PDA

View Full Version : Will KIM CLIJSTERS overcome three mental blocks: VENUS, JUSTINE, FIRST GRAND SLAM?

treufreund
Jan 22nd, 2004, 03:26 AM
The way she is hitting the ball she might very well be due to beat Venus and Justine back to back and win her first Grand Slam. The injury does not seem to be an issue plus Justine is a little sick, Amelie is still shaky mentally IMO, Lindsay is OWNED BY CLIJSTERS and Venus may not be 100% physically or match tough.

I would love for justine, amelie or chanda to win but if KIM wins I will be pretty happy too. :) She is too good to remain Grand Slamless. :)

justine&coria
Jan 22nd, 2004, 03:33 AM
No.

Freija
Jan 22nd, 2004, 03:35 AM
Hope so

LucasArg
Jan 22nd, 2004, 04:33 AM
I haven't seen her play yet.

gopher
Jan 22nd, 2004, 04:27 PM
yes read my signature

Steff_forever
Jan 22nd, 2004, 07:34 PM
Kim has never been mentally strong in key-moments - even when she was superior (e.g. last year's semi ...)

But do it, Kimmie ! ;)

RAA
Jan 22nd, 2004, 07:38 PM
well, the problem is, she always looks very very good early in slams. and just as likely, Venus sometimes struggles in early rounds. momo's mental strength can always be questioned.. and well justine can be down and out and still pull out a big win on a big stage.

so basically I see no real difference here than in the previous couppla slams.. except maybe Venus is hugrier, and justine is even MORE confident..

she looked totally unstoppable at the USO...and she was pretty hot at the french and at wimby too. and the folks that beat her in those three slams are at the OZ... so...

kiekeboe
Jan 22nd, 2004, 08:02 PM
well, the problem is, she always looks very very good early in slams. and just as likely, Venus sometimes struggles in early rounds. momo's mental strength can always be questioned.. and well justine can be down and out and still pull out a big win on a big stage.

so basically I see no real difference here than in the previous couppla slams.. except maybe Venus is hugrier, and justine is even MORE confident..

she looked totally unstoppable at the USO...and she was pretty hot at the french and at wimby too. and the folks that beat her in those three slams are at the OZ... so...

I totally agree with you :wavey:

Andrew.
Jan 22nd, 2004, 08:35 PM
No.

V&SGotItGoingOn
Jan 22nd, 2004, 09:54 PM
I wouldn't pass out from hearing that she won, of course it IS possible. However I don't know if she will be able to beat Venus and Justine in the same tournament after playing five matches already on potentially a bad ankle. She could do it, but if she wanted to win a slam, I think her chances would increase drastically if Venus and/or Justine went out before having to face Kim.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jan 22nd, 2004, 10:27 PM
I hope kim wins

fleemke³
Jan 22nd, 2004, 11:01 PM
I'll have to agree wit RAA but who knows :)

Foot_Fault
Jan 22nd, 2004, 11:33 PM
Kim needs to OVERCOME, HERSELF! then she can proceed...she has the gifts.

saki
Jan 23rd, 2004, 10:08 AM
If she doesn't have to play Venus or Justine, she might win. If she has to play just one of them, she's in with a small chance. If she has to play both of them, I think her chances are negligible.

Hagar
Jan 23rd, 2004, 11:09 AM

I have been thinking about that as well. Last year her second round at the AO was also a 6-0, 6-0 victory.
Could be that things get more difficult for her in the later stages of a Slam.
But then, what she did at the Masters was pretty impressive. OK, she did not have to face Justine. But her first match against Mauresmo was very tough and Kim played fantastic tennis. Then her semi against Jen wasn't an easy match as well.
I haven't given up believing that she can indeed a Williams and Justine to grab that first Slam.