PDA

View Full Version : Juniors

rusty_red_head
Jan 23rd, 2004, 01:47 PM
I don't know much about these juniors and I was just wondering what everyone throught of them, or if they'd seen them, what they'r like and if they have a future!

1. Lara Picone
2. Jessica Engels
3. Bojana Bobusic
4. Natalie Tanevska
5. Holly Cao
6. Anna-marie Atelj

ozfan44
Jan 23rd, 2004, 04:52 PM
Well Bojana Bobusic Is A Fellow West Aussie So I Know Her And Have Seen Her Play A Fair Bit Recently. Shes A Pretty Solid Player Who Likes To Hit From The Back Of The Court But Is Also An Ok Volleyer Not Her Strength Though. Her Serve Is Pretty Good For Juniors But Needs Work Over This Year To Become More Attacking And More Of A Weapon Especially Second Serve. Is Aussie No 2 Junior And Hoping To Do Well At Oz Juniors This Week Will Commence Playing Itf Satelites In Australia On The Grass In The 10k Events Coming Up And Is A Very Hard Worker So Im Hopefull She Can Produce Some Good Results Over The Next Couple Of Years. Although Not As Good As Dellacqua She Should Do Ok 4 Herslef If She Keeps Her Training Up. Bojana Has Already Beaten Van Den Hurk And Sewell Also Siobhan Drake Brockman Former Wta Player And Marinella Antonic In Perth Events And Pennants.

SM
Jan 23rd, 2004, 08:41 PM
1. Lara Picone - Left hander with 2 handed bh. Hits the ball too flat but keeps depth.
2. Jessica Engels - Plays like a typical clay courter. Single handed heavy spun bh is her forte and its a great shot for her as she can really push players all over the court with it, and also slices it great.
3. Bojana Bobusic - attacking style but shes still quite a small girl. didnt see much..
4. Natalie Tanevska - tries to play like Hewitt-style. Shes extremely fast and extremely consistent. Two handed baseline basher describes her. Her work ethic is second to none!!! Needs to be more aggressive and get stronger but has the talent.
5. Holly Cao - dunno
6. Anna-marie Atelj - dunno

Rising Sun
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:17 PM
I've been very impressed with Holly Cao's results so far.

She doesn't play in many events, but when she does, she usually does very well.

She won a tourney last year in Europe on clay, beating opponents who've played on clay all their life. I think that deserves a mention. :)

I hope she plays more this year.

Rising Sun
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:22 PM
I nearly forgot, Holly took a set off Kirsten Flipkens last year when she was still 13. :eek:

~|Naomi|~
Jan 25th, 2004, 04:27 AM
I nearly forgot, Holly took a set off Kirsten Flipkens last year when she was still 13. :eek:

Where was that at?:)