PDA

View Full Version : The "Excuses why Venus lost to Lisa Raymond" thread.

Keith17
Jan 24th, 2004, 02:27 AM
I'll start.

1. Venus was tired.
2. Venus wasn't able to practice enough.
3. Venus was afraid that rebound ace would tear up her ankles.
4. Venus hates that the Aussie Open is played in January.
5. Venus had diarrhea.
6. Venus forgot how to play tennis because her better sister wasn't there.
7. Venus had her mind on interior decorating, instead of tennis.

Please continue.

korben
Jan 24th, 2004, 02:29 AM
Lisa played match of her life ?

deej_01
Jan 24th, 2004, 02:30 AM
Perhaps the excuse is just that Lisa played better than Venus did on this day.

craigsf2000
Jan 24th, 2004, 02:31 AM
Perhaps the excuse is just that Lisa played better than Venus did on this day.

but I have a lovely sofa to sell ya....

VW#1
Jan 24th, 2004, 02:32 AM
I'm not going to make excuses for venus just as I am sure she is not going to make excuses for herself. But I think EVERYONE on this board knows that Venus is a champion and will rise again. I would say the same of Henin Hardenne, Clijsters, or either Williams Sister, the only way for anyone outside of any of those listed to beat them is for them to be off their game. So people can cheer all they want, but venus has proven herself time and time again. She'll do it again. Good effort by Raymond, she took her opportunities, congratulations. Venus your true friends support you no matter what? :worship:

Diya
Venus was injured ! Lizchris even had a thread on her injury remember ? :lol:

Couver
Well I haven't seen any of Venus' fans start a thread or mention anything on your list. You're coming off like a big loser.

for-sure
Jan 24th, 2004, 02:34 AM
I'll start.

1. Venus was tired.
2. Venus wasn't able to practice enough.
3. Venus was afraid that rebound ace would tear up her ankles.
4. Venus hates that the Aussie Open is played in January.
5. Venus had diarrhea.
6. Venus forgot how to play tennis because her better sister wasn't there.
7. Venus had her mind on interior decorating, instead of tennis.

Please continue.

8. Venus did not want an * next to her name, when she won the title
9.Venus thought she was too good for the WTA and heard from an Ausopen dir. that she will be automatically inserted into the third round of the men's draw. She was hoping to give Andy a serving clinic in the final ;)

cool bird
Jan 24th, 2004, 02:35 AM
Keith why dont you FUCK OFF.

magassi
Jan 24th, 2004, 02:36 AM
Venus was outplayed... look at the stats. She played like she always does when she wins. She hit 14 aces... and almost the same amount of winners as errors. I'm not a Raymond fan, but it looks like she out played Venus today.

AjdeNate!
Jan 24th, 2004, 02:37 AM
9.Venus thought she was too good for the WTA and heard from an Ausopen dir. that she will be automatically inserted into the third round of the men's draw. She was hoping to give Andy a serving clinic in the final ;)
:haha: That actually was funny!!

Kart
Jan 24th, 2004, 02:38 AM

That is priceless :rolls: in a rather childish thread :(.

Rub
Jan 24th, 2004, 02:40 AM
Venus was injured ! Lizchris even had a thread on her injury remember ?

hey... don't forget kimmy is much injured!

Rub
Jan 24th, 2004, 02:41 AM
i remember somebody posted venus had vaginal dryness! :lol: :ROTFL:

Joana
Jan 24th, 2004, 02:42 AM
No excuses - Lisa was great and desreved to win. But Bovinasboyfriend's #8 excuse is just :lol:

Mateo Mathieu
Jan 24th, 2004, 02:42 AM
I'm not going to make excuses for venus just as I am sure she is not going to make excuses for herself. But I think EVERYONE on this board knows that Venus is a champion and will rise again. I would say the same of Henin Hardenne, Clijsters, or either Williams Sister, the only way for anyone outside of any of those listed to beat them is for them to be off their game. So people can cheer all they want, but venus has proven herself time and time again. She'll do it again. Good effort by Raymond, she took her opportunities, congratulations. Venus your true friends support you no matter what? :worship:
:worship:

AnDyDog621
Jan 24th, 2004, 02:55 AM
hahaha she didn't want an * that was funnie, well the excuse is that she lost plain and simple....she didn't do her comeback like she had done in the past

bandabou
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:06 AM
no excuses..Lisa won. Bottom-line.

Tplayer
Jan 24th, 2004, 04:10 AM
There are no excuses. Now that I have seen the match I can tell you that Venus just got a good old fashion ass kicking. The 30 year old 28th player in the world made Venus look old and slow. Lisa clobbered Venus with vicious forehands and fantastic net work. But most importantly, she wasn’t afraid of Venus. Venus has lost her fear factor and the school yard bully tactics were ineffective. Lisa stayed aggressive and hit Venus with a variety of shots keeping Venus on the heals of her shoes. Lisa won this match from Venus and anybody who says anything else is a damn liar.

arcus
Jan 24th, 2004, 04:17 AM
jsut a great match from raymond. Playin close to the base line, taking the ball so quick on the rise, playing center theory..... all good against VW.
Not to take anything away from LR, but this is the kind of confidence that u get when u play doubles with and get tips from martina navratilova. helped sveta k. too.

DemWilliamsGulls
Jan 24th, 2004, 04:40 AM
There are no excuses...Venus need to go back in top form....Lisa was on fire..and I never saw that gull play the way she played b4......she get mad props for her performance today. I was dissapointed in Venus performance....she gave Lisa a lot of points with all those unforced errors....the first serve was terrible. Lisa's forhand was just sick...and she killed anything slow over the net. Out of all the times she played she finally got Venus...congrats to Lisa..may the best player win....;) dont worry.....Venus will be back.....;)

LucasArg
Jan 24th, 2004, 04:45 AM
What is so funny???:rolleyes:

Then you say Williams fans are arrogant and here you are:o

Why don't you leave this board, you don't worth to belong here.