PDA

View Full Version : Williams Haters

SerenaSlam
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:04 AM
I think its bogus how many of you all put Venus Williams down. All the threads and ere thing else. It doesn't make sense. This is Venus' first match back since she was injured and her sister was killed. What does it take for a william to earn repect, gratitude etc?

Would this be a different situation if Martina Hingis came back. Sorry but I still to this day don't understand why so many haters to the williams. You all act like we as williams fans really put down other players. There are some out there, but there are more fans of all the rest of the tour players out there, than there are williams fans in General. Venus and Serena are the best players in the world when they are on their games. Over the past couple of years these two have been the most "consistent in winning" deserving to be called and talked about as THE BEST. I think the main thing is, already every hater things venus and serena are to outspoken, over confidenct, arrogant. But that is not how they are or what they want to be, this is how YOU all depict them to be. when you watch them they are soft voiced and ere thing else. Let me give a culture lesson to those out there, Venus and Serena are the NICE blacks that you see, cuz if you grew up or have been in Ghetto (don't take this word as just a slang that has been hyped) or have grew up around a lot of blacks you will have know that we are very agresssive and arrogant. But in reality we keep it real. We are not the ones out there, killing people, shooting ourselves, etc. Its rediculous the treatment the sister get, and all they are doing is being themselves. They have done nothing but fight through all types of shit that is being thrown at them, and even through death, they come out positive, and still people are jumping on their backs.

Had this again been Martina Hingis, as much as the williams fans didn't think of her as someone to cheer against or for, i can remember cheering for her to win so she could play a williams. with venus and serena they have only had williams fans. they barely if at all have non fans out there cheering for them to play against their faves, b/c personally i think they have gotten scared and used to the fact that venus and serena were actually going to win.

its a game people, its not a time to put down people in their weakest moment. this was venus come back, from injury and death, and the sad display of disrespect is unbelieveable. i really don't get it.

its the same exact thing if i was working in an office and and i got injured and was on disablity for a month and in that span my sister or brother died, and when i got back to work as soon as i walked in people cussed me out etc.

let up people, they are two normal and average girls. venus and serena are the real deal. really its all about them. 5 minutes after venus lost, every tennis web page, ESPN, YAHOO, CBS, NBC they had it posted on there. but this message board, yall have probably by the time im done typing this have made over 20 threads and it has gotten really ridiculous!

Diya
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:06 AM
I just can't stop :lol: at you'll

joao
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:08 AM
Don't waste your time ... haters are brainless ... they do have fingers to type though ... and type very fast at that!

The good thing is that tomorrow, the haters will be job-less ... without Venus who are they gonna hate on?

AjdeNate!
I think those rabid posters feeding into the negativity are just responding to past rabid posters who expressed the same sort of negativity. It's a sick sad cycle. Sad but true.

jbone_0307
You have it wrong, Serena is the best when on her game. Venus hasn't won a grand slm approaching 3 years. :yikes: Im just waiting for Serena to come back because shes much more reliable and is intense and is the better player of the two. I understand that her sister died, but there are far worse things that are happening to people in the world right now and she should be considered a lucky one because there are people dying of starvation and diseases. Ive lost hope in Venus and im not looking to gain it back. GO SERENA!!!

volley1
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:10 AM
diya is asssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssshole!!!!! :fiery: :tape: :fiery: :lol:

Astro Jetson
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:11 AM
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=100419 :tape:

GoGoMaggie
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:18 AM
Well why don't you think the other around? Don't you think the way you talk about teh sisters and other players makes us haters even more of haters? Your pure arrogance is just sickening. All you're saying is basically the same thing "the sistahz are the best and no one can match them". We don't hate them for no good reason. Well, I don't hate them but defintely don't like some of the Willy fans here. Saying that, I know I'm acting a bit immature responding to them the way I do. I don't mind teh sistahz much but don't like them either. Just let us all like what we like and hate what we hate.

GoDominique
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:20 AM
gogomaggie.
Diya.
perryrubin whatever.

Who else ?

jbone_0307
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:20 AM
I still love you Venus

Tplayer
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:21 AM
Venus got smoked like a cheap cigar in the 3rd round by little Lisa Raymond. Ranked 28 in the world. What a great day to be an American!:bounce: Idol worshipers eat crow!

SerialKiller#69
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:21 AM
You're right. The Williams girls are two exceptional athletes with admirable personalities and work ethics. But the hate that you're referring to is more directed to the conceited and arrogant posters who in my opinion are prevalent among Williams fans.

Fyndh0rnElf
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:24 AM
I still love you Venus

OMG she just lost a match. It's not like she's a different player/person just because she lost. Would you stop loving her, because of a loss?

Couver
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:25 AM
You're right. The Williams girls are two exceptional athletes with admirable personalities and work ethics. But the hate that you're referring to is more directed to the conceited and arrogant posters who in my opinion are prevalent among Williams fans.

That's a joke right? So what do you call Diya? gogomaggie? T3player? The list goes on. You should read a few more posts cause fans like that are prevalent in every fanbase.

DunkMachine
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:26 AM
The problem is that we Pro-Williamses you haters are just anti-Williams. Your bullshit is what's sickening, Venus loses and in no time punks like you are in here boasting and taunting her loss. Venus fans are under the impression that she is unbeatable, SO fucking WHAT. That's what fans do.

You just hate Venus and Serena for being successfull and you can't stand that. Get a life please!

Rothes
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:28 AM
:rolleyes: To many of these threads in to little time, Lets just enjoy the Australian Open!

DunkMachine
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:30 AM
:rolleyes: To many of these threads in to little time, Lets just enjoy the Australian Open!
That the most intelligent post I've read all evening.:kiss: :wavey:

Rtael
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:30 AM
I think those rabid posters feeding into the negativity are just responding to past rabid posters who expressed the same sort of negativity. It's a sick sad cycle. Sad but true.

Losing Respect for you quick. :wavey: Why the hell would you support such a hypocritical thread as this?

AjdeNate!
Jan 24th, 2004, 04:02 AM
Losing Respect for you quick. :wavey: Why the hell would you support such a hypocritical thread as this?
Because I bear the brunt of more than my share of hate for my faves for no valid reason as well. And I didn't mention who exactly I feel starts the negativity. ;)

mboyle
Jan 24th, 2004, 04:06 AM
please read my pro-Venus thread:wavey: . I feel really bad for you guys:sad: .

DemWilliamsGulls
Jan 24th, 2004, 04:58 AM
Let all of the haters have their temporary fun......they have been waiting for a very long time because they rarely get a chance because of their domination. I'm not worried at all about today's upset...Venus knows what she gotta do....she needs to get seasoned again...and back in top form. Mad props to Lisa Raymond she played a damn good game....Venus and Serena will be back.....to kick ass and take names later...trust me.

SerenaSlam
Jan 24th, 2004, 05:02 AM
Well why don't you think the other around? Don't you think the way you talk about teh sisters and other players makes us haters even more of haters? Your pure arrogance is just sickening. All you're saying is basically the same thing "the sistahz are the best and no one can match them". We don't hate them for no good reason. Well, I don't hate them but defintely don't like some of the Willy fans here. Saying that, I know I'm acting a bit immature responding to them the way I do. I don't mind teh sistahz much but don't like them either. Just let us all like what we like and hate what we hate.
this is where we all are confused. b/c personally i don't see much bashing coming from you all towards any other tennis players but venus and serena. and speaking on behalf of williams fans, i don't run around talking shit about players. im not posting, "fat and fucked up cappy looses in first round of AO" or Lindsay fat ass, leaps and bounds even though she lost a set, or henin hardneen the titless belgian cruzes again. but on the other hand, from you all it comes regurlary and w/out any hesitation. and to speak the truth, there are those williams fans out there, but to keep the truth coming at you all, you all are the "mice" and these williams fans are the "cat" and we run right after yall soon as you all start up w/ some bull shit bogus remarks about venus and serena. there is always a starting point. people just don't start to aruge for no damn reason at all, or draw hate towards fans and wta player for no damn reason at all. there is a reason and a source to all of this bull shit. and i just don't understand how anyone can stoop so damn low to put down someone who was injured and lost their own sister by being shot and killed. it makes no sense, and for anyone to sit around and try to give a point or an arugment to a reason of doing this, is bull shit as well.

personally i have no problem with any of you. when i first came to this damn board i signed on as SerenaVenus and then as VenuSerena, and i was very well known for talking a lot of shit. i did this b/c so much shit was given it was a must for me to come back and deliver. I've been banned by these names, this is how bad and far i have gone to talking about people in the past. I changed to SerenaSlam and decided and realized actually that this is a sport and a game, and that I really am/was taking things to seriously. Sometimes you all do hit the soft nerve and i give it to you all, but I for one don't jump down anyones backs. I think we all need to put bull shit aside that we have been doing over these years. realize that this is a sport. im sorry, but when Yetunde was shot and killed if you are a true fan of a williams and happen to also be very religious, it takes a toll on you. and then come in and see so much bull shit being said towards venus and even serena after all that has happend to them.

none of this happend with seles. none with lindsay when she was out. it was all and dandy. venus and serena have had to "go through" so much bull shit. and thing about "going through" somthing is you always come out. you have to. you can't go through and not come out. venus and serena also know this, and personally i think this is why they have stayed so postive with all the bull shit. they keep their head up. it needs to end, and it needs to end now.

