PDA

View Full Version : The Media needs to stop asking about Yetunde!

tennisIlove09
Jan 22nd, 2004, 08:41 AM
Q. There's a report from overseas that yourself and Serena have started proceedings to get custody of your sister's child. Is that true?

Oh my God, wrong place, wrong time to talk about that.

Q. I had to ask. I'm sorry.

VENUS WILLIAMS: Thank you.

Do you think it will take a Capriati 1999 US Open for them to stop asking? It's no one's business what happens with Yetunde or her children. ANd it's not fair to anyone in the family to have to answer questions about her.

Venus Forever
Jan 22nd, 2004, 08:46 AM
Sure was an inappropriate question.

oddkayla
Jan 22nd, 2004, 08:49 AM
Other players have lost family members but they have not been asked every press conference.

The moron who asked the question.. No he did not have to ask!

Sam L
Jan 22nd, 2004, 08:53 AM
No it was the wrong question to ask and should not have been done. BUT you can't compare this case with other players because when other players lost their family members they didn't make it onto TV news. So there's a difference.

The question to the journalist is, did he/she actually think that they'd get an answer? I mean really. Or is this journalism101: "Might as well give it a try anyway"? :shrug:

tennisIlove09
Jan 22nd, 2004, 08:57 AM
No it was the wrong question to ask and should not have been done. BUT you can't compare this case with other players because when other players lost their family members they didn't make it onto TV news. So there's a difference.

The question to the journalist is, did he/she actually think that they'd get an answer? I mean really. Or is this journalism101: "Might as well give it a try anyway"? :shrug:
But has another player ever lost a family member who was murdered? That's probably the difference. Still, no questions should be asked. If the family wanted to comment, I believe they would release a statement...as they did right after the shooting occured.

I just wish the media would should some respect and respect people's privacy.

~ The Leopard ~
Jan 22nd, 2004, 08:58 AM
Most journalists are morons. (There are exceptions, eh Richie?)

But most....