PDA

View Full Version : If Williams sisters want to play Olympics they wil have to ..

ys
Jan 24th, 2004, 04:49 AM
play Indian Wells. Only one of them is now in Top 4 US rankings, and all their points will have to be defended before after-Wimbledon. Meaning, that at this point Serena got 0 ranking points counting for Olympics rankings, and Venus got 3rd round AO points, which is nothing really. And the most of the season remaining before Olympics is their hated clay. And the biggest non-clay tournament which is not on their schedule yet and which can give those points is Indian Wells.

Another thought that came after today's Venus loss is that one of Belgians might have a legitimate shot at Grand Slam this year.

7~LV3
Jan 24th, 2004, 05:04 AM
with a win over ms Venus, Lisas back into top 20... with her good form... she might,as i hate to say... i wont say it..

"Topaz"
Jan 24th, 2004, 05:13 AM
Another thought that came after today's Venus loss is that one of Belgians might have a legitimate shot at Grand Slam this year.I don't see the causal relationship. If you do find one, it's got to be very weak.

ys
Jan 24th, 2004, 05:18 AM
I don't see the causal relationship. If you do find one, it's got to be very weak.
Because, most likely, one of them is going to win AO now. And one of them, most likely, is going to win RG. And, now it is an open question whether WS will ever get back to their best form. The effect of injuries is, sometimes, irreversible, like in Hingis case, who, once injured, would never be back to where she was. There is still a lot of time.

moby
Jan 24th, 2004, 05:23 AM
I don't see the causal relationship. If you do find one, it's got to be very weak.
i dont know abt a calendar slam
but imo Justine has a pretty good shot at a non-calendar Justine Slam
much like the Serena Slam
if Justine takes AO, she'll have 2 straight
and she's definitely the favourite at RG and one of the best on grass