PDA

View Full Version : JUSTINE has become much more affable on tv.

treufreund
Jan 23rd, 2004, 05:33 AM
Just wanted to say that I have always loved Juju's game and intensity on the court but I think that her great success and her happy marriage have not made her arrogant at all like some number ones in the past. She seems much more approachable with the other players, just gave a great interview with Chris Fowler and Pam Shriver on ESPN in which she cracked jokes about her match with Cappy being showed during the rain next year at the US OPEN. :angel: and she handled Brad Gilbert's assholish comments very gracefully.

Also thumbs up to Mary Carillo, Pam, Patrick and Chris Fowler for putting BRAD PRICKBERT in his place. :devil:

MisterQ
Jan 23rd, 2004, 05:35 AM
I thought Justine was very pleasant and relaxed in that interview just now. Sometimes in the past she seemed uncomfortable. Nice to see her adjusting well to No. 1 status and being in the spotlight.

moby
Jan 23rd, 2004, 05:36 AM
oops... one less thing for her haters to pick on... ;)

treufreund
Jan 23rd, 2004, 05:37 AM
Yes i really thank that she is growing and starting to overcome the many deep wounds or her childhood. I know her haters hate to hear about but she really did have a very hard childhood losing her mother early and being pressured by her father.

deej_01
Jan 23rd, 2004, 05:38 AM
Although I'm not a fan of Justine, I do think she handled the interview very well.

skanky~skanketta
Jan 23rd, 2004, 05:40 AM
is there a transcript.

Greenout
Jan 23rd, 2004, 05:47 AM
Oh. What she say about Brad Gilbert?

Siyasema
Jan 23rd, 2004, 05:51 AM
but I think that her great success and her happy marriage have not made her arrogant at all like some number ones in the past.
I'm at a loss at who these arrogant past #1's could be.

Frankly could you have made your argument, if it were strong enough, stand by itself? Bashing other players to praise Justine seems odd. Is her lack of arrogance solely reliant on others being what she's not?

And if Justine's past can be taken into account for her attitude, etc., on the court, then it might as well be used as a universal standard for all players to excuse their initial phases of "arrogance".

kosmikgroove
Jan 23rd, 2004, 06:01 AM
Oh. What she say about Brad Gilbert?

she was very professional about it. she simply said that she doesn't take what he said too seriously. more importantly she even said that she understands that there's differences between the two gender's game and it's hard to compare the two. wow what a big girl :)

sorry for this sidetrack comment, but do you think brad gilbert dislikes justine because her performance at the US Open seemed to eclipse (in my opinion) Andy Roddick's first grand slam? i really despise that man... the nerve of him. Brad was being interviewed a few days ago by Chris and towards the end Brad was punching jokes at Chris about how he wears makeup....HELLO THE MAN'S ON TV, of course he's wearing make up.

i'm sorry but if you want to punch fun of someone, don't do it when you're a GUEST on someone's program.

cynicole
Jan 23rd, 2004, 06:04 AM
sorry for this sidetrack comment, but do you think brad gilbert dislikes justine because her performance at the US Open seemed to eclipse (in my opinion) Andy Roddick's first grand slam?Nah. He's pretty rude to anyone who isn't American, a man, or coached by him.

He thinks he's being funny but he's just coming off as a "Grade A Asshole"

Allez-H
Jan 23rd, 2004, 06:42 AM
What did she actually say?I would love to know that.But it's pretty obvious that she's staying with her both feet on the ground and can crack a joke once and a while in her interviews.Actually it's nothing new to me,she does it all the time when gives an interview in French.But it has been quite difficult for her to do the same in English,but I'm glad that she does it now.
Seems like that comment made by Brad Gilbert made quite some noise in Australia.Jus for the info:Justine's hittingpartner in Australia is a guy called Anthony John (Martina H's former hittingpartner) or something like that.And they say that he's top-500 material but he stopped so he could study and he said in an interview that he can beat her once and a while.Which means sometimes Justine beats him.So there goes his theory about Justine being blown away by the 1000th man of the world.Anywayz:about Brad hating Justine,I don't know Roddick actually thanked Justine for inspiring him to come back in his semi against Nalbandian.He said that he was thinking about her semi against Jen when he was down and it gave him strength to come back in his semi.So I don't really know what to think.

treufreund
Jan 23rd, 2004, 06:47 AM
Andy does like Justine for sure. Also Justine showed up at the finals of the US OPEN to watch Andy win. :)

Brad is the real problem. :(

kiekeboe
Jan 23rd, 2004, 06:51 AM
Is there a transcript?

Crazy Canuck
Jan 23rd, 2004, 07:27 AM
Also thumbs up to Mary Carillo, Pam, Patrick and Chris Fowler for putting BRAD PRICKBERT in his place.

