PDA

View Full Version : Question About Rebound Ace

kosmikgroove
Jan 23rd, 2004, 06:48 AM
I've never played on it, so I'm not too sure I understand how so many injuries come out of this surface in particular. It's just mind boggling how year after year players become so quickly injured on it.

could someone please fill me in as to why it causes so much problems?

xr6turbo
Jan 23rd, 2004, 06:52 AM
It's just because when it heats up it gets a bit sticky, thus when players try to change direction really quickly thier shoes stick and then they go over on thier ankles.

kosmikgroove
Jan 23rd, 2004, 06:55 AM
wow, knowing that - good thing they put that surface in australia, coz it's sooooooo cold there all the time... brilliant. absolute brilliance.

xr6turbo
Jan 23rd, 2004, 06:56 AM
wow, knowing that - good thing they put that surface in australia, coz it's sooooooo cold there all the time... brilliant. absolute brilliance.

:lol: Yeah I know.

Vincent
Jan 23rd, 2004, 07:02 AM
I hate injuries.

Fantastic
Jan 23rd, 2004, 01:24 PM
The court surface isn't that bad. It's not as sticky as a melting birthday cake or something. Players are informed to wear well-worn shoes to play rather than new shoes with the ripples still in perfect condition. It also helps if the player has good footwork and bounces on their toes rather than relying on sliding to the next ball like one would do on a clay court.

SpikeyAidanm
Jan 23rd, 2004, 01:29 PM
I got a arm injury for playing on it for like 4 consecutive days :o :p

Fantastic
Jan 23rd, 2004, 01:36 PM
I got a arm injury for playing on it for like 4 consecutive days :o :p

Well, yes, doing Boris Becker-style dive volleys can do that to a person. ;) :p