PDA

View Full Version : Venus Will Be Back

lizchris
Jan 24th, 2004, 02:55 AM
I was holding out hope that Venus would take the AO this year, but she isn't going to, but even in her loss, she played pretty well, but Lisa played better so congradulations to her. The same thing happened to Venus the last time she was out for a long time (losing early at the Italian Open to Jelena Dokic) and then she came back strong. Hopefully, Venus will still play Tokyo, win there and play better the rest of the year and take hone another Grand Slam, preferably the French Open.

For all you haters and fair weather Lisa fans, have your fun now, because the chances of her winning this are slim and none. At this point, the person who will win this is probably going to be Justine or Amelie.

Diya
Jan 24th, 2004, 02:56 AM
yeah just like she has been "coming back" since 2002 :tape:

I say just retire already !

LindsayRocks89
Jan 24th, 2004, 02:57 AM
diya you are so annoying and need to go away and never come back!!!!!!!!!

jbone_0307
Jan 24th, 2004, 02:58 AM
plz! Let the lisa fans have there fun and im pretty sure they dont think Lisa will win the title.

Let me guess Venus is in the airport on her way back to Florida so she can gain clients for V Starr instead of working on her pathetic serve, forehand, and mediocre backhand.

Couver
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:00 AM
Why do you care jbone? You obviously don't like her so....even if she did go home to work at her business, why do you care?

7~LV3
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:05 AM
Jelena was good that year ending in top 10...
and i dont think that she came back strong... after the clay, her favourite surface/tourny came and she always do good after the clay anyways!!!

nice words... hope that she realy does come back... and its still EARLY in the year... theres like 15 more tournys she would enter, 15 more chances to win, 15 more tourny points to become number 1...

i really thjink tat u actually jinxed ms Venus bout her ankle thing..

lizchris
diya you are so annoying and need to go away and never come back!!!!!!!!!
Because she is a bitch.

TennisHack
Title: Venus will be back

As if there was any doubt :rolleyes: And here I thought you guys would just suck it up and sulk. Why are you baiting and being baited?

Also, interestingly enough, it seems the Lindsay fans have been unproportionally happy about this victory. Guess you can't blame the Belgian fans this time, eh? ;)

lizchris
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:08 AM
Jelena was good that year ending in top 10...
and i dont think that she came back strong... after the clay, her favourite surface/tourny came and she always do good after the clay anyways!!!

nice words... hope that she realy does come back... and its still EARLY in the year... theres like 15 more tournys she would enter, 15 more chances to win, 15 more tourny points to become number 1...

i really thjink tat u actually jinxed ms Venus bout her ankle thing..
I didn't do a damn thing; Lisa just played better today.

As I stated, tomorrow is another day and there will be more titles for Venus to win, including the Grand Slams. At least she has four Grand Slam singles title; Lisa and Kim, who are still in, have none.

jbone_0307
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:13 AM
Why do you care jbone? You obviously don't like her so....even if she did go home to work at her business, why do you care?

just for sarcasm

Fyndh0rnElf
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:15 AM
I didn't do a damn thing; Lisa just played better today.

As I stated, tomorrow is another day and there will be more titles for Venus to win, including the Grand Slams. At least she has four Grand Slam singles title; Lisa and Kim, who are still in, have none.
So bitter... Venus is older than Kim anyway

lizchris
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:18 AM
So bitter... Venus is older than Kim anyway
Lindsay is older than Venus and won her first Slam at the age of 22 so what's your point?

jbone_0307
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:22 AM
We hope she will be back

volley1
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:25 AM
Maybe venus should retire. She doesn't seem to enjoy it or want anymore. :sad:

Fyndh0rnElf
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:28 AM
Lindsay is older than Venus and won her first Slam at the age of 22 so what's your point?

