PDA

View Full Version : Will a sick Henin-Hardenne be challenged by Svetlana Kuznetsova?

LindsayRulez
Jan 23rd, 2004, 03:00 AM
Svetlana has a good game, and from what I hear Justine is not feeling too well. Maybe, just maybe, Kuznetsova could pull it off. I kind of doubt it, I think Justine would still be too good even on her worst day, but what do you think?

Hulet
Jan 23rd, 2004, 03:01 AM
This is WTA. => Don't expect huge upsets like this too often.

Volcana
Jan 23rd, 2004, 03:07 AM
No. It's a 24-48 hour type bug. Justine's over it. She's probably a little weak, but she's vastly the superior player.

Rocketta
Jan 23rd, 2004, 03:09 AM
besides Svetlana is hitting mad ue's and she's not going to beat a top player doing that...

Rub
justine will defeat her easily!

Andrew.
Kuznetsova can't touch Justine. It's going to be a 6-2 6-2 affair.

LindsayRulez
Jan 23rd, 2004, 03:11 AM
Justine doesn't seem to be showing any ill-effects. She's really cracking that first serve! :o

pReUrBrIyN
Jan 23rd, 2004, 03:20 AM
I think Justine is the "sick" kind of sick. Like the kind of sick at the Roland Garros 2003 tournament where she put up her hand. Oh the drama i say...oh the drama....

:rolleyes:

Justine: 6-2 6-0

Hurley
Jan 23rd, 2004, 03:28 AM
I think Justine is the "sick" kind of sick. Like the kind of sick at the Roland Garros 2003 tournament where she put up her hand. Oh the drama i say...oh the drama....

:rolleyes:

Justine: 6-2 6-0

So then, when everyone talked about the stomach bug affecting multiple people around the Tennis Center, did you not understand it because you're stupid, or...actually, no, that's it. Phew. That was easy to figure out. :)

SerenaSlam
Jan 23rd, 2004, 04:13 AM
just thought i would let those know, that Svetlana did challenge Justine. she was serving for the 2nd set at 5-2, but lost the rest of the games in the match, and lost 6-2 7-5.

skanky~skanketta
Jan 23rd, 2004, 04:17 AM
it looks like an ugly match. too many errors, justine served at like 48%.:rolleyes:

LindsayRulez
Jan 23rd, 2004, 04:24 AM
Justine had 26 unforced errors and only 8 winners! ouch

Bitter Blue Bong
Jan 23rd, 2004, 04:34 AM
I definitely wasn't impressed with Justine's level/quality of play. She's got to step it up a few notches if she wants to get past Lindsay, let alone win the title. But as a player of her caliber, I'm sure she'll improve.

fammmmedspin
Jan 23rd, 2004, 04:44 AM
Interesting match. Svetlana impressed in the second. Best female forehand shot we will probably see over the two weeks from Svetlana was folowed within minutes by the best backhand shot seen so far from Justine. Could be a continuing treat especially if Kuznetsova gets better.

Sharapova's_Boy
Jan 23rd, 2004, 05:14 AM
Not a bad match from Sveta, the second set was very promising for her. Justine wasn't at her best, yet neither was Sveta.

Hopefully Kuznetsova can take alot out of this match, she played some great shots and definitly had the crowd on her side. I expect big things from her in '04 :D

Udachi Sveta.

Allez-H
Jan 23rd, 2004, 06:53 AM
Justine knows what she's doing,she growing in the tournament.You don't want to play your best tennis in the fisrt week,you want to play when it matters =>second week

malaye
Jan 23rd, 2004, 08:07 AM
Justine knows what she's doing,she growing in the tournament.You don't want to play your best tennis in the fisrt week,you want to play when it matters =>second week£

I hope you're right ! I haven't been impressed by what I've seen so far from Justine. I only watched the second set, and it looked like her backhand was a liability. She seems to have lost her timing on that shot. I noticed the same trends in Sidney. I wonder if all that work to improve her forhand (and man, has she improved it !) made her neglect her backhand ???

On the other hand, I was positively surprised by Zvetlana's game. She has improved since the last time I saw her. Once she cuts down on the UE, she will be a terrific challenger !

Allez-H
Jan 23rd, 2004, 08:23 AM
£

I hope you're right ! I haven't been impressed by what I've seen so far from Justine. I only watched the second set, and it looked like her backhand was a liability. She seems to have lost her timing on that shot. I noticed the same trends in Sidney. I wonder if all that work to improve her forhand (and man, has she improved it !) made her neglect her backhand ???

On the other hand, I was positively surprised by Zvetlana's game. She has improved since the last time I saw her. Once she cuts down on the UE, she will be a terrific challenger !
Yeah,Zvetlana really played well.And some people forget that.Justine played pretty good in the first set but Svetlana was really playing bad,but in the secongd she played amazing.Justine on the other hand didn't play her best tennis,but when it really mattered she came up with the big points.We'll see what she'll do against her next opponent Santangelo or something.Shouldn't really be a big problem.But after that,things ar going to get serious with LIndsay.But I kinda have the feeling she'll step it up.I mean,how many matches did Justine play like crap but still won them cuz on the big points she came up with aces,bh and fh-winers,...And like I said:aslong as she doesn't need to play her best tennis,she doesn't have to play it.