I just about rolled off the couch when they refered to the "silly things" that "he sometimes says" that they "don't always agree with" ;)

Hagar
Jan 23rd, 2004, 07:52 AM
I don't like her. I think she's way too uptight. I'm pretty sure she's dominating all the people around her. And her marriage? I don't see it last. Just my impression.

SerialKiller#69
Jan 23rd, 2004, 07:57 AM
:) Good job Justine. I agree with treufreund, just like Kim, she's also approachable to other players. A lot of players in the US Open came up to her to congratulate her for her win over Serena and Kim in the French Open. These Belgians girls sure are very well liked by their peers.

Greenout
Jan 23rd, 2004, 07:58 AM
I don't like her. I think she's way too uptight. I'm pretty sure she's dominating all the people around her. And her marriage? I don't see it last. Just my impression.

You don't happen to be a Kim fan by any chance?

:p

Hagar
Jan 23rd, 2004, 08:00 AM
You don't happen to be a Kim fan by any chance?

:p
I am a Kim fan, yes, but not only a Kim fan. I used to like both Kim and Justine and I still like Justine's game a lot. But over time I have really come to dislike her character. It doesn't make me skip her matches though because, as I said, I love her tennis.

Allez-H
Jan 23rd, 2004, 08:02 AM
That's indeed just your impression :rolleyes:
Justine and all the people arround her seem to be very happy,and I guess some people don't like the fact that she's finally found her happiness.

Greenout
Jan 23rd, 2004, 08:07 AM
I am a Kim fan, yes, but not only a Kim fan. I used to like both Kim and Justine and I still like Justine's game a lot. But over time I have really come to dislike her character. It doesn't make me skip her matches though because, as I said, I love her tennis.

This is really interesting because most of us don't know what
goes on in Belgium on tv or in newspapers. What exactly did
she do to turn you so off her personality? Just curious.

Siyasema
Jan 23rd, 2004, 08:09 AM
:) Good job Justine. I agree with treufreund, just like Kim, she's also approachable to other players. A lot of players in the US Open came up to her to congratulate her for her win over Serena and Kim in the French Open. These Belgians girls sure are very well liked by their peers.Kim is well liked by her peers. And I'm not sure what Justine should be proud about in jealous players congratulating her win over Serena at the French considering the way she handled herself with gamesmanship. I guess a win is a win. Kim is well liked - she's actually classy and shows it. Tales about her past and family don't need to be told over and over again to make her look better or more "affable"... Kim just is on and off the court. That's about the only fact so far.

malaye
Jan 23rd, 2004, 08:15 AM
Andy does like Justine for sure. Also Justine showed up at the finals of the US OPEN to watch Andy win. :)

Brad is the real problem. :(Really ? I thought Justine supported Juan Carlos.

per4ever
Jan 23rd, 2004, 08:22 AM
too me, it's the opposite :o. If I can, I'll watch Kim's matches, because she's a great player. But I don't like her character at all ;)

it's just a personal taste I guess..everyone likes other personalities :)

Greenout
Jan 23rd, 2004, 09:16 AM
We also have to say that it works in reverse too. After winning
2 grands slams and becoming the new #1, TV has become
affable to Justine. ;)

Crazy Canuck
Jan 23rd, 2004, 09:25 AM
It's pretty miserable to look for the endings of marriages between people you know nothing about.

Oh well. :p

Hagar
Jan 23rd, 2004, 11:04 AM
This is really interesting because most of us don't know what
goes on in Belgium on tv or in newspapers. What exactly did
she do to turn you so off her personality? Just curious.
It has nothing to do with the media. It's just that I have read more about her and heard her more often talk. As I said, for me she is way too uptight. She wants it all SOOOOO hard. I tend to like people who are relaxed about things. So what better fave than Kim?

minboy
Jan 23rd, 2004, 12:30 PM
She wants it all SOOOOO hard.
THat's what is called "being a champion". Remember EDdy Merckx was called "the cannibal", for example

Fingon
Jan 23rd, 2004, 02:21 PM
similar to me but the opposite way, when I was starting to like Kim San Diego came along and saw her true face, only confirmed later.

And I do skip her matches (Kim's)

ans
Jan 23rd, 2004, 02:26 PM
let's not make an ordinary "justine versus kim" fight of this thread.

rottweily
Jan 23rd, 2004, 02:32 PM
It has nothing to do with the media. It's just that I have read more about her and heard her more often talk. As I said, for me she is way too uptight. She wants it all SOOOOO hard. I tend to like people who are relaxed about things. So what better fave than Kim?
Relaxing = Losing

Hulet
Jan 23rd, 2004, 02:36 PM
...have not made her arrogant at all....
:lol:

Astro Jetson
Jan 23rd, 2004, 02:36 PM
And her marriage? I don't see it last. Just my impression.

