PDA

View Full Version : Did Davenport use the f word?

tennisIlove09
Jan 23rd, 2004, 07:31 AM
Serving for the match? Did she say "Where's your f*cking serve?" :eek: :eek: :eek:

It just baffles me how Lindsay can be up 6-4 5-0 and STILL get negative on herself. I guess that's what being a perfectionist is though

azza
Jan 23rd, 2004, 07:34 AM
fucked if i know :p

Trent
Jan 23rd, 2004, 07:39 AM
fucked if i know :p

lol!

I remember Agassi muttered something under his breath recently during a match and a linesman reported him resulting in a warning.

Yet whenever I watch a Hewitt match, he swears like he's never won a match before and I hardly ever remember him getting a warning :p

gossipcom
Jan 23rd, 2004, 07:56 AM
Lol so true azza - he was lucky not to get fine last year when he said that to a spectator <g>

ETA: Okay which country was this match shown in? Because it seems that everywhere but Australia are getting Lindsay's matches <g>

Vincent
Jan 23rd, 2004, 08:04 AM
The f-word coming out from Lindsay's mouth would just become a classy word. :ras:

Vincent
Jan 23rd, 2004, 08:05 AM
Why does Agassi always get warning?

gossipcom
Jan 23rd, 2004, 08:13 AM
http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20040123/i/r3924729738.jpg

Do you reckon this could have been an occasion where she could have used the f word? ;)

Foot_Fault
Jan 23rd, 2004, 08:28 AM
It wouldn't be the first nor last time...Lindz curses all the time, just apart of her game and her own lil motivating tool.

Trent
Jan 23rd, 2004, 08:30 AM
Why does Agassi always get warning?

Because there's an idiot lineman floating around.

Todd Woodbridge was also warned at Wimbledon a few years back.

Greenout
Jan 23rd, 2004, 09:02 AM
:cool:

What? It wasn't just me? I thought I heard things. :haha: :haha:

Watched the entire match, and sounded like she said alot of
things like "Shit", "oh Fu*k" to herself during the "almost"
bagel in the first set.

Yeah, sure was full of gems today. When finally holding her
serve in a set she said "Oh wow. My serve went in".

:haha:

tennisIlove09
Jan 23rd, 2004, 09:02 AM
the reason I ask, is because last Serena was was fined in the Loit match

Greenout
Jan 23rd, 2004, 09:05 AM
Oh. Congrats Lindsay for a fu*king job well done. fu*ck yeah!! ;)

gossipcom
Jan 23rd, 2004, 09:57 AM
lmao Greenout :)

Scorch
Jan 23rd, 2004, 10:11 AM
It is clearly a conspiracy

Lindsayfan
Jan 23rd, 2004, 11:43 AM
she swears a lot :p

Greenout
Jan 23rd, 2004, 11:44 AM
Lindsay is suffering with a bout of "Tourette's" syndrome this week. ;)

Kelly
Jan 23rd, 2004, 11:49 AM
lindsays verble abuse was aimed at herself whereas the serena/loit incedent serena aimed it at her openant..( fu*k you) and i dont tink she got fined for it....im not condoning swearing on court...but i love it when lindsay does it cos i find it hilarius that some one who is portrayed as a nicey nice person talks shit...lol...go lindsay!!

dreamgoddess099
Jan 23rd, 2004, 12:04 PM
lindsays verble abuse was aimed at herself whereas the serena/loit incedent serena aimed it at her openant..( fu*k you)Actually it was "you fu*cking bitch" and Serena wasn't looking at Loit when she said it. Doesn't mean she didn't say it to Loit, but it really is not a matter of fact. It's more like a matter of interpretation.
and i dont tink she got fined for it....
Serena was fined $2,500. The chair umpire didn't hear it, but the linesperson went to the chair ump and told him. So appearantly, linespersons can report things too. Funny how they seem to see only what they want to see.

DA FOREHAND
Jan 23rd, 2004, 03:34 PM
Yet Capriati speaking directly to the chair can get away w/saying

"Then call the fucking referee!"

Heavy_Hitter
Jan 23rd, 2004, 03:56 PM
I may have been able to know if TSN decided to get up off their lazy asses and play more matches than Justine Henin-Hardenne, Andre Agassi and Andy Roddick. I've got nothing against them but come-on, we want to see other people too.

It doesn't matter to me if she said it, as long as she's winning.