The point is Kim can still end up with 4 slams at 23(? is that Venus's age :unsure: ?) and you were comparing Venus's slams(4) to Kim's(0). Don't be a bitch because she lost ok? :D

Fyndh0rnElf
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:29 AM
Maybe venus should retire. She doesn't seem to enjoy it or want anymore. :sad:

Who are you trying to fool. She was screaming come ons on Lisa's errors! She wanted that, and she wanted it desperately. If she couldn't get through it wasn't because she didn't try

lizchris
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:32 AM
The point is Kim can still end up with 4 slams at 23(? is that Venus's age :unsure: ?) and you were comparing Venus's slams(4) to Kim's(0). Don't be a bitch because she lost ok? :D
Don't be an asshole (which you are doing a very good job of) because Lisa beat Venus.

Facts are facts. Venus has four Slams, Kim has none. Kim has a bum ankle that could flare up at any time and will most likely need sugery some time in her career. Unless she plans on winning four Grand Slams this year, her chances of winning may get slim after her sugery.

bandabou
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:39 AM
Venus will be back...those screams and fist pumps make me a believer.

LucasArg
Jan 24th, 2004, 05:04 AM

You need to retire! Bye Diya!:wavey:

DemWilliamsGulls
Jan 24th, 2004, 05:08 AM

what this dumbass dont realize is that she was Venus was better than everyone but her sister in 2002....and she played in 4 grand slams finals against her sisters....while ranked #1 and #2 in 2002. :rolleyes: some people on here act like they are dumb as a sac of fukin bricks.
P.S why the hell would Venus want to retire.....??? I mean damn..she just returned from being off court for over 6 months...not to mention a abdominal injury and loosing her sister.....why does she need to retire from loosing to Lisa Raymond?????????...come on now...ya'll need to think.

Venus_Is_Queen
Jan 24th, 2004, 05:11 AM
My prayers go up for you Venus .....

Take some time and fix your game more and you will be just fine..

If Venus does not pull out of the Toray Pan tourney I hope she recovers from this loss and puts it behind her so it does not effect her mental toughness.

Midnite Surfer
Jan 24th, 2004, 05:13 AM

I say just retire already !But wait who would lose to Serena in all of the grand slams? Maybe ze best of ze rest? :confused:

...of course I mean the grand slam finals....of course.....because they did that quite a lot....:smoke:

gosistaz
Jan 24th, 2004, 10:26 AM

Yeah and all them aces were not bad either...

I'm looking forward to seeing her in Tokyo :devil:...

DelMonte
Jan 24th, 2004, 10:46 AM
of course venus will be back. she's just too good to be written off. i know this loss will be tough for her (despite her long time away from the game, she had high expectations), but i strongly believe that she could learn a great deal from her this experience. aspects of her game are still prone to breakdown (that 2nd serve!!! argh!) and she needs to work on that. the rest will come with more match practice!

DelMonte

Mariangelina
Jan 24th, 2004, 10:51 AM
Poor Venus :sad:

Of course she'll be back. But I don't think Navratilova herself could have won a Slam after a layoff that long. Venus played quite impressively in her first two matches, and even this one was pretty close :fiery:

But this will probably only make her more determined for the rest of 2004 :bounce:

cool bird
Jan 24th, 2004, 11:04 AM
Ok im no tennis buff here. But think Venus williams Second serve looked a lot better. She went for it on big points and she was getting good depth. The forehand still needs work thats what let her down. The forehand return as well still needs work on the big points.

But for me even thou Venus lost the match there are still good thing to take away. Being a tennis player is not a 100m sprint. Its a Marathone. And you have to get up the hills.

I do feel that maybe Venus could drop down to play some tier 3 just to get back in to the habbit of wining matches. At the end of the day even if Venus loses her next 5 first round tournies, She is still class and class is permint and will alway show out

Sam L
Jan 24th, 2004, 11:06 AM
Of course she'll be back. :clap2:

katrientje
Jan 24th, 2004, 11:48 AM
Venus will be back. she has never been in this situation and I am sure she doesn't like it. She'll fight hard to be back where she belongs, give her some time

Lady
Jan 24th, 2004, 12:02 PM
Of course, she'll be back! No doubts about it!

CinnamoninCinema
Jan 24th, 2004, 12:59 PM

What is your point? :confused:

CinnamoninCinema
Jan 24th, 2004, 01:01 PM
Ok im no tennis buff here. But think Venus williams Second serve looked a lot better. She went for it on big points and she was getting good depth. The forehand still needs work thats what let her down. The forehand return as well still needs work on the big points.

