PDA

View Full Version : Will Lisa Raymond Be Able To Challenge The Williams Sisters?

VW#1
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:33 AM
I felt the need to start one of these threads, because whenever someone scores a win over the Williams Sisters, the media hype them as the next coming of Christ, so I thought I'd start the hype.

7~LV3
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:41 AM
u aint no Pam Shiver...

HellanSpicen
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:43 AM
Please, Lisa will lose the next round, just like Meghann Shagnessy at the Nasdaq 500.

Hell, I bet even Lisa knows she caught Venus on a off night.

cool bird
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:44 AM
No she will not.I know venus played a good match but she was still a little in and out of the match. Plus raymond just played her socks off.
But the sad thing for raymond is Venus does not like to be beaten twice

LUIS9
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:44 AM
Well let may say i am no Williams fan, however they have grown a bit into me, especially Serena's way of overpowering and plain squashing her opponents on court. However its ludicrous, ignorant to say the least that just because Raymond played solidly against a very rusty Venus who lacked match toughness after a 6 month lay off, will become a challenger to them. If so Shaugnessy would have been beating them left and ritht, and has that happened of course not.

Calaer
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:45 AM
Not consistently, but no doubt now she has the confidence that she can beat them.

VW#1
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:46 AM
the thread is meant as a joke, supposed to lighten the mood a little

Fyndh0rnElf
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:48 AM
Well let may say i am no Williams fan, however they have grown a bit into me, especially Serena's way of overpowering and plain squashing her opponents on court. However its ludicrous, ignorant to say the least that just because Raymond played solidly against a very rusty Venus who lacked match toughness after a 6 month lay off, will become a challenger to them. If so Shaugnessy would have been beating them left and ritht, and has that happened of course not.

Well Shaughnessy has beaten Venus more than once. There are plenty of top players who have never beaten her. Even Mauresmo(her "win" was a withdrawal)