PDA

View Full Version : Why Does Masha Have To Lose This One?????

mboyle
Jan 24th, 2004, 04:42 AM
OMG 52 errors. GIRL WTF ARE YOU THINKING?????? I think she just wants to give me a heart attack. I am so freakin sad. Granted, she hasn't lost yet, but there is no way she can recover from 2-5 against Myskina. Sorry. Ugh I guess wait til next year now....

pReUrBrIyN
Jan 24th, 2004, 04:44 AM
Isn't she hurt? Its kind of sad that she took a set off of Myskina if she was hurt...I mean you should be glad Masha put up such a fight

Berlin_Calling
Jan 24th, 2004, 04:44 AM
MASHA!! :sad::sad:

~RedRose~
Jan 24th, 2004, 04:45 AM
yeh 6-4 1-6 6-2 to Ana ... good with Anastacia, and I think Maria had some leg problems but not too sure, she did retire from the doubles yesterday though.

mboyle
Jan 24th, 2004, 04:45 AM
ugh. Disgusting. AND TO MYSKINA:o .:rolleyes:

mboyle
Jan 24th, 2004, 04:46 AM
well w/ an injury I can allow Masha to win in 3, but she shouldn't be losing to anyone but the top 5 or 6 right now. She is just too good of a player:rolleyes: .

goldenlox
Jan 24th, 2004, 04:47 AM
Maria was injured yesterday, she's playing #7 in the world today.
Give her a break.

GoDominique
Jan 24th, 2004, 04:49 AM
well w/ an injury I can allow Masha to win in 3, but she shouldn't be losing to anyone but the top 5 or 6 right now. She is just too good of a player:rolleyes: .
Sharapova is not THAT good. Not yet at least.

Crazy Canuck
Jan 24th, 2004, 05:15 AM
I feel your pain. I'm going to go through the same thing starting about three hours from now ;)

azza
Jan 24th, 2004, 05:20 AM

:haha: :retard:

Doc
Jan 24th, 2004, 05:31 AM
Masha played well, very considered, yet aggressive. She was not as explosive as she was last year, so that is probably the result of her injury. But she has lots of talent.

Anastasia was determined to win, though. She seems to hate losing to fellow Russians and pulls out all the stops. She moved well and can hit a lot harder than you'd imagine someone so skinny could strike the ball. There were some great rallies. But an excellent series of points was often followed by an easy error.

I liked Masha's fighting spirit, though she seemed to get a little disheartened when Myskina took a lead in the final set, and started running everything down. Anastasia was grumpy as usual.

Keith17
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:15 AM
I'll be the only one to say that she never will be that good either.

jojoseph
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:17 AM
Experience prevailed in this match. Masha took her apart in the second, but she just wasn't able to relax enough to keep playing on the same level in the third. Next time, I think she will crush Myskina. It just didn't happen this time. The one thing about Masha's game is her forehand and how she doesn't seem to want to follow through sometimes. You can see it mess up her rythmn sometimes. As big as she is, I'm certain she can be really destructive, if she isn't already. Great match from both players. :bounce:

faboozadoo15
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:20 AM
her variety sucked and she pressed way too much... especially in the third set. however, she impressed me with her calmness and her ability to take her time throughout. she didn't really look herself. the first set was just abysmal from her. but she can take a lot from this. kinda sad that if she would have gotten through this she could have been in semi's or final or something like that... but now that's myskina's chance!

shap_half
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:21 AM
Sharapova does not at all impress me. To be quite honest, if it wasn't for Anastasia's breakdown in the second, Maria would have been done in straights.

Anastasia's too solid and too quick for Maria at this point it Maria's career. Sharapova with her current play should not make the Top 25 by the end of the year. There is too much talent lurking in that Top 13-25 area that Maria can't match yet, nevermind the Top 12.

Roddick_tease
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:28 AM
Matt, please understand that Myskina is ranked higher, more accomplished, faster, and has a better backhand than Maria.

She's a top 7 player and is going up. She deserves a little respect. Better luck next time Maria, I'm sure she'll put up even more of a fight, if not win.

Dokicfan17
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:31 AM
I agree shalp half.....maria isnt very impressive....myskina LOST it in teh second set...and she should have won...maria made SOOOO MANY ERROS it was like watching a challenger...i agree...if she wants to end the year in the top 30, she has to work harder...she had soo many chances but blew such easy points...especially off that forehand...how many errors was that alone? everyone was wide basically, Myskina kept her cool and is really quick :) go ana

treufreund
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:34 AM
i disagree. Maria is an impressive striker of the ball and does redirect the ball well.

overall though she is still not scrappy enough or willing to play some "mongrel" shots like Mary Carillo said. Until she diversifies her game it will be relatively easy for top players to counterpunch her until she hits her way to a LOSS. ;)

fammmmedspin
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:55 AM
....Myskina is ranked higher, more accomplished, faster, and has a better backhand than Maria.

She's a top 7 player and is going up. She deserves a little respect. Better luck next time Maria, I'm sure she'll put up even more of a fight, if not win.
Add to which Anastasia actually plays as well as her (improving) ranking suggests, seems to be able to take key points and possibly benefits from being the leader of the Russian pack. I get the impression she quite likes being the number one Russian from the way she plays her compatriots? Its a measure of Maria's potential how close she got.

Elvira
Jan 24th, 2004, 08:55 AM
Well, I think she fought pretty well considering she's injured. I wouldn't worry too much, as she's got many grand slam chances, and she did live up to her seeding in this one, after all.

Masharapova
Jan 24th, 2004, 09:54 AM
yeah she did well if she was injured.

Hurley
Jan 24th, 2004, 10:09 AM
Sharapova with her current play should not make the Top 25 by the end of the year.

Sharapova will be ranked 25 after the Australian Open. 27 at the lowest.

jojoseph
Jan 25th, 2004, 03:14 AM
Well, I wouldn't underestimate Maria's serve as well. She was painting the lines.

Havok
Jan 25th, 2004, 04:03 AM
errr, if Maria had an injury, it wasn't apparent at all. she was moving fine, hitting fine, she didn't seem in any pain at all. she just went for crazy winners 24/7 and she doesnt know how to control her power yet, and she hit tons of errors

Keith17
Jan 25th, 2004, 04:10 AM
OMG!

Some people on this board actually realize that Maria Sharapova isn't the 2nd coming of a Williams!

I said it before, will say it again, Maria will never win a slam. She can blast winners from anywhere... other overrated Russians can do the same. There's a reason why she plays so aggressive, she's not athletic enough.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jan 25th, 2004, 04:12 AM
Maria had to Lose because Myskina played better!

GO SKINA! Get that butt in gear and reach a final! oh wait go Chanda her time is running out!