PDA

View Full Version : Why the !@#$ do all you people care if....

pReUrBrIyN
Jan 23rd, 2004, 07:44 PM
A player is on a certain court.

I mean for gods sake its not like the players care or they would say something. I mean its really not that big of deal. You should just be happy that they are playing and not injured....

:mad: :rolleyes:

pigam
Jan 23rd, 2004, 07:49 PM
Actually, I think players *do* care on wich court they play and at what hour, too. Especially with the heat.
But starting threads about it and moaning, isn't going to change that. You're right.
Still, I find the sceduling a bit odd too. :shrug:

griffin
Jan 23rd, 2004, 07:57 PM
Why do you care that they care?

Hazy
Jan 23rd, 2004, 07:57 PM
Why do you care that he cares that they care?

Foot_Fault
Jan 23rd, 2004, 07:59 PM
Why do you care that he cares that they care?
And...Why do you care, that she cares, that he cares that THEY CARE?:p

QUEENLINDSAY
Jan 23rd, 2004, 08:22 PM
Respect just needs to be practice.

Ballbuster
Jan 23rd, 2004, 08:28 PM
A player is on a certain court.

I mean for gods sake its not like the players care or they would say something. I mean its really not that big of deal. You should just be happy that they are playing and not injured....

:mad: :rolleyes:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Kart
Jan 23rd, 2004, 08:31 PM
Good question.

QUEENLINDSAY
Jan 23rd, 2004, 08:34 PM
Davenport on court 2 or 3 is NOT lack of respect... Her playing on 14 in single would have been.

People fail to realize AO main courts are really big... It's not like court 3 only has 200 seats.
Its not that!!! tell me who plays in RL, Vodafone and MCA in the first day!!!!
Tell me they deserve it more. Thw question of putting a player on a bigger arena is matter of who has more followers. I bet everybody knows that Lindsay has such a big crowd support in AO.

One more important thing!!! The court security issue. Court security is far more better and more safer on those bigger arenas which I think should be given to a bigger star which is more prone to stalkers or shall I say like a Seles stabbing incident.

Comfort, Players you know who will be in the later rounds should be accustomed to a bigger crowd. Noises, cheering!!! Then suddenly they will put Lindsay on RL facing a player who has been on RL all her matches.

QUEENLINDSAY
Jan 23rd, 2004, 08:50 PM
Look, every country does it... The French put the French players in the big courts, and US put the US players in the big courts, etc. I'm sure Linsday does have a certain crowd support, but not to the point that she MUST play on RL or Vodafone. They gave the priority to the top 4 and Australian players, I really don't see the big deal.

About the court security... Who would harm Davenport and for what reason? Seles was stabbed because she was totally dominating the tour. Hardly the case for Davenport right now.

Wait, about the noises and crowd... It's not like there are no noises or no crowd on court 2 or 3... So your last point makes no sense.
You are the one who is not making any sense here.

You dont have to be a dominant player to be stalk and be subjected to fans harrasments. Being popular is what matter here. Kournikova is always placed on major center court wherever she go not because she is dominating because she is the most popular player on tour and could be a subject to stalking. I'm not saying that Lindsay is that popular because she is a silent Grandlam Champion. But I think 39 titles, 6 GS in singles and doubles , a former champion and still consider contender could made her for that supertar status.

Lindsay was not a british, but I think they put her on bigger arenas at wimbledon last year.

And lastly, you obiously dont get the point of being accostomed to atmosphere of playing in a bigger arena. We both dont know but at least I have an idea of how overwhelming it is to play on biggest court in that tournament with a 10,000 or more spectators compared to 300 to 500 seats.

LindsayRulez
Jan 23rd, 2004, 09:03 PM
So do you think that the Aussies deserve a position on a bigger court OVER someone like Lindsay? I think that they should both be able to play on the big court, but choosing no-name Australians over the only former champion in the draw is ridiculous.

Darop.
Jan 23rd, 2004, 09:06 PM
Proabably cuz they wanna see their faves on tv :rolleyes:

Mattographer
Jan 24th, 2004, 02:04 AM
You guys obviously biased on your fave player, Lindsay Davenport so, shut the fuck up! :rolleyes: