PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay Davenport schedule-Now THIS is ridiculous!

CoryAnnAvants#1
Jan 22nd, 2004, 12:30 AM
She and Corina Morariu are playing their first round doubles match on COURT 19!!! :o :lol: One of those little side outer courts with three rows of bleachers on the left and right side. Are these schedulers out of their fucking minds?

Joana
Jan 22nd, 2004, 12:32 AM
:rolleyes:
Lindsay's next match will probably be on a parking lot.

azza
Jan 22nd, 2004, 12:36 AM
Oh shut the fuck up :yawn:

LindsayRulez
Jan 22nd, 2004, 12:37 AM
This really is ridiculous - you'd think they'd have some respect...

faboozadoo15
Jan 22nd, 2004, 12:39 AM
pretty sad... they have no idea how many ppl will be trying to cram into those 3 little rows...

LindsayRulez
Jan 22nd, 2004, 12:39 AM
Oh shut the fuck up :yawn:
It's not against all Aussies, just the schedulers, calm down!

QUEENLINDSAY
Jan 22nd, 2004, 12:40 AM
Well, Lets just see who is the champion!!!!! Lindsay can play the championship in the parking lot!!!!

Back off Azza!!!!!

CoryAnnAvants#1
Jan 22nd, 2004, 12:41 AM
What are you talking about Azza? I like Lindsay, but she's not even one of my faves. I just think it's pretty awful and disrespectful that you're going to take a multiple time grand slam winner in singles and doubles, a former #1 in the world in singles and doubles and throw her out on some little rinky dink side court right next to fuckin Caroline Dhenin and Tatiana Poutchek :rolleyes: Meanwhile you can put Laura Granville vs. Evie Dominikovic on a show court. At least put her on show court 2 or 3, but court 19 is insane. Not only that, but it's probably not safe security wise either. Imagine the friggin mob on that court now.

becks
Jan 22nd, 2004, 01:08 AM
not many of the doubles matches are player on the major courts anyway.

Keith17
Jan 22nd, 2004, 01:16 AM
Even the best doubles teams are often put on the smaller courts during majors. I don't know why you're so shocked.

Besides, I believe Court 19 isn't like the worst court. There's were seeds playing on that court most of the 1st round.

Trent
Jan 22nd, 2004, 01:28 AM
Singles matches always are put onto the better courts than doubles, it's the same everywhere.

AnDyDog621
Jan 22nd, 2004, 01:30 AM
they will probably be on a show court at the US OPEN

Andrew.
Jan 22nd, 2004, 01:54 AM
The court was probably crammed. They were saying that MCA was empty before Lindsay's match, nd it was packed when she started playing. Lindsay does draw a crowd. She's a former world number one, and grand slam champion. She's number five not (and if she wins over Laura will move back up to 4), so people really do want to see her play.

esquímaux
Jan 22nd, 2004, 01:58 AM

:lol: Hey! I spilled my drink when I read that! :lol:!

~ The Leopard ~
Jan 22nd, 2004, 02:12 AM
Actually, this happens all the time. It's great when they put top players on outer courts for doubles matches; it's a chance to watch them close up. I don't know why anyone would complain about it. In fact, it's one of the attractions of going to a big tournament like the AO and picking up a ground pass.

That said, it's really about time they featured Lindsay in singles. I hope they put her in the Rod Laver Arena soon.

Trent
Jan 22nd, 2004, 02:27 AM
they will probably be on a show court at the US OPEN

Today is day 4 of the Australian Open.. correct?

Day 4 US Open 2003 Doubles Maches
1 women's doubles match was played on grandstand (probably equilivant to MCA at the Aus Open)
The rest were played on the other courts.

The number 2 seeds on women's were put on court 9
The number 1 seeds on women's were put on court 7.

Gee, on day 3 they put Virginia Ruano Pascual (one of the best doubles players in the world) in her mixed doubles match on court 18! That is a disgrace! Where's the respect? :p

Crazy Canuck
Jan 22nd, 2004, 02:51 AM
Gee, maybe they should have moved Lleyton over to court 19 to accomodate for Lindsays REALLY important doubles match.

bis2806
Jan 22nd, 2004, 03:27 AM
i thought about this too a while ago but again it's not as bad as it was for singles because in doubles lindsay and morariu are not seeded

tennnisfannn
Jan 22nd, 2004, 03:43 AM
I don't really know what those outside courts look like but they aren't numbered in order of importance. It may be one of the bigger courts and may be better than a court 4 or 5.

LiliaLee-Frazier
Jan 22nd, 2004, 03:55 AM
Imagine if she would ever play against Amy Frazier..they would be relegated to PING PONG court 15 in the players lounge :smash:

oddkayla
Jan 22nd, 2004, 08:15 AM
Lindsay should'nt even be playing doubles. But thats another story.

gossipcom
Jan 22nd, 2004, 08:28 AM
Lindsay's playing doubles because she wants to acclimatise to the weather - she even stated it in her press conference :) Though considering Corina and her only had 2 winners in their whole match and still one, they must have done something right because the stats weren't going their way at all <G>

She's on VA tomorrow though *yay*

Amelie's been kicked to a Showcourt as has Alicia :(

Sam L
Jan 22nd, 2004, 08:32 AM
:haha:

Mattographer
Jan 22nd, 2004, 08:50 AM
Even the best doubles teams are often put on the smaller courts during majors. I don't know why you're so shocked.

Besides, I believe Court 19 isn't like the worst court. There's were seeds playing on that court most of the 1st round.
Excatly!

Lindsayfan
Jan 22nd, 2004, 10:19 AM
the true scandal isnt the doubles but the singles!she played once on Court n.3,once on MC and tomorrow she'll play on Vodafone.I wonder what they expect to put her on Rod Laver Arena...maybe next round vs Vera? or also a so great match-up will be on Vodafone? :rolleyes:

azza
Jan 22nd, 2004, 10:24 AM
Please stop your petiful whining :)

-Sonic-
Jan 22nd, 2004, 11:48 AM
Ok i'm looking at this map:

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/about/index.html

Is there any difference in the number of seats available in the courts all bundled together? If there isn't then does it matter if she is on 4, 15 or 22?

Greenout
Jan 22nd, 2004, 11:54 AM

:haha: Oh. Your a riot. She'll be on Vodafone friday. Getting
closer and closer. I think they'll wait till she meets
NNR-DEN for Rod Laver Arena, though.

Andrew.
Jan 22nd, 