PDA

View Full Version : To the Venus Fans--THIS IS NOT A HATE THREAD

mboyle
Jan 24th, 2004, 02:52 AM
Hey guys, I know you all must be feeling really dissappointed that your girl lost. In all honesty, I was certain that she was gonna win this thing, and I am (obviously) not her biggest fan. I am just as shocked as you guys that she lost, and though Lisa did play an amazing match apparently, I am disgusted with some of the words of my fellow non-Williams fan posters regarding her loss. I just want there to be a record that not all of us are hateful. I know that this is hard, but please can we all try to cheer for our player instead of hating on someone else's fave?:sad:

GoDominique
Jan 24th, 2004, 02:54 AM
You mean Diya and gogomaggie ? :lol:

pReUrBrIyN
Jan 24th, 2004, 02:55 AM
Thats not possible Matt. I am now in full GO CHANDA MODE and DIE ALL-BELGIANS MODE.

:wavey:

LindsayRocks89
Jan 24th, 2004, 02:56 AM
i even hope more now that the belgians lose, they must go down!!! :devil: diya needs to go down too!! :devil:

Mr. Man
Jan 24th, 2004, 02:56 AM
Hey guys, I know you all must be feeling really dissappointed that your girl lost. In all honesty, I was certain that she was gonna win this thing, and I am (obviously) not her biggest fan. I am just as shocked as you guys that she lost, and though Lisa did play an amazing match apparently, I am disgusted with some of the words of my fellow non-Williams fan posters regarding her loss. I just want there to be a record that not all of us are hateful. I know that this is hard, but please can we all try to cheer for our player instead of hating on someone else's fave?:sad:
Haters have thick skulls. It's impossible. But Thanks though. Venus knows what she did wrong, I'm looking forward to seeing her again in her next tourny. :kiss: Venus!

volley1
Jan 24th, 2004, 02:57 AM
O god venus lost this is not possible. Now what reason do i have to live? :sad:

silverwhite
Jan 24th, 2004, 02:58 AM
Thanks a lot.

Go, Lindsay and Kim!

Couver
Jan 24th, 2004, 02:59 AM
Thank you for the post.

I think you make a good point. Not all people who aren't fans of the sisters revel in looses or attack their fans.

Just like not all Williams fans bash other players, or attack other players fans. Despite what some fools attempts to lump us into one big stereotyped fan base.

Diya
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:00 AM
Where is Dawn Marie aka Dumb Moron ?

VW#1
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:00 AM
i don't understand why people hate on each others players so much on both sides. Anyone who is cheering Venus's lost is obviously a hater. They can't take it that she is successful and talented, and that her and her sister are THE STORY anytime they step out on the court. It says a lot about a person who would cheer and be happy when someone loses, they are obviously lacking something in their own life. To the Williams fans why bag on Lisa Raymond. She beat Venus which sucks, but why not wish her good luck. I mean she is supposed to go out on the court and try and beat Venus, so don't hate and say she'll flame out in the next round, that's poor taste. Damn, can't we all just get along

SJW
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:05 AM
:kiss:

thanks

it's impossible to determine whether some people are sick or stupid. some of the stuff is inexcusable, regardless of their feelings for the sisters. i guess these people just weren't raised better :)

i was upset before but i'm ok now. Lisa is lovely, i congratulate her to the fullest. Venus has been out for 6 months, if she won, something would have been seriously wrong. she's got a few matches under her belt, and now onto the next tournament. thanks for your words, but haters are gonna hate :)

TennisHack
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:13 AM
Too bad your thread was invaded by the "hateful" ones anyway.

Always good to see some maturity on the fringes of this place, though :)

Greenout
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:14 AM

:worship:

Great words. I watched this match live from the 2nd set because the
SLY -vs-Amy watch was being shown on the other court and that was
totally wacko. Anyway...My jaw dropped when they showed the first
set scoreline. Venus losing against Lisa Raymond, whom I consider
a journey woman and a chocker. The match was so nerve killing.
I was on my feet in the condo. I didn't think it would bother me, but
it did. To see a champ like Venus go down like that ..it's really
disturbing. I was cheering for Venus during the tie-break, and
still can't believe that Lisa won. I guess it's just been one of those tournaments where shit happens.

This actually reminded me of WIMBLEDON 1998 where
Natasha beat Steffi who had a 13-0 lifetime head-to-head lead
and was assured to contend against Jana or Hingis in the finals.
Steffi lost to Natasha and I was thrilled being an NZ fan.
I guess the only difference is that I don't really
care that much about Lisa; but it's still shocking, and every
head to head is made to be broken at least one day. And Lisa
played the best match I've ever seen from her except 1 from
an early round in the US OPEN years ago.

You just have to understand that sometimes these things happen.
I hope you guys all get over it. I know how it feels to see your
grand slam coverage tossed into the dumper, now that your ultra
fave is out.

Hang in there!! :yeah:

tennisIlove09
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:51 AM
I'm too devastated to care what the haters think. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Elvira
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:48 AM

I totally HOPE you are just being overdramatic and not serious here.... :o

Bероника
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:55 AM
I haven't read what the haters have to say,and i am surely not going to do.I couldn't care less about them + they always repeat the same,not really original nor interesting.

