, 05:21 AM
This is for the people who watched or are watching it now

Lisa did awesome today and IMO she just outplayed Venus but, Venus did well also Lisa just came out the winner

For the people who are just :rolleyes: making excuses or yelling at people making excuses:rolleyes:

selesfan
Jan 24th, 2004, 05:30 AM
Congrats to Lisa:) Venus:sad:

Cybelle Darkholme
Jan 24th, 2004, 05:30 AM
Of course she outplayed her. How else do you win unless you outplay your opponent unless of course they retire injured.

7~LV3
Jan 24th, 2004, 05:31 AM
how could someone got outplayed when the loser got a lot more winners than the winner herself..??:confused:

from things i read... Congratulation Lisa !!!

Doc
Jan 24th, 2004, 05:40 AM
Lisa clearly went out there with a plan and put it into action. She looked confident throughout the match, and was prepared to trade blows with Venus. She looks like she's been working out too. Her arms are HUGE! lots of bodybuilders would like biceps like that.

Venus started out sloppy, but really went at it hard in the second set. She served 14 Aces in one set! That has to be some sort of record. But she also made errors, which Lisa exploited to hang in through the storms. A good win by Lisa over an only slightly rusty Venus.

SerenaSlam
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:15 AM
Lisa clearly went out there with a plan and put it into action. She looked confident throughout the match, and was prepared to trade blows with Venus. She looks like she's been working out too. Her arms are HUGE! lots of bodybuilders would like biceps like that.

Venus started out sloppy, but really went at it hard in the second set. She served 14 Aces in one set! That has to be some sort of record. But she also made errors, which Lisa exploited to hang in through the storms. A good win by Lisa over an only slightly rusty Venus.
she had 14 aces total not all in one set! but venus didn't hit OUT on the ball. the way she was hitting Lisa was able to dictate points. surprisingly both mary jo and pam mentioned that. confidence will grow for venus. i hoestly thought she could swing her way out of this one, but it just wasn't there which is surprising for me. and i guess its a wake up call for venus, but also williams fans. that in the past yes venus and serena have come back strong. venus did the same today. but when you really sit down and look at the numbers to which i did not, venus comes back, but she hasn't come back to top form in none of her tournies and just won them. i guess my opinioins and views would've been different had i looked this up, but i was going by memory on how well venus did when she was out, and when she came back in 2000 all i coud think of was her first two slams, and her tare on the hardcourt season etc. but im aware now, and i think venus will be more aware and ready. i think with venus it takes a loss to learn a lesson, and with serena it takes a scare (but still a win) to learn an lesson.

Keith17
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:21 AM
Lisa impressed the hell out of me. Granted, Venus obviously showed signs of lacking the power, movement and confidence she had before her injury, but she far from handed the match away with errors.

First off, I've never seen Lisa in such good shape. Her quads and arms were huge!

I've never seen Lisa be so dominating with her forehand either.

Lisa keeps playing like this, she'll be a Semifinalist in the Aussie Open... and it would be well-deserved as she's obviously still putting a lot of work in her game.

~ The Leopard ~
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:23 AM
Lisa's muscles are immense. :eek:

DemWilliamsGulls
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:47 AM
I thought Lisa played a really good ass game...Venus on the other hand didnt. She gave a lot of points to Lisa in the first set, her serve was not as good as it usually is, and she didnt come to the net as much as she use to. Venus is human just like the rest of the girls on the tour...she just didnt play well today....I think once she get back in shape and seasoned..she will return to her top form. Lisa has been around for a while..so she is going to get her time in the light. Venus will be back...mark my word......Congrats to Lisa she played a better game and was more aggressive.