PDA

View Full Version : To all you heartless people cheerin that Venus lost

VW#1
Jan 24th, 2004, 05:14 AM
remember that she lost her sister not too long ago. Again no excuses for her loss, but this women has been through a lot in the last 6 months. She couldn't do her chosen profession for 6 months because she was injured and then her sister gets shot. Not to mention that they just recently found the guy. So this a cotinuing on going drama for them. You don't have to like Venus, but Jesus have a freakin heart, she's been through a lot.

LindsayRulez
Jan 24th, 2004, 05:17 AM
Not everyone is cheering against Venus, a lot of people are cheering FOR Lisa. But you're right, leave Venus alone already! She's been through too much for such a nice young lady...best of luck to her in the future.

asheboro
Jan 24th, 2004, 05:19 AM
You guys should realize by now that people have no heart. Anyway, I hope Lindsey win this thing.

moby
Jan 24th, 2004, 05:21 AM
naturally we all feel sorry for venus
but she's already a very lucky young woman
with opportunities that the rest of us can only dream of
there are so many others worse off than her so i don't really think she needs our sympathy

VW#1
Jan 24th, 2004, 05:30 AM
there are so many others worse off than her so i don't really think she needs our sympathy

You're right she doesn't need your sympathy, but I'm talking about being human. She lost someone she loves very much. I'm not saying go around and not say what you feel. But cheering for her when she loses under normal circumstances is having poor taste, but especially when she's in the midst of dealing with something that's hard for anyoen to deal with. And just because you have opportunities that others don't have doesn't mean you can't be sad or that losing your sister wouldn't hurt. EVERYBODy cries and gets hurt. I'm asking you to be humane not praise her

DunkMachine
Jan 24th, 2004, 05:32 AM
Pay no mind to it. Haters feed on this shit.

Tplayer
Jan 24th, 2004, 05:33 AM
Idol Worshipers eat crow!:bounce:

DunkMachine
Jan 24th, 2004, 05:36 AM
Venus :worship: Venus :worship: Venus :worship: Venus :worship: Venus :worship: Venus :worship: Venus Venus :worship: Venus :worship:

New
Jan 24th, 2004, 05:43 AM
well...there's always some fans against and for different players... the same goes for venus... but she's really nice ... just unfortunate that she got knocked out...

fans just like players come in all different types... some like to speak out for their favourites...some quietly support... some just like to bad mouth others... but i dun believe anyone is that bad to wish for terrible things about the players...

the players play against each other week in and out...i think they are closer than we think... so it's pretty crazy to diss another player...

never mind... there's a tournament next week, it's worth much points too... go win that venus!!! keep you head up high!!!

Keith17
Jan 24th, 2004, 05:57 AM
Absolutely stupid to bring this up...

I feel for Venus and her family... but this is a TENNIS MATCH.

I probably speak for most Williams' "haters" on this board, in that they're probably just excited to see an upset, especially with Lisa playing so well.

#1 Lindsay
Jan 24th, 2004, 10:39 PM
what does it really matter what people put in their post's because the only people to be affected by it is the people that read them!!!!!

Venus is never going to read these comments so dont get yourselves all wound up about it and im sure what people write about her isnt going to affect her in any way she is too smart for that

#1 Lindsay
Jan 24th, 2004, 10:41 PM
and plus if venus hadnt been injured or her sister wasnt shot the circumstances would have been the same every one that wanted her to loose would have wrote what they thought it was always going to happen, people wanted a champion to get beat

GrahamD
Jan 24th, 2004, 10:50 PM
You have to bear in mind that there are certain Williams fans who delight in bashing other players and their fans at every opportunity. They're just getting a taste of their own medicine now, but there is no hate involved, it's just a bit of fun.

Tplayer
Jan 24th, 2004, 11:36 PM
The idol worshipers cant' handle the truth. Venus sucks.:bounce:

frenchvee
Jan 25th, 2004, 12:35 AM
can people please stop this crap that people were cheering for Lisa

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
where were those fans when she won in the first two rounds

Don't take us for imbecile, we see right throught most of you
just say you glad that venus lost, jeez

*JR*
Jan 25th, 2004, 12:58 AM
The idol worshipers cant' handle the truth. Venus sucks.:bounce:
Didn't you and "Rational Danny" proclaim Kim the "standardbearer of the WTA" after she beat the (rusty, not having played since the USO) W/S in the '02 YEC. So Serena embarrassed her with "The Comeback" in the last AO, and a badly hurting Venus beat her in the Wimby SF.

And as I said in another thread, there's an inherent contradiction here: if either won all the time, they'd be seen by trash like you 2 as some kind of freaks of nature. But if they don't, they suck. So what (besides die) would you like them to do?