CapFan#1
Jan 23rd, 2004, 04:14 PM
Every Single Player On The Tour Swears!!!! Big Fucking Deal!! I Think It Is Hilarious. Tennis Is Played On A Court, Not In Church!

LindsayRulez
Jan 23rd, 2004, 04:21 PM
She sure did, I remember "oh my god, my fucking serve!!" Lindsay swears on a regular basis, the microphone just usually doesn't catch it as well. I think it's hilarious every time I hear it, and I think it's good for the players to let it out.

Lindsay has had a bad attitude this week and she plays Vera Zvonareva next, who is known for her outburts. This should be a loud match, to say the least.

tia clara
Jan 23rd, 2004, 05:30 PM
Is Lindsay actually playing in the AO? and Mauresmo? and Rubin?
You sure wouldn't know it from the ESPN coverage, all I've seen has been Agassi, Roddick, and Henin-Hardenne. If it wasn't for the newspapers and the Internet, I wouldn't know there were any other players at all.
Thanks for the report, I wish I had seen (and heard) her. She's smart; if you're going to swear, do it softly, under your breath, so the linesmen can't be sure what they heard. Then you're okay unless the linesmen are all lipreaders.

Andrew.
Jan 23rd, 2004, 07:38 PM
Lindsat can get nasty. It's kind of funny when she does. I'm ready to see a fist fight between Vera and Lindsay come tomorrow's match!

jenny161185
Jan 23rd, 2004, 09:23 PM
capriati should get away with it she has the balls to say it ! Thtas what womens tennis needs more drama so keep the cursing going ladies!

Ryan
Jan 23rd, 2004, 09:36 PM
I've never seen a Lindsay match where she doesn't swear, but it's completely towards herself and she's such a perfectionist she can get angry up 5-0. Also, I think Serena said "you fucking bitch" not with her head down, or facing the side? So it probably was easier to see on tv, and maybe Lindsay only whispers it whereas maybe Serena said it loud enough for a linesman to hear?

I have no idea why Jennifer isn't fined for her on-court swearfests and Serena is.

bis2806
Jan 24th, 2004, 05:34 AM
sometimes it's funny to watch LD swear at herself :lol: like what i've noticed, she talks to herself a lot even if she makes a tiny mistake... oh well go lindsay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leo_DFP
Jan 24th, 2004, 05:56 AM
Doesn't baffle me. Lindsay is a perfectionist. And, yes, she curses quite openly and loudly on the court. ;)

alexacto
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:12 AM
It would be awesome if the mikes get tuned in so that we hear them players go at it verbally. Some of the stuff they say is hillarious. Like, " sure, give her a short one and let her smack your ass around" - one player muttered, I thought it was quite a blast hearing this.

Looks like Lindsay may actually win this one, whaddaya think? Cussing all the way to the title!

bw2082
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:16 AM
When does she not use the F word in a match? :D

AgassiGirl16
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:42 AM
Lindsay cracks me up. I do the same thing, even if I'm up by that much.

Hey-everyone with Tourette's Syndrome doesn't curse you know.

Midnite Surfer
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:12 AM
Yeah I thought for sure she would get an "audible obscenity" warning. After all I heard her all the way in America.

Greenout
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:16 AM
LD doesn't have to swear anymore, she's finally playing on center court
on Sunday.

:haha:

faboozadoo15
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:17 AM
i've seen just about every player swear, honestly. even monica swears more than her share... always "f*ing racquet, forehand, serve, footwork." but then it's over and directed at herself under her breath. monica getting fined would be pretty shocking... :eek: saint monica?

anyway, im glad serena was fined as that was completely audible and extremely inappropriate. that's much more warranted than rusedski's "bloody wanker" no pun intended.

Trent
Jan 26th, 2004, 11:10 AM
She mouthed off a bit in her doubles match on MCA on Saturday too :p

Nan Cu
Jan 26th, 2004, 09:00 PM
LIndsay uses foul language all the time. She has admitted such. I've heard it, but can't remember when.

She even complains when her opponents hit winners. "Everyone hits inside out"

AgassiGirl16
Jan 26th, 2004, 09:14 PM
Haha..what was she saying during doubles?

johnboy4
Jan 26th, 2004, 10:23 PM
myskina said the f word to her coach during her match

Lindsay A Davenport
Jan 26th, 2004, 11:31 PM
I can be very nasty. Don't piss me off on court or I might have to go bitch at you.