PDA

View Full Version : Molik´s serve as good as Serena´s?!

bandabou
Jan 23rd, 2004, 11:06 PM
Pam said that Alicia´s serve is as good as Serena´s...that stroke me a bit ambitious, ´cause last year Serena pretty much ate Alicia´s serve for lunch.

VW#1
Jan 23rd, 2004, 11:09 PM
Pam thinks everybody does everything better than the Williams sisters. Sometimes she praises them beyond belief in then other times she talks about them like they're just cocky bastards who can't back up the hype.

Fyndh0rnElf
Jan 23rd, 2004, 11:23 PM
Pam said that Alicia´s serve is as good as Serena´s...that stroke me a bit ambitious, ´cause last year Serena pretty much ate Alicia´s serve for lunch.

"cause Serena pretty much ate Alicia's" is not a good term of comparison. If you managed to put Serena on her heyday returning her own serve maybe it wouldn't fare much better than Alicia's.

Well my opinion is it would anyway, 'cause Alicia's serve is good but not that good.

harloo
Jan 24th, 2004, 12:12 AM
What a suprise coming from good ole Pam.:rolleyes:

kell
Jan 24th, 2004, 12:41 AM
I think everyone knows that I'm incredibly biassed when it comes to Alicia, but what Pam said is just stupid.

Alicia has maybe the nicest service action in the game, but she can't match Serena when it comes to power.

mboyle
Jan 24th, 2004, 12:44 AM
No one is as good as Serena on serve, but Alicia has the best serve out of the top 5 for sure IMHO (well, Venus, but she counts as top 5;) )

azza
Jan 24th, 2004, 12:47 AM

Molik never versed serena last year :confused: watcha talkin bout Willis

kell
Jan 24th, 2004, 12:50 AM
Molik never versed serena last year :confused: watcha talkin bout Willis
hi azza:wavey:

They played in the Hopman Cup

bandabou
Jan 24th, 2004, 01:09 AM
That´s what I thought too...I was positive they played at the Hopman Cup in the finals.

SJW
Jan 24th, 2004, 02:51 AM
OMG Azza you call yourself a Molik fan? :tape:

azza
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:15 AM
Excuse me i thought she meant main tour events becasue the hopman cup is just an exhibition and is not included in the stats :(

SJW
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:16 AM
just kidding ;)

i know you're a massive Alicia fan :o:kiss:

azza
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:20 AM
:kiss:

faboozadoo15
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:25 AM
pam's not anti williams... she just says some stupid stuff from time to time. i read that and laughed.

how in the world can u guys say she doesn't like them or shes against them when she wrote an article about how it seems venus was never gone for 7 months and emphasizes how the absence of serena really opens up the field???

Fantastic
Jan 24th, 2004, 01:50 PM
Pam's pregnant. It's the hormones. Bloody pregnant, hormonal women. :rolleyes: ;)

"Serena pretty much ate Alicia´s serve for lunch."

That doesn't mean Alicia doesn't have a good serve. That means Serena has bloody great returns, mate. :)

Alicia and Serena both have big serves, but the fact is Serena can usually capitalize on her good serves with even better groundstrokes.
So maybe Pam wasn't being as negative as you think. ;)

Brαm
Feb 9th, 2004, 06:41 PM
This says more about Serena's return than about Molik's serve then, I guess?

bandabou
Feb 9th, 2004, 06:44 PM
This says more about Serena's return than about Molik's serve then, I guess?

Guess so...still would say Serena´s serve is better than Alicia´s. There was never any doubt about the returning part.

Fingon
Feb 9th, 2004, 06:44 PM
No one is as good as Serena on serve, but Alicia has the best serve out of the top 5 for sure IMHO (well, Venus, but she counts as top 5;) )
Molik is a top 5? :confused:

Infiniti2001
Feb 9th, 2004, 06:46 PM
Geez, did we need a special thread for this?? :rolleyes:

bandabou
Feb 9th, 2004, 06:59 PM

Guess not, huh?! :lol: Just to point out the foolishness of Pam.

alexusjonesfan
Feb 9th, 2004, 07:00 PM
especially considering how old the news is. Pam said this before the Amélie/Alicia quarter at the AO ;)

AUSBOY
Feb 9th, 2004, 10:16 PM
Serena complemented Alicia on how well she served in their match at Hopman Cup. Alicia actually won a lot of free points with her serve against Serena as did Serena with her serve against Molik. The difference btw these two players in returns and groundstrokes in which Serena was more dominant and consistant.

Alicia certainly has one of the best serves on the tour, especially her kick serve. I dont think Pam's comment was too wrong. Alicia would easily be in the top 10 servers on the tour. I think the thing with Alicia is that she has a 2nd serve that is better than Serena, Davenport, etc where as her 1st serve is about the same as these players

bandabou
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:49 AM
Serena complemented Alicia on how well she served in their match at Hopman Cup. Alicia actually won a lot of free points with her serve against Serena as did Serena with her serve against Molik. The difference btw these two players in returns and groundstrokes in which Serena was more dominant and consistant.

Alicia certainly has one of the best serves on the tour, especially her kick serve. I dont think Pam's comment was too wrong. Alicia would easily be in the top 10 servers on the tour. I think the thing with Alicia is that she has a 2nd serve that is better than Serena, Davenport, etc where as her 1st serve is about the same as these players

Hmm..then I guess Serena´s return is even better than her thought, ´cause 6-2 6-3 or something like that....sounds like a walk in the park.

Fingon
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:59 AM
everyone know I am know a Serena fan,

but Serena IMO has the best serve in women's tennis... ever, at least that I've seen.

it's not only power, it's placement, consistency and hidding.

Alicia may have a good serve, but to compare it to Serena's is laughable

bandabou
Feb 10th, 2004, 05:02 AM
You said it.....

Fantastic
Feb 10th, 2004, 01:15 PM
If even Serena thinks that Alicia has as good a serve as her own, then why do Pam's words bear any weight over Serena's for you to care?

bandabou
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:09 PM
If even Serena thinks that Alicia has as good a serve as her own, then why do Pam's words bear any weight over Serena's for you to care?

Serena said Alicia´s serve was good...didn´t say it was as good her own. Don´t confuse things.

alexusjonesfan
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:25 PM
Fantastic said if Serena said that...not that she did say that. Don't confuse things.

bandabou
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:28 PM
Fantastic said if Serena said that...not that she did say that. Don't confuse things.

My bad, so Serena DIDN´T say that?!