PDA

View Full Version : One of these players will be a Grand Slam semifinalist

caseyl45
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:34 AM
Either Nathalie Dechy, Patty Schnyder, Paola Suarez, Tatiana Golovin, or Lisa Raymond will be a Grand Slam semifinalist for the first time. Which one will it be? Any guesses?

Andrew.
Lisa has a clear shot at it...

Rothes
Patty Schnyder

HHHHHOOOOOPPP SSSSCCCCHHHWWWWIIIZZZZZ

Calaer
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:35 AM
Either Nathalie Dechy, Patty Schnyder, Paola Suarez, Tatiana Golovin, Lina Krasnoroutskaya, or Lisa Raymond will be a Grand Slam semifinalist for the first time. Which one will it be? Any guesses?

Hm. They've all reached Grand Slam Quarters with the exception of Golovin and Dechy. Should be interesting who pulls through.

AjdeNate!
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:36 AM
Allez Tati!!!

Rtael
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:37 AM
Suarez, of course!

GoDominique
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:39 AM
Lisa deserves it, she played so well. Will be tough to keep it up though.

Keith17
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:40 AM
I'd put my money on either Paola or Nathalie.

Rtael
Either Nathalie Dechy, Patty Schnyder, Paola Suarez, Tatiana Golovin, Lina Krasnoroutskaya, or Lisa Raymond will be a Grand Slam semifinalist for the first time. Which one will it be? Any guesses?
You can take Krasnoroutskaya out of the list now! :tape:

pReUrBrIyN
Tatiana :)

jerk-in-the-box
definitely I see Suarez making it

disposablehero
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:43 AM
Raymond, Schnyder, and Krasnoroutskaya are your best bets.

sartrista7
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:46 AM
Really wide open... anything could happen. Dechy was not that impressive against Obata today; I have a feeling that a lot of Raymond's strong play was because she fed off Venus's game so effectively - she certainly didn't play as well when Sanchez Lorenzo took her to three sets in the opening round; Schnyder is carrying some sort of injury and will probably lose to Paola today; Golovin is amazing, but also only 15.

Which leaves the in-form Paola. In a Slam semi. :eek:

~RedRose~
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:47 AM
Raymond, Schnyder, and Krasnoroutskaya are your best bets.
Lina lost to Tatiana before you posted this :) ...... however I rekon Schyder but luv to see Tati take it :)

mboyle
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:48 AM
I WANT A MASHA vs. TATI SEMI!!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Tennisfan-Mtl
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:48 AM
I'd love to see Nathalie or Patty reach the semis...but, in all honesty, I don't think it can be anyone else than Ms. Suarez...which is not bad either ;)

sartrista7
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:51 AM
Seriously... I don't expect this to happen at all, but I wouldn't be shocked to see Tatiana come through. She's got a huge future ahead of her. And she can deal with experienced wall-like players, as the Smashnova-Pistolesi win showed admirably.

Libertango
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:52 AM
GO PAOLA! :banana: :bounce:

Rothes
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:54 AM
Uhm Apparently Schnyder does not carry the Injury anymore, courtesy of STF and Blick.

wongqks
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:54 AM
it was such an amazing opportunity for ai :sad:

fammmmedspin
Jan 24th, 2004, 04:01 AM
We have not been allowed to see Golovin yet but her wins were impressive. Suarez has had no coverage so can't tell there. Dechy has been similarly invisible except when they showed Obata's last point which didn't help. Patty was injured but her stats don't show anything, she is clearly in a fighting mood and her aces count suggests she is formidable. Lisa playing like today looks a good bet. Lisa certainly deserves it. Golovin may have it in her destiny. Patty is the one who might beat Kim if she is really on - the battle of the suspect ankles.