Wishful thinking? :rolleyes:

ans
Jan 23rd, 2004, 02:37 PM
Relaxing = Losing
Thanx:wavey:

crewman31
Jan 23rd, 2004, 02:38 PM
whatever her time at number one is numbered, she has not played anyone yet so we shall see.

fleemke³
Jan 23rd, 2004, 02:54 PM
Nice to hear Justine made a good appearance on TV :)

Experimentee
Jan 23rd, 2004, 03:14 PM
She seems a bit arrogant to me, not very nice with her fans. A couple of times this week I saw a few fans waiting for autographs after practice and she ignored most of them even though she didnt have a match that day. I think she is taking her fame for granted. Other players like the Williams sisters and Kim are so nice to their fans every time.

fleemke³
Jan 23rd, 2004, 03:23 PM
Experimentee if I look to your favo's ... well I had those experiences with Dinara, Chanda, Alexandra and Kim ... os maybe it's human you got a bad day someday? :rolleyes:

Allez-H
Jan 23rd, 2004, 03:38 PM
She seems a bit arrogant to me, not very nice with her fans. A couple of times this week I saw a few fans waiting for autographs after practice and she ignored most of them even though she didnt have a match that day. I think she is taking her fame for granted. Other players like the Williams sisters and Kim are so nice to their fans every time.
:rolleyes: at the comment about Justine not making time to give autographs.I'm still wondering about the fact that every single year I have seen Justine giving autographs and answering questions at the Fanfest in Australia and I've never seen the Williamssisters there.Can anyone prove me wrong?

Allez-H
Jan 23rd, 2004, 03:41 PM
THat's what is called "being a champion". Remember EDdy Merckx was called "the cannibal", for example
:worship: The cannibal :worship:
He wanted all,he got it all and he's one of the most respected/loved persons in Belgium.Eventhough he won pretty much everything,he still stay amazingly humble.Hats off to that :hatoff:

selesfan
Jan 23rd, 2004, 03:44 PM
I'm at a loss at who these arrogant past #1's could be.

Frankly could you have made your argument, if it were strong enough, stand by itself? Bashing other players to praise Justine seems odd. Is her lack of arrogance solely reliant on others being what she's not?

And if Justine's past can be taken into account for her attitude, etc., on the court, then it might as well be used as a universal standard for all players to excuse their initial phases of "arrogance".
I think he is referring to Martina Hingis as the other arrogant #1's . ;)

Hagar
Jan 23rd, 2004, 03:48 PM
similar to me but the opposite way, when I was starting to like Kim San Diego came along and saw her true face, only confirmed later.

And I do skip her matches (Kim's)
To skip the matches of someone whose personality you don't like? How old are you? Jezus, it's the TENNIS that matters. If I would not know better, I would think you are just another teenager on this board.
I mean, you give a negative rep to me because I say out loud that I don't believe in Justine's marriage. I'm not Delphi's Oracle, I just give my impression. And that is LOW in your opinion?
Bear in mind, that I was not among the ones that accused Justine of unsporty behaviour.

harloo
Jan 23rd, 2004, 05:10 PM
Justine not arrogant? LOL You have got to be kidding. :lol: :lol:

minboy
Jan 23rd, 2004, 05:39 PM
To skip the matches of someone whose personality you don't like? How old are you? Jezus, it's the TENNIS that matters. If I would not know better, I would think you are just another teenager on this board. Looks like someone is contradicting him/herself :lol: :lol: I thought your fav was kim because of her personnality ( she's sooooo nice:rolleyes: :lol: :lol: )

I mean, you give a negative rep to me because I say out loud that I don't believe in Justine's marriage. I'm not Delphi's Oracle, I just give my impression. And that is LOW in your opinion?
Bear in mind, that I was not among the ones that accused Justine of unsporty behaviour.
THis was a nice little thread until YOU came along, so don't play the victim please.

Fingon
Jan 23rd, 2004, 05:46 PM
To skip the matches of someone whose personality you don't like? How old are you? Jezus, it's the TENNIS that matters. If I would not know better, I would think you are just another teenager on this board.
how are YOU? where did I say I skip her matches because I don't like her personality? huh?

I skip her matches because I find her boring, period.

Also, I don't like her personality, period

I was starting to like HER, not her tennis, some of the most terrible matches I've seen have had Kim on one side, that has nothing to do with her personality.

before trying to be a smartass, learn to read and don't put words in my mouth

I gave you bad rep because you brought a matter that has nothing to do with the point, what the hell does Justine's marriage have to do with anything?,

You said you don't like her, fine, then you also think her marriage will no last, it did sound like you were rejoicing to the idea, it's like someone starts a thread prasing Kim for her win and I said that I think her romance with Lleyton will no last, I don't give opinion on what I don't know, especially not to show how bad a person is.

