PDA

View Full Version : Do you receive bonus points if ...

GoDominique
Jan 23rd, 2004, 01:56 AM
... your opponent retires after missing the very first serve of the match ?
Or if the first point is an overrule and has to be replayed but your opponent has to retire ?
Or if your opponent faints while preparing to serve for the first point ?

And yes, this is a VERY important question. :angel:

LindsayRulez
Jan 23rd, 2004, 01:57 AM
lol I dunno the answer, but I find the question funny

Rtael
Jan 23rd, 2004, 01:58 AM
I don't know what bonus points are....?

Infiniti2001
Jan 23rd, 2004, 01:59 AM
Yes, as long as the opponent steps on the court to play...

Rtael
Jan 23rd, 2004, 02:03 AM
You have more than 3000 posts on wtaworld and you don't know what bonus points are?
Nope, can you tell me?

GoDominique
Jan 23rd, 2004, 02:11 AM
When does a match officially start...? After the first serve or when players enter the court?
That's basically my question, yes. ;)

Rtael
Jan 23rd, 2004, 02:12 AM
When you beat a player, you get bonus points. It depends of your opponent ranking. The higher she is ranked, the more bonus points you get. So for the ranking, other than points for reaching a certain round (2nd, 1/4, final, ...) you also get bonus points at each round for players you beat.

No, I want to know what Bonus Points are! Those are quality points, not bonus points!

Martian Willow
Jan 23rd, 2004, 02:15 AM
No, I want to know what Bonus Points are! Those are quality points, not bonus points!

Oh...Bonus points...? You get those when you buy petrol. You can swap them for glassware or a box of Quality Street.

GoDominique
Jan 23rd, 2004, 02:16 AM
:rolleyes:

Rtael
Jan 23rd, 2004, 02:18 AM
:rolleyes:
Don't roll your eyes at me. Bonus points makes it sound like these players are getting free points. These are QUALITY points. Thanks. :wavey:

GoDominique
Jan 23rd, 2004, 02:26 AM
Bonus points = quality points. Both terms have the same meaning. There is no difference between bonus points and quality points, because it's the same thing.

Rtael
Jan 23rd, 2004, 02:30 AM
Same thing with different connotations. :shrug: