PDA

View Full Version : Justine HH - How do you rate her?

Penne1
Jan 23rd, 2004, 03:29 AM
She is a fantastic player but is she really the best player or just the player who best took advantage of certain circumstances last year?

Penne1
Jan 23rd, 2004, 03:33 AM
I am only posting this because I am sitting here listening to Kerryn Pratt extole her to the nth degree. She is an amazing player, the ultimate professional but I just don't rate her against the Williams sisters if they are injury free and playing their best.

Yes she came to the party when there was the opportunity and played fantastic tennis but I am currently being given the opinion that no one comes close in the womens game which we ALL know is bullshit!

grmbl
Jan 23rd, 2004, 03:34 AM
Serena!

VW#1
Jan 23rd, 2004, 04:36 AM
Week in and week out Henin Hardenne is not the best player in the world. The Williams sisters I think are better and even though I think Justine is a better player than Kim, I still think of the four henin Hardenne is more prone than any of them to lose to someone ranked 6-10. In saying that, she doesn't have to be the best player week in a week out in order to win slams, she has 2 already. As long as she stays fit, she can compete with any of them.

Bitter Blue Bong
Jan 23rd, 2004, 04:41 AM
Not to detract from her achievements or ranking, Justine is not the best player in the world. However, she has the skills and fitness to place her AMONG the best even if she's not THE best.

SerenaSlam
Jan 23rd, 2004, 04:43 AM
best player= when they step out on court, their best is the best. serena williams best right now when she is on court, is by far maybe 50% better than the rest of the tour. when she is on there is nothing she can do about it. Last year, it was all about Serena the w/out a doubt in anyones mind favorite. even during wimbledon. justine is good, but her best doesn't compete even with venus. a lot of people say she got better through the year even with the williams out, but through the years, players got better by playing the best players, getting their levels up and eventually beating them. for a half a year, justine didn't get to play either williams sisters, the clear "best PLAYERS AS IN THEIR GAMES" in the world. i still think she is where she was last year, when you match her game up against a williams sister. yeah it has gotten better to compete with a lindsay d, amelie, or a kim, but to me, its not better or close to where it needs to be to hang with a williams when they are ON their games. i have yet to see anyone on the entire wta tour that is capable of hanging with a williams sister when they are ON their games.

Mironia
Jan 23rd, 2004, 04:44 AM
Well ok, she isn't the best player in the world...Better watch out when she become the best.