PDA

View Full Version : Alyona @ Aus Open

Sharapova's_Boy
Jan 23rd, 2004, 09:13 AM
Well... another 1st round loss at the Open. WTF it with her and performing badly here? She had a great draw, a great chance to at least reach the Quarters, and yet she loses 1st round.

She matches under her belt, playing Sydney and Hong Kong, and was playing quite good in Sydney.

I also heard the stats from the match with Jankovic wern't that pretty, and now she's speculating whether or not to return to Australia again.

Overall a very dissapointing performance from Alyona, she and Lina also lost in the second round of the Womens doubles to Gagliardi/Vinci in straight sets. :rolleyes:

Sharapova's_Boy
Jan 23rd, 2004, 09:15 AM
Oh, and she's playing Mixed doubles :eek: With Sargis Sargsian.

Hopefully she can get a few wins here and put some smiles on her fans faces ;)

Iker1
Jan 23rd, 2004, 10:33 AM
Go,Lena!U can do better and better next time!

LuckyStrike
Jan 23rd, 2004, 03:32 PM
do you know that lena doesn`t like this alyona nickname. who invented this bullshit? but, anyway i just want to tell you that she sometimes takes a look at this forum. best wishes, and thank you for supporting her.

Sharapova's_Boy
Jan 25th, 2004, 02:48 AM
Anywho ;) I watched her mixed doubles match yesterday with Sarge, and they played great. Elena was hitting the ball cleanly, and her serve was also better from the last time I saw her (Sydney '04 QF).

The match was played in great spirits, with all four players laughing and joking around. Then after the match I went to get her autograph, and this moron said (after he had gotten her autograph) ''can I have your number as well?''. Well Elena just gave him a foul look and walked off and refused to sign anymore autographs :sad: :sad:

moo_ont
Jan 25th, 2004, 05:26 AM
Thanks for the report Kimmie's_Boy :) . It's indeed good that Elena won even in the mixed doubles cuz she will get her confidence back somehow. I hope she keeps improving her serve, so that it will pay her off in next tournaments.

BTW, that guy was a bit rude to Elena :o . He might be joking, but I don't think so. He got Elena's autograph, but he made others not get it. Shame on him :fiery: .