PDA

View Full Version : Question about Anne Kremer's ranking....

Jakeev
Jan 23rd, 2004, 08:47 AM
Anne Kremer is back and in her first tournament since her injury layoff and she is in the quarterfinals of a 10k event in France.

My question is, why did she get direct entry into the tournament but was not seeded? I know she is unranked but shouldn't she have been given a seed?

I am assuming she got direct entry in France because of some sort of exemption due to her absence because of her injury, (I did not see the wc next to her name so she is not exactly a wildcard either right?) but I am trying to understand why.

I appreciate the input!!

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 23rd, 2004, 09:04 AM
Anne Kremer is back and in her first tournament since her injury layoff and she is in the quarterfinals of a 10k event in France.

My question is, why did she get direct entry into the tournament but was not seeded? I know she is unranked but shouldn't she have been given a seed?

I am assuming she got direct entry in France because of some sort of exemption due to her absence because of her injury, (I did not see the wc next to her name so she is not exactly a wildcard either right?) but I am trying to understand why.

I appreciate the input!!
She got direct entry cos at the time she still had a ranking.
Now Anne is no longer on the WTA ranks due to not enough tourns played.

Peetz
Jan 23rd, 2004, 12:19 PM
She got direct entry cos at the time she still had a ranking.
Now Anne is no longer on the WTA ranks due to not enough tourns played.

So you mean she committed to it when she was still having a ranking?But on the committment list her ranking was #401!the last ranking she had was something around #340 or am I wrong?

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 23rd, 2004, 01:01 PM
entries for Grenoble closed Dec 29, her rank that week was 401.

Jakeev
Jan 23rd, 2004, 08:33 PM
entries for Grenoble closed Dec 29, her rank that week was 401.
How bout for the future then, will she have to qualify for these 10k tournaments if she is continuing to practice in them or will she get some wildcards in to higer Tier events?

Thanks Boiled for the input.............:kiss: