PDA

View Full Version : Could Venus, Kim, and Amelie have it any easier to the semis?

LindsayRulez
Jan 22nd, 2004, 02:17 AM
I'm not complaining, it's just so weird how much their draws have opened up. The highest ranked person Venus will have to face before the semis is Patty Schnyder, for Kim it's Myskina (if Anastasia gets there), and for Amelie it's FABIOLA ZULUAGA!

Justine and Lindsay definitely have the hardest draws, even before getting to the quarters. Oh well, what can ya do...

LindsayRulez
Jan 22nd, 2004, 02:21 AM
oops I forgot that Kim could get Chanda, even though she is ranked lower than Myskina, she's the tougher player I think

sartrista7
Jan 22nd, 2004, 02:22 AM
Given that Kim still has Myskina, Sharapova, Rubin and Likhovtseva in her quarter - and bear in mind whoever comes out of THAT mini group of death will have to be playing pretty damn well - I'm not at all sure that Kim has it easy to the semis. In fact, I'd probably say that Justine has it easier.

Venus always had it easy to the semis anyway.

faboozadoo15
Jan 22nd, 2004, 02:23 AM
yea um... players like sharapova would like to see this thread :devil:

Pureracket
Jan 22nd, 2004, 02:24 AM
Well, Venus is, to me, up against players who seem to be her nemesis - scrappy Eastern European players.

AnDyDog621
Jan 22nd, 2004, 02:35 AM
Please stop saying that, Myskina is top 10 for a reason...and she has beaten Kim before and now Kim is a little injured, don't u think she can actually beat her if she does gets to the semis

Dawn Marie
Jan 22nd, 2004, 02:39 AM
Justine and Momo have it easier than Venus and Kim if you look at the draw you will see this.:)

LindsayRulez
Jan 22nd, 2004, 02:54 AM
Justine and Momo have it easier than Venus and Kim if you look at the draw you will see this.:)
You're kidding me. You're saying that Justine has it easier than Venus?!

Justine: Lukaszewicz, Pin, Kuznetsova, probably Daniilidou, probably Davenport
Venus: Harkleroad, Douchevina, probably Raymond, probably Krasnoroutskaya, Schnyer/Suarez

Keep in mind, I'm not saying this as any kind of insult, every player gets an easy draw every now and then. I just think that Venus will sail smoothly to the semis.

And yes, Myskina is in the top 10 for a reason. She very well could beat Kim, but only if that ankle is really hurting.

Rub
Jan 22nd, 2004, 03:05 AM
i think its not easy for all of them! kim is injured, and venus just got back... so i think not!?

AnDyDog621
Jan 22nd, 2004, 03:10 AM
You're kidding me. You're saying that Justine has it easier than Venus?!

Justine: Lukaszewicz, Pin, Kuznetsova, probably Daniilidou, probably Davenport
Venus: Harkleroad, Douchevina, probably Raymond, probably Krasnoroutskaya, Schnyer/Suarez

Keep in mind, I'm not saying this as any kind of insult, every player gets an easy draw every now and then. I just think that Venus will sail smoothly to the semis.

And yes, Myskina is in the top 10 for a reason. She very well could beat Kim, but only if that ankle is really hurting.
I kno, but yea, im just saying Myskina did beat her and her ankle wasn't hurting then, so why do u think she can't beat Kim unless she is VERY injured

Lady
Jan 22nd, 2004, 03:13 AM
Kim is NOT injured anymore

She's cruising past her opponent as always

Pureracket
Jan 22nd, 2004, 03:21 AM
LOL. . . . Kim's winning 6-0,3-0. Methinks all discussion about her injury should desist.

AnDyDog621
Jan 22nd, 2004, 03:26 AM
hey...what player is she playin against...but still yea, her performance right now seems great