PDA

View Full Version : The Aussie bashing at these boards is bordering on ridiculous at the moment!

Penne1
Jan 23rd, 2004, 03:44 AM
Please leave us poor Aussie's alone!

So the website went down - OMG that is like the first time ever a website has gone down in the history of the internet. Think just how many people are accessing that site every minute of play - it was bound to happen

So the scheduling sucks - blame the organisers and say "Organisers" instead of "Australians" - generalising is mean!! :kiss:

So the Aussie players are favoured - NEWSFLASH: the majority of people who attend the Australian Open are (shock horror) AUSTRALIANS and believe it or not we do prefer to watch our apparent "crap" players over other overseas competitors.

The picks at Australian are really unnecessary and you should all be thanking your lucky stars that you don't have to be here and watch Channel 7 who seem to have forgotten that women tennis players can also play night matches!!! :rolleyes:

GoDominique
Jan 23rd, 2004, 03:47 AM
The picks at Australian are really unnecessary and you should all be thanking your lucky stars that you don't have to be here and watch Channel 7 who seem to have forgotten that women tennis players can also play night matches!!! :rolleyes:

Isn't that AUSSIE BASHING ? :scratch:

azza
Jan 23rd, 2004, 03:47 AM
Bump :dance: :kiss: :worship:

faboozadoo15
Jan 23rd, 2004, 03:48 AM
umm, cry about it...

Penne1
Jan 23rd, 2004, 03:48 AM
Nope that's Channel 7 bashing - common hobbie in this country!

Penne1
Jan 23rd, 2004, 03:50 AM
It's funny how the only time people respond to me on these boards is when I shit stir.....I hate having to be an a*sehole to get any attention!

When I just post in regular tennis conversation threads I get ignored....

Trent
Jan 23rd, 2004, 03:50 AM

How is that channel 7's fault that women haven't been scheduled on night matches as much? :P

I've actually been impressed with channel 7's coverage, they're showing most of the aussies, but a real wide range of matches too :)

Penne1
Jan 23rd, 2004, 03:52 AM
You don't think Channel 7 have a hand in the scheduling each day.

I have been privy to how it works and the ITF, WTA, ATP Paul Mac and a channel 7 rep meet mid afternoon each day and work out the schedule - seems the WTA isn't doing a great job.

Channel Seven's coverage does favour the mens draw - but I suppose they are just playing the numbers

GoDominique
Jan 23rd, 2004, 03:52 AM
It's funny how the only time people respond to me on these boards is when I shit stir.....I hate having to be an a*sehole to get any attention!

When I just post in regular tennis conversation threads I get ignored....
:awww:

Penne1
Jan 23rd, 2004, 03:54 AM
At least you were sympathetic and didn't mock me...it's progress :)

Penne1
Jan 23rd, 2004, 03:55 AM
or were you mocking me :unsure:

LOL I should just shut up now! :banghead:

faboozadoo15
Jan 23rd, 2004, 03:55 AM
yea... thx for your 2 point negative rep... and then you wonder why ppl don't pay any positive attention to you... :rolleyes:
also, it's a little crazy to post here just to get attention. most people on here want to read what other people think/experience/know about tennis... it's a discussion board.

and also, i can clearly see a lot of united states bashing going on pretty regularly on these boards, but i don't start a thread to whine... so what there are 3 or so threads that say something negative about australia... that's nothing.

Trent
Jan 23rd, 2004, 03:56 AM

I have been privy to how it works and the ITF, WTA, ATP Paul Mac and a channel 7 rep meet mid afternoon each day and work out the schedule - seems the WTA isn't doing a great job.

Channel Seven's coverage does favour the mens draw - but I suppose they are just playing the numbers

Maybe that is because there's not many aussie women left in the draw, cause as you know, almost every night match thus far (if not all, I'll have to check) has involved an Australian, and Molik is the only Australian left.

faboozadoo15
Jan 23rd, 2004, 03:57 AM
or were you mocking me :unsure:

LOL I should just shut up now! :banghead:
and the lightbulb starts to get warm...

