PDA

View Full Version : Is Mauresmo Peaking too Soon??

Foot_Fault
Jan 23rd, 2004, 02:06 AM
That has been a catalyst with some top players in Grand Slams that win first week matches in lightening speeds. I hope SHE ISN'T!! But she hasn't ran into anyone that is a threat or could challenge her at the moment.

but is she?

Diya
Jan 23rd, 2004, 02:08 AM
scared , are we ? :tape: :angel:

Mase
Jan 23rd, 2004, 02:09 AM
The better question is, really has she been challeneged????:confused:

Ted of Teds Tennis
Jan 23rd, 2004, 02:25 AM
Serena, and even more so Venus, cruised through the first four rounds of Wimbledon last year on their way to the final.

Serena cruised through her first five matches at the 2002 US Open, with an opening-round match against Morariu being the most difficult, since it was Morariu's return to a big big stage.

I don't know that Mauresmo's necessarily peaking too early, but I don't know that she'll get past Hénin-Hardenne in the semis. Of course, the draw has opened up ridiculously for Mauresmo to get to the semis. :)

Volcana
Jan 23rd, 2004, 02:27 AM
It's unfortunate she'll play five players ranked #35 or worse, then the world #1 (probably). That can't be considered a good thing. But they did play last week.

Mase
Jan 23rd, 2004, 02:29 AM
I personally just find it hard to say a player has 'peaked' at a tourney when they havent even been challenged what so ever..... Although I have to say she has a nice cahnce at making it to the semi's, but I guess only time will tell if that happens.

Foot_Fault
Jan 23rd, 2004, 02:50 AM
scared , are we ? :tape: :angel:
Of What?:rolleyes: ok..foot_fault, don't fall for it's trap.

tennnisfannn
Jan 23rd, 2004, 03:13 AM
The top players always seem to cruise in the first week anyway. Secondly players just match up differently against each other. One can struggle and barely win 7/5 in the third in the first round and still lift the trophy like serena did ao 2003, yet kim and venus didn't drop sets till they meant serena. If amelie had dropped any sets till now I would have been very surprised. She may drop one against molik but not two.

esquímaux
Jan 23rd, 2004, 03:58 AM
peaking too soon for what? This IS a grand slam you know :shrug:

xin_hui
Jan 23rd, 2004, 07:14 AM
i dunno if she has really peaked too soon, but definitely her opponents have been much easier than say, JHH's kuznetsova, kim's weingartner, venus' ashley, or lindsay's loit.:o