PDA

View Full Version : Other Players Say Venus Isn't A Favorite To Win The AO

lizchris
Jan 22nd, 2004, 04:32 AM
So said Pam and Mary Joe. However, Pam brought up one of her few good points by saying that the same players who say that do not want Venus in ther part of the draw.

BTW, Lisa Raymond will be Venus' next opponent.

Infiniti2001
Jan 22nd, 2004, 04:34 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

alexusjonesfan
Jan 22nd, 2004, 04:34 AM
you really do have issues.

Knizzle
Jan 22nd, 2004, 04:37 AM
Chill out Lizchris. Really. :wavey:

lizchris
Jan 22nd, 2004, 04:39 AM
This is a Gerneal Messages forum so I am posting a general message. I don't have a lot of things to say about many of the dumb posts I see here from other pepole and I do see many, so the criticism isn't appreciated.

Foot_Fault
Jan 22nd, 2004, 04:41 AM
This is a Gerneal Messages forum so I am posting a general message. I don't have a lot of things to say about many of the dumb posts I see here from other pepole and I do see many, so the criticism isn't appreciated.
:rolleyes:

Is this actually a thread?:confused:

GoDominique
Jan 22nd, 2004, 04:43 AM
I know this is Gerneal Messages, but you have to accept that pepole think you are an idiot. :wavey:

lizchris
Jan 22nd, 2004, 04:44 AM
I know this is Gerneal Messages, but you have to accept that pepole think you are an idiot. :wavey:
Better than being a peice of trash.

Diya
Jan 22nd, 2004, 04:45 AM
*points and laughs at lizchris *

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Trent
Jan 22nd, 2004, 04:46 AM
I think many people don't think Venus is a favourite to win the AO, myself being one of them.

LucasArg
Jan 22nd, 2004, 04:47 AM
So said Pam and Mary Joe. However, Pam brought up one of her few good points by saying that the same players who say that do not want Venus in ther part of the draw.

BTW, Lisa Raymond will be Venus' next opponent.
Other players? Who? WHere did you read it or hear it?:confused:

GoDominique
Jan 22nd, 2004, 04:47 AM
Better than being a peice of trash.
What's a peice ? :unsure:

lizchris
Jan 22nd, 2004, 04:48 AM
Other players? Who? WHere did you read it or hear it?:confused:
During the taped delay telecast of Venus' match.

Dawn Marie
Jan 22nd, 2004, 04:49 AM
What many people think never meant a thing to Venus Williams.

For EXAMPLE:

People have stated OVA and OVA prior to 2000 that Venus WILL NEVER win a point, a game, a match, a tourney, a grandslam, a gold medal and a doubles slam. So believe you me, what ever people are saying down under means nothing to Venus Williams!!!

~ The Leopard ~
Jan 22nd, 2004, 04:50 AM
It's a thing that you carry in your breifcase.

Anyway, of course Venus is a favourite to win the AO, along with Juju, Kimmie, Momo and Lindsay. How could anyone believe otherwise?

Foot_Fault
Jan 22nd, 2004, 04:51 AM
I think many people don't think Venus is a favourite to win the AO, myself being one of them.
TBH Trent, that is a good thing. You think Venus cares about what people think? LOL....what a person think has nothing to do with who will hoist the trophy, whether is Venus or not.

The Thing is, if Venus Believe's in herself, and I believe she does....
Mary Jo stated, Venus' best is better than everyone else left in the field...if she continue's to progress she will win this title.

But nevertheless, we still have to wait till next weekend.

LucasArg
Jan 22nd, 2004, 04:53 AM
During the taped delay telecast of Venus' match.
What did Pam and Mary Joe said? THey are such a bitches!:lol: So predictable:lol:

LucasArg
Jan 22nd, 2004, 04:55 AM
TBH Trent, that is a good thing. You think Venus cares about what people think? LOL....what a person think has nothing to do with who will hoist the trophy, whether is Venus or not.

The Thing is, if Venus Believe's in herself, and I believe she does....
Mary Jo stated, Venus' best is better than everyone else left in the field...if she continue's to progress she will win this title.

But nevertheless, we still have to wait till next weekend.
So then Mary Joe did not say Venus was not going to win the Aus Open?

Trent
Jan 22nd, 2004, 05:02 AM

Of course, I don't think she would mind in the slightest.

Foot_Fault
Jan 22nd, 2004, 05:06 AM
Of course, I don't think she would mind in the slightest.
I hope i didnt come off harsh, wasnt trying to be. What i was trying to say is, it's good that people think Venus is the Underdog, or washed up or whatever...it will make a win so much sweeter for her and her fans.

But, No, she don't care what people think about her being a fav or not. I don't either.

lizchris
Jan 22nd, 2004, 05:15 AM
So then Mary Joe did not say Venus was not going to win the Aus Open?
Actuallyl Mary Joe thinks Venus is a favorite to win the AO.

LucasArg
Jan 22nd, 2004, 05:18 AM
Actuallyl Mary Joe thinks Venus is a favorite to win the AO.
OK.

And Who is Pam favorite?

lizchris
Jan 22nd, 2004, 05:28 AM
OK.

And Who is Pam favorite?
If I remember correctly, she said that Venus could be considered a favorite if she gets through the first week without many problems.

dreamgoddess099
Jan 22nd, 2004, 07:08 AM
I heard Mary Jo say that she's been listening in on the conversations of the other players (basically being a snoop) and they don't seem to see Venus as a fav, but as a wildcard ( they don't really know how she will play). Anyway, I'll wait til I hear it out of the mouthes of the other players first, not Mary Jo's who's job is to get, start, and makeup dirt for the entertainment of TV viewers.

cool bird
Jan 22nd, 2004, 07:22 AM
Justine has put Venus as the fav even above herself. Beut to be honset who give a rats ass what the talk is off the court. On the court is what matters.
Venus could very well go otu in the next round.

oddkayla
Jan 22nd, 2004, 08:01 AM
Being considered by other people as a favorite has never resulted in an actual win. Otherwise Kim would have at least two majors by now. What counts is executing once you are on court. So whatever players believe is irrelevant to who will hoist the trophy next week Saturday.

If I remember correctly no one considered Venus a favorite at Wimbledon 2000. It did not matter. What mattered is that she believed her time had come and she siezed it.

It seems people are trying so hard to introduce doubt in Venus' mind. If she is a non-factor, why are they spending such disproportionate amount of time on her?

tennisIlove09
Jan 22nd, 2004, 08:02 AM
Ah, I don't care what anyone thinks. Venus knows what she has to do to win. She's so full of confidence, and self-assurance...that's all that I need to know.

Favorite or not.

pigam
Jan 22nd, 2004, 08:10 AM
Every interview I've read with the (top)players claims they see her as one of THE favorites.
Maybe the somewath lower-ranked players are trying to fool themselves, saying "V has no chance, If I have to play her I could beat her,..." Just, you know, to pump themselves up a bit :shrug:
You are not telling me an honest tennisplayer is not considering V as a contender! Justine said it (many times) Kim said only today that there is only ONE who moves around a court like Venus,...
Lower-ranked players believe in their chances, it's their right but I *think* they will be proven wrong :)

SerialKiller#69
Jan 22nd, 2004, 08:12 AM
Errrrr...:scared:

G_Slammed
Jan 22nd, 2004, 02:01 PM
Justine has put Venus as the fav even above herself.

..just trying to transfer the pressure.

QUEENLINDSAY
Jan 22nd, 2004, 02:59 PM
I thought nobody cares!!!!! Lots of post now!!!!!

ico4498
Jan 22nd, 2004, 03:22 PM
those other players feel, quite correctly, that if Venus successfully retuns after a half year layoff it discredits their game/efforts.

lizchris
Jan 22nd, 2004, 03:45 PM
those other players feel, quite correctly, that if Venus successfully retuns after a half year layoff it discredits their game/efforts.
Then that the ofther's players problem. They should practice and/or play more.

pigam
Jan 22nd, 2004, 03:47 PM
Most players arn't as talented as Venus, and no matter how much they practice, how hard they work,... they will NEVER achieve what Venus has/will achieve(d), but that doesn't mean the tour doesn't need them...

lizchris
Jan 22nd, 2004, 03:55 PM
Most players arn't as talented as Venus, and no matter how much they practice, how hard they work,... they will NEVER achieve what Venus has/will achieve(d), but that doesn't mean the tour doesn't need them...
I agree with you on that.

pigam
Jan 22nd, 2004, 03:59 PM
I agree with you on that.
Good :)
No, but seriously, the fact that there are fine players 'beyond' the top5 is sometimes forgotten IHO. :shrug:

SJW
Jan 22nd, 2004, 04:03 PM
how many threads do you post a day?

pigam
Jan 22nd, 2004, 04:05 PM
how many threads do you post a day?
Mie? :confused:

SJW
Jan 22nd, 2004, 04:06 PM
no Lizchris

pigam
Jan 22nd, 2004, 04:07 PM
no Lizchris
Ah, pardon ;) :o

JustineTime
Jan 22nd, 2004, 04:11 PM
These same "dumditzs" :rolleyes: said Kim was going to beat Justine in the USO final. :lol:

Those who count Venus out do so at their peril! :tape: ;)

ico4498
Jan 22nd, 2004, 04:16 PM

absolutely! but you can forgive a certain disconnect on their (those others) part. no athlete can remain competitive if they believe they're doomed 'cause Venus is just too good.

Ballbuster
Jan 22nd, 2004, 04:29 PM
Lizchris, its hard to imagine you not being gay. Your threads reeks of idol sissy chatter.

Last year Mystinka said Clijsters was playing so well she projected her to win the AO.

Stop spreading chump change, kid. Also it would be best if you did some soul searching while you are at it.

lizchris
Jan 22nd, 2004, 04:56 PM
Lizchris, its hard to imagine you not being gay. Your threads reeks of idol sissy chatter.

Last year Mystinka said Clijsters was playing so well she projected her to win the AO.

Stop spreading chump change, kid. Also it would be best if you did some soul searching while you are at it.
For starters, I am not gay, but you probably are (since you brought it up).

Myskina endied up being wrong and kep her mouth shut for the rest of the year.

The only people who need to search their souls are the ones who get bent out of shape over something being posted on a public mesage board on the Internet.