Penne1
Jan 23rd, 2004, 03:58 AM
yea... thx for your 2 point negative rep... and then you wonder why ppl don't pay any positive attention to you... :rolleyes:
also, it's a little crazy to post here just to get attention. most people on here want to read what other people think/experience/know about tennis... it's a discussion board.

and also, i can clearly see a lot of united states bashing going on pretty regularly on these boards, but i don't start a thread to whine... so what there are 3 or so threads that say something negative about australia... that's nothing.
Like I said - shit stirring is the only way to get Yanks to pull their heads out of their a*re!

SpikeyAidanm
Jan 23rd, 2004, 04:03 AM
Penne1 :bowdown: :yeah:

tennisIlove09
Jan 23rd, 2004, 05:09 AM
I have nothing against Aussies. But the fact is, this is a Grand Slam event. The fact that their web-site isn't working is just baffling me. It it was a Tier 3 or something, fine...but a Slam? Shouldn't happen.

It wouldn't be so bad if North America had ANYTHING but ESPN for coverage

c0bra
Jan 23rd, 2004, 05:14 AM
Please leave us poor Aussie's alone!

OMG!!! An Aussie with an inferiority complex? :eek:

switz
Jan 23rd, 2004, 05:36 AM
I have nothing against Aussies. But the fact is, this is a Grand Slam event. The fact that their web-site isn't working is just baffling me. It it was a Tier 3 or something, fine...but a Slam? Shouldn't happen.

It wouldn't be so bad if North America had ANYTHING but ESPN for coverage

the wta championships is billed as thhe biggest event outside grand slams and has massive amounts of money behind it and they didn't even have a scoreboard until halfway through the tournament and even then it was still crap.

the ibm scorebaord going down is not the australian open's fault. it is ibm's responsibility as it at every other grand slam.

even if it is their fault i really couldn't care less anyway because people who need to pay out an entire nation just because a scoreboard doesn't work for half an hour are obviously have issues and aren't the type of people i need to worry about.

i am starting to remember why i left this board though. all this petty arguing is just so childish.

Purple_Llama
Jan 23rd, 2004, 06:14 AM

Hmm I was wondering this same thing too recently.Maybe they don't like the womens matches running overtime & running into the mens coverage like Molik's did the other night.It sucks.
I think Channel 7 should just air the night matches from 7.30 PM onwards instead of playing cancelled US sitcoms,& give the women equal billing as the guys at night.Australian or not.

Trent
Jan 23rd, 2004, 06:24 AM
Hmm I was wondering this same thing too recently.Maybe they don't like the womens matches running overtime & running into the mens coverage like Molik's did the other night.It sucks.
I think Channel 7 should just air the night matches from 7.30 PM onwards instead of playing cancelled US sitcoms,& give the women equal billing as the guys at night.Australian or not.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/about/television.html

If you check out that, you'll see that all night match coverage starts from 7:30 for the rest of the tourney.

alexusjonesfan
Jan 23rd, 2004, 10:26 AM
People will bitch about anything. Don't take it personally. Overzealous fans + Grand Slam time = tons of bitching. ;)

Greenout
Jan 23rd, 2004, 10:29 AM
Bitching and grand slams go together like
the sun and the moon
bread and butter
idiotic comments by ex ATP pro's and sexism.

;)

Fantastic
Jan 23rd, 2004, 01:05 PM
There's just a lot of resentment going around. You just have to look at where some people are from to understand why they react the way they do. If the biggest complaint is the Australian Open website or the scheduling, then let those people have their bit if it'll make them happier. In Australia, we have it good. Not everyone does.

Just :) and :wavey:

Sonja
Jan 23rd, 2004, 01:50 PM
I remember a lot of fine Aussies feeding the rest of us scores during the Adidas! ;)

THANK GOD for 'em!