AjdeNate!
Jan 24th, 2004, 05:05 AM
Please do not even try to say that Monica never got bashed. You know that is so wrong. She gets so much crap everytime she plays - and even when she doesn't. You are well wrong there. And I don't think an abdominal injury or knee surgery compares on any level to an assasination attempt.

Diya
Jan 24th, 2004, 05:05 AM
personally i have no problem with any of you. when i first came to this damn board i signed on as SerenaVenus and then as VenuSerena, and i was very well known for talking a lot of shit. i did this b/c so much shit was given it was a must for me to come back and deliver. I've been banned by these names, this is how bad and far i have gone to talking about people in the past. I changed to SerenaSlam and decided and realized actually that this is a sport and a game, and that I really am/was taking things to seriously.

Thanks !

Keith17
Jan 24th, 2004, 05:51 AM
Because I bear the brunt of more than my share of hate for my faves for no valid reason as well. And I didn't mention who exactly I feel starts the negativity. ;)
We pick on K-Lina because we like her. :)

GoGoMaggie
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:44 AM
this is where we all are confused. b/c personally i don't see much bashing coming from you all towards any other tennis players but venus and serena. and speaking on behalf of williams fans, i don't run around talking shit about players. im not posting, "fat and fucked up cappy looses in first round of AO" or Lindsay fat ass, leaps and bounds even though she lost a set, or henin hardneen the titless belgian cruzes again. but on the other hand, from you all it comes regurlary and w/out any hesitation. and to speak the truth, there are those williams fans out there, but to keep the truth coming at you all, you all are the "mice" and these williams fans are the "cat" and we run right after yall soon as you all start up w/ some bull shit bogus remarks about venus and serena. there is always a starting point. people just don't start to aruge for no damn reason at all, or draw hate towards fans and wta player for no damn reason at all. there is a reason and a source to all of this bull shit. and i just don't understand how anyone can stoop so damn low to put down someone who was injured and lost their own sister by being shot and killed. it makes no sense, and for anyone to sit around and try to give a point or an arugment to a reason of doing this, is bull shit as well.

personally i have no problem with any of you. when i first came to this damn board i signed on as SerenaVenus and then as VenuSerena, and i was very well known for talking a lot of shit. i did this b/c so much shit was given it was a must for me to come back and deliver. I've been banned by these names, this is how bad and far i have gone to talking about people in the past. I changed to SerenaSlam and decided and realized actually that this is a sport and a game, and that I really am/was taking things to seriously. Sometimes you all do hit the soft nerve and i give it to you all, but I for one don't jump down anyones backs. I think we all need to put bull shit aside that we have been doing over these years. realize that this is a sport. im sorry, but when Yetunde was shot and killed if you are a true fan of a williams and happen to also be very religious, it takes a toll on you. and then come in and see so much bull shit being said towards venus and even serena after all that has happend to them.

none of this happend with seles. none with lindsay when she was out. it was all and dandy. venus and serena have had to "go through" so much bull shit. and thing about "going through" somthing is you always come out. you have to. you can't go through and not come out. venus and serena also know this, and personally i think this is why they have stayed so postive with all the bull shit. they keep their head up. it needs to end, and it needs to end now.
So your point is you have been banned a couple of times under different names. And now you're trying to be a smart ass tutoring us huh?

pigam
Jan 24th, 2004, 08:08 AM
Yeah, it strikes me too, those haters.
But -as annoying as they are- they can be reduced to, lets say, 5 (maybe even only 3) posters who post in EVERY SINGLE Venus thread.
They're sad. They don't 'deserve' threads like these, cuz it's only an opportunity for them to continue their terror... :rolleyes:

Jakeev
Jan 24th, 2004, 09:22 AM
That's a joke right? So what do you call Diya? gogomaggie? T3player? The list goes on. You should read a few more posts cause fans like that are prevalent in every fanbase.
Exactly!! and I am sure if Justine or Kim loses we will see the same post from some Williams fans too.

It's like someone said it's a vicious cycle...........

justine&coria
Jan 24th, 2004, 09:28 AM
Don't worry, she'll come back stronger : remember AO two years ago, she got beaten by Seles, and then reach the finals of the 4 next GS !!
It'll be the same (but in the finals, she'll lose to Justine)