Kart
Jan 24th, 2004, 01:39 PM
:yeah:

topspin
Jan 24th, 2004, 01:45 PM

Mboyle, thanks for a wonderful post.

servenrichie
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:16 PM
:worship: :worship: Hate those people jinxing her yesterday with how she`s gonna blow Lisa away. Anything can happen. I was disapointed, but not too much. It`s her first tournament in 6 months and she is no super-woman. Anyway, thanks for this post. That was quite thoughtful of you.:)

GoGoMaggie
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:23 PM
Tell me where and when I said a nasty thing about Venus' loss?
I admit I made fun of Willy fans who act selfish just to make then learn a lesson.
I'm truly sorry for Venus and yet happy (very) for Lisa as she's my favorite player.

bandabou
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:25 PM
No, Lisa played well and it just wasnīt Venusīs day. Can happen. Hope Lisa can keep it up.

GoGoMaggie
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:27 PM
No, Lisa played well and it just wasnīt Venusīs day. Can happen. Hope Lisa can keep it up.
It's nice to see you give credit to a non-Willy player for a change.
I'm starting to think you may not be as bad a Willy fan as some others I bunch together as a paranoid cult.:wavey:

Amanda
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:29 PM
OMG--some people think that Venus is tennis. LOL @ their stupidity. Lisa outplayed Venus and moved on to the next round....Venus getting ready for her next tournament....NO BIG DEAL. Congratulations to Lisa.

Diya :tape: ---typical hater

bandabou
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:49 PM
It's nice to see you give credit to a non-Willy player for a change.
I'm starting to think you may not be as bad a Willy fan as some others I bunch together as a paranoid cult.:wavey:

:yeah: See?! I ainīt that bad....no problem giving credit where creditīs due.

SerialKiller#69
Jan 24th, 2004, 04:11 PM
:wavey: She's not in a coma. :rolleyes:

Dave B
Jan 24th, 2004, 04:18 PM
Thats not possible Matt. I am now in full GO CHANDA MODE and DIE ALL-BELGIANS MODE.

:wavey:

This is the attitude that creates Williams haters. If you are dishin' it sometimes you have to eat it. :angel:

Rocketta
Jan 24th, 2004, 04:53 PM
This is the attitude that creates Williams haters. If you are dishin' it sometimes you have to eat it. :angel:
Who cares if someone is dishing it? Just know if Williams fans dished on the Belgians as hard as gets dished on Williamsx2 you wouldn't be able to handle it. So here's a clue..try staying on topic in a thread why don't you...Oh and only thing that creates any kind of hater is poor upbringing and a stale personality..Is that what you have?

Also, mboyle good post...

personally, some of these people who claim to be educated are just lacking home training and possibly their sanity so no need to worry about them...that's for their parents and their pyschiatrists..:)

Mrs. Peel
Jan 24th, 2004, 04:57 PM
Add Perfect Stroke to that list as well...

Diya is never a problem for me...she's on ignore :tape:

Mrs. Peel
Jan 24th, 2004, 04:59 PM
Thank you Mboyle! :kiss:

I refuse to be in shock. As Venus says...it's time to move on! On to Tokyo!

oh...and Congratulations to Lisa Raymond. I hope she capitalizes on this opportunity. It would be a shame to see her lose in the next round!

skanky~skanketta
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:03 PM
i'm still not over this loss yet.:sad:

but hope she wins tokyo and antwerp(unless she faces justine)...hope she wins the french and becomes a tremendous clay player with lots of patience. oh venus.:sobbing:

congrats to lisa. she played a tremendous match. sorry, but i cant feel happy for her. 'm to dissapointed. as for the haters, i just skip their posts.whats the point???freakshows.:mad:

lets see hwo they act when venus wins the french!hah!

but for the rest of the AO, go kim!!!!win it!IF she loses(god forbid!) go justine!(if SHE loses), GO VERA!

SerialKiller#69
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:19 PM
lets see hwo they act when venus wins the french!hah!

Don't set yourself up too high again. You might fall again hard. Think grass, that's more likely but then..:tape: ;)

SJW
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:50 PM
why is it anybody that says positive things about the Williams is suddenly a Williams fan? :confused: and if they say things like "die all belgians", or "when Venus wins the French" suddenly all Williams fans are arrogant.

if i made a negative comment about a player, does that mean somebody will cuss on Kim fans?

pigam
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:53 PM
why is it anybody that says positive things about the Williams is suddenly a Williams fan? :confused: and if they say things like "die all belgians", or "when Venus wins the French" suddenly all Williams fans are arrogant.

if i made a negative comment about a player, does that mean somebody will cuss on Kim fans?
True. But why the 'die all Belgians' :confused:
as If it are the 'belgians-fans' who are spreading the hatred since Venus lost. :rolleyes:

SJW
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:56 PM
True. But why the 'die all Belgians' :confused:
as If it are the 'belgians-fans' who are spreading the hatred since Venus lost. :rolleyes:
i don't know :confused:. i think it was really uncalled for....but whatever.

i've stopped expecting people to act like civilised human beings on this board :)

pigam
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:01 PM
i don't know :confused:. i think it was really uncalled for....but whatever.

i've stopped expecting people to act like civilised human beings on this board :)
Mmmyeah, me too. It is actually really sad. Hope some of those haters are acting differently in real life, cuz otherwise :eek: :bolt: :retard:

harloo
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:04 PM
thanks mboyle for the post.

At first I was shocked at the way Lisa played, but I felt Venus was not ready yet. She has been off for a long time, and I have taken it as another blow for her to lose but it's not that serious. Maybe it's serious for us fans who hoped she could pull through, but Venus will be alright and come back stronger.

As far as posters jumping on her losing, well Williams fans are use to it. It's the nature of WTAworld. Who cares? I don't, but I do believe in karma. :)

GrahamD
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:15 PM
Yes, Lisa played very well and Venus didn't.