Also, do you have problems understanding? why do you mention you didn't accuse her of bad sportmanship? who the hell said you did?, or are you telling me you are all good because you didn't. It's like someone who shots someone else and then says, or but I didn't kick his butt, then it's fine. :rolleyes:

Dawn Marie
Jan 23rd, 2004, 06:02 PM
Treu, I thought you adored Martina Hingis? Why are you talking about her when she was a cocky #1?

Anyway, I like Justine's game, but I will never forget her cheating during the French Open. As far as Kim, I find her personality boring as hell, and she wants everyone to like her. I haven't liked her since she took up for her dumbass husband to be during his James Blake comments!

In short, Justine is a cheater and I find Kim boring but I will always watch their tennis. Especially Justine's cause she has a great game and I like tennis first before I dislike them.

pigam
Jan 23rd, 2004, 06:03 PM
Well, I think it's low too, but I aint going to bad rep you, cuz what's the point anyway :rolleyes:
This is what you posted in a positive Kim-thread:
OK, some Justinefans are spoiling this thread. Are we surprised?
Should be say A Kim fan is spoiling this thread. Are we surprised?
Talking about being a hypocrite :tape:
Who are you to talk negative about her personal life?
Your posts are often really sour. Quite frankly, I didn't expect any less of you :wavey:

Renee
Jan 23rd, 2004, 06:04 PM
I think he is referring to Martina Hingis as the other arrogant #1's . ;)

:D :p

Hagar
Jan 23rd, 2004, 08:22 PM
Looks like someone is contradicting him/herself :lol: :lol: I thought your fav was kim because of her personnality ( she's sooooo nice:rolleyes: :lol: :lol: )

THis was a nice little thread until YOU came along, so don't play the victim please.
Stop that stupid giggling. It is true that I like Kim's personality but IN THE FIRST PLACE, I love her clean, powerful game.

harloo
Jan 23rd, 2004, 08:30 PM
People say Kim is boring and all, but what does H-H have to offer that's interesting? :rolleyes:

Greenout
Jan 23rd, 2004, 10:42 PM
People say Kim is boring and all, but what does H-H have to offer that's interesting? :rolleyes:

Well...for one she has one of world's most amazing soaring 1-handed
backhand ever in the history of open era. I put Sabatini as #1 and
NNR-DEN at #2. So, does Carlos R, as he paid homage/respect to
the 1-hander that he fell in love with with back in Argentina, and
tries to encourage to NNR-DEN.

Her on courts shots are thrilling to watch- the speed, style, grace
and execution of is electric. The camera's don't lie- the on court
pics are never the same. There's always something interesting
going on.

You either like the Euro's or you don't.! I like JH-H because she's
is very Belgian. Love the French speaker,w/out the pretensions or
snoot of a French national,part of her. She's not American,
and not easy to pin down.

Like a Thierry Henry who is shy, quiet, and rather unassuming off
the pitch, Justine transforms into animal on the court that
is part lion, part shark, and with only 2 things in mind and that's to
show everyone who's the best in the greatest, and winning.

Looks great on court. She's looks very cool and intelligent.
Not dumb looking or really goofy, fat or ugly.

harloo
Jan 23rd, 2004, 11:30 PM
Well...for one she has one of world's most amazing soaring 1-handed
backhand ever in the history of open era. I put Sabatini as #1 and
NNR-DEN at #2. So, does Carlos R, as he paid homage/respect to
the 1-hander that he fell in love with with back in Argentina, and
tries to encourage to NNR-DEN.

Her on courts shots are thrilling to watch- the speed, style, grace
and execution of is electric. The camera's don't lie- the on court
pics are never the same. There's always something interesting
going on.

You either like the Euro's or you don't.! I like JH-H because she's
is very Belgian. Love the French speaker,w/out the pretensions or
snoot of a French national,part of her. She's not American,
and not easy to pin down.

Like a Thierry Henry who is shy, quiet, and rather unassuming off
the pitch, Justine transforms into animal on the court that
is part lion, part shark, and with only 2 things in mind and that's to
show everyone who's the best in the greatest, and winning.

Looks great on court. She's looks very cool and intelligent.
Not dumb looking or really goofy, fat or ugly.
I'm talking about personality wise.

Not dumb looking or really goofy, fat or ugly, VERY BELGIAN, and has a nice one handed backhand. That's what you call interesting? OK. Personally, I think she is a bit boring but you have a right to your opinion.

However to say she is so much more interesting than Kim is laughable. JMO again.;)

esquímaux
Jan 23rd, 2004, 11:40 PM
affable isn't the word i'd use :lol: