PDA

View Full Version : Does Venus have poor form on her serve?

brunof
Jan 22nd, 2004, 06:32 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040122/capt.xmel10701220520.australian_open_xmel107.jpg

I'm no tennis expert, but could Venus work on her service motion? Unlike the serves of Serena Williams or Lindsay Daveport, Sugiyama, etc, her service motion to me looks forced and a bit awkward at times. (Doesn't always appear that her body is working together.) What is one suppose to do with their head during the service motion? Do you think Venus could make her serve even better with a more fluid motion? Oh and to make this a true Williams' bashing thread, I must say Venus would look better in a lighter shade of white... ;)

VW#1
Jan 22nd, 2004, 06:37 AM
Her service motion is fine, it's just sometimes she doesn't remember to slow herself down and so she gets a little off with the follow through. I don't think she needs to change it because it works well for her. Even when she isn't winning a lot of her second serve points she still wins enough of her first serve points where it almost doesn't matter.

oddkayla
Jan 22nd, 2004, 06:53 AM
I think the problem is with her second serves, where she sometimes brings her head down too quickly.

It was a lot better in 2000/01. Then her second delivery had more pop and it kicked really well. She seems to be working on it though.

tennisIlove09
Jan 22nd, 2004, 07:36 AM
Bad picture angle :)

Rollo
Jan 22nd, 2004, 10:15 AM
OddKayla perfectly anwered the question IMO. The motion of the serve is fine-it's the head drop that does her in at times. I'm often guilty of it myself:mad:

Technical flaw aside-most women would kill for her serve