But for me even thou Venus lost the match there are still good thing to take away. Being a tennis player is not a 100m sprint. Its a Marathone. And you have to get up the hills.

I do feel that maybe Venus could drop down to play some tier 3 just to get back in to the habbit of wining matches. At the end of the day even if Venus loses her next 5 first round tournies, She is still class and class is permint and will alway show out

Her second serve looked better? Are you kidding me?

Did you see the way Venus was unable to do anything but spin her 2nd serve out wide on the deuce court? Lisa ATE THAT SERVE ALIVE. I'm sorry, but she was sitting on it all day and pounding it. Venus tried once to hit a 2nd serve up the middle on that side and it landed in the net.

I think her second serve was a grave liability in the match ... but credit to Raymond. She did something that all opponents strive to but few manage; pick on Venus' second serve.

Sammm
Jan 24th, 2004, 01:04 PM
God, didn't realise there are so many haters around here!

CinnamoninCinema
Jan 24th, 2004, 01:05 PM

I find it interesting you would mention that. Venus was about as animated as I can remember during that match.

But .... I always found the greatest part of Venus' game was her unshakeable cool she acquired somewhat after her meltdown against Lindsay 5 years back. Since that match, she does not lose it under pressure, she does not worry about line calls or blowing leads. She is so serene on the outside, it's incredible to watch. Brings back memories of Graf.

But against Lisa she was more emotional than I can remember. Perhaps that tampered with her focus at crucial times?

bandabou
Jan 24th, 2004, 01:10 PM
Cinnamon is right. The second-serve was a liability....and all those dfs. That always put her in a hole...

Circe
Jan 24th, 2004, 01:15 PM
Well of course she's going to be back - as if that had to be said. Don't let the haters get to you though, Venus fans, it's just not worth it.
Looks like she was rusty today due to lack of proper match practice (you can practice on the practice courts as long as you like but there's nothing like actually playing a proper match) and will find her groove soon enough.

lizchris
Jan 24th, 2004, 01:43 PM
What is your point? :confused:
That she still has the ability to win a Slam. At least she got to the third round after being off six months. Jennifer had eye sugery and couldn't get past the third round last year.

CinnamoninCinema
Jan 24th, 2004, 01:46 PM
That she still has the ability to win a Slam. At least she got to the third round after being off six months. Jennifer had eye sugery and couldn't get past the third round last year.

Ok, fine. But that guy wasn't saying Venus didn't. He was responding to your comment about the lack of Slam for Kim by saying Venus is older since you were comparing them. So maybe you misunderstood what he meant.

Brαm
Jan 24th, 2004, 01:50 PM

I'm sorry, but are you talking about Sharapova here?

lizchris
Jan 24th, 2004, 01:55 PM
Ok, fine. But that guy wasn't saying Venus didn't. He was responding to your comment about the lack of Slam for Kim by saying Venus is older since you were comparing them. So maybe you misunderstood what he meant.
And i was saying just because Venus is 23 dones't mean she can't win again. Face it, she has been there; Kim hasn't and won't win here. She will have a letdown in the second week and even if she gets to the final, Amelie, Lindsay or Justine will be waiting and she'd better hope it is Lindsay because the other two have the ability to beat her.

CinnamoninCinema
Jan 24th, 2004, 02:04 PM
And i was saying just because Venus is 23 dones't mean she can't win again.

Yes ok. I was not arguing with that, and neither was the other guy. That is all I was saying.

Diya
Feb 26th, 2004, 05:11 PM
Yes Venus is BACK ................back to her losing ways that is :tape:

lizchris
Feb 26th, 2004, 05:13 PM
Yes Venus is BACK ................back to her losing ways that is :tape:
At least Venus got to the quarterfinals; Jennifer couldn't get out of the second round and this was her first match back. Venus at least won her first match back from injury and she was out longer.

You would do youself good to crawl back up the diry asshole you seem to slither out of when Venus or Serena lose.

Kabezya
Feb 26th, 2004, 08:02 PM
Venus will be back. It's only a matter of time when she'll return to top form :)