PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay/Corina vs. Lisa/Martina

LindsayRocks89
Jan 23rd, 2004, 10:02 PM
who do you think will win???

KV
Jan 23rd, 2004, 10:03 PM
The partnership with the best ever doubles player.

LindsayRocks89
Jan 23rd, 2004, 10:05 PM
Lindsay and Corina will win, so its a good thing that lisa and martina have mixed doubles :lol:

Andrew.
Jan 23rd, 2004, 10:37 PM
Lindsay and Corina should win. They really do make a great team.

LindsayRulez
Jan 23rd, 2004, 11:13 PM
Lindsay and Corina beat Martina and Lisa just last week, I don't see why things would be any different now. It's still so weird to me that Lindsay is playing against Lisa, probably her best friend on the tour.

Andrew.
Jan 23rd, 2004, 11:19 PM
Lindsay said that Corina is her best friend on tour. ;)

#1 Lindsay
Jan 24th, 2004, 12:12 AM
Lindsay and Corina should win this one considering the firepower they have in lindsay
it should be close though
who ever wins this match is going to go on and win the doubles champs

gossipcom
Jan 24th, 2004, 12:49 AM
It all depends how much energy the singles match against Venus takes out of Lisa - because she then has to back up for the doubles.

If it's anything like the doubles match last week it'll be worth watching :)

Of course someone should tell Channel 7 that because they won't be covering it :(

kyk710
Jan 24th, 2004, 12:51 AM
I don't know who will win, but I think it will be a great match

SerenaSlam
Jan 24th, 2004, 01:42 AM
Lindsay and Corina when they played Martina/Lisa, this was only like their 2-3 match of the year w/ eachother. i know they played before etc, but its been a while. and i think it was a lil difficult and had to adjust.

there will be no surprises for them this time, and i think they will take them out in straight sets and go on to win the title. they are far better than them. i remeber the 2001 was it? Final against the sisters, it was great, but serena really picked it up cuz she got some AMAZING shots and volleys particulalry from Lindsay D

AgassiGirl16
Jan 24th, 2004, 02:39 AM
I hope that Corina/Lindsay will win. It would be great for both of them, and if they can win this...then they can take the title. Winning here would be great for both of them. It would be an "official" comeback for both of them, and it would make my life! :)

AgassiGirl16
Jan 24th, 2004, 02:42 AM
I hope this match with Raymond takes a lot out of her. That would be a break for Linday and Corina. Both Lindsay and Corina are coming off of good wins, Lindsay against Granville and Corina and Martin Damm beat Stubbs and Woodbrige in mixed 6-4, 1-6, 7-6 (10-8) so they should both be playing their best. At least I hope so! ;) fingers crossed!

Andrew.
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:33 AM
WOW! Since Lisa just defeated Venus, there could be two scenarios...

1. She could ride in on a high and kick ass.

2. She could be exhausted and not do well.

I'd personally like to see option 1 happen, I want another exciting match!

gossipcom
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:27 AM
The match has been moved from MCA to Court 7 *hmm* so we won't get any television coverage of this match -well Australia won't - will have to count on score updates instead.

AgassiGirl16
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:35 AM
They moved it? Thank god! It's 1:30 am, and as a loyal fan I am staying up to watch the live scores! :)

LindsayRocks89
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:36 AM
lol so am I!!!

AgassiGirl16
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:46 AM
Haha...I really hope Corina and Lindsay can pull this one off. Navratilova has won so many doubles titles, Lisa just had her best win ever...I think they should share the wealth!

gossipcom
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:21 AM
This match should have started a long time ago and hasn't.... which gives me an indication that three things might have happened:

1. It's started but hasn't made its way onto the IBM Scoreboard.

2. Lindsay decided to withdraw from it since she's 2nd up on RLA tomorrow (which will be v. unfair if the match doesn't start soon since it's almost 6.30pm - say it goes an hour 7.30pm then she'll have to play around 12pm tomorrow plus if successful in doubles play another match tomorrow afternoon)

3. Lisa decided to withdraw after playing her singles match today.

AgassiGirl16
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:22 AM
I dont know where it is. I hope no one withdrew...but I really hope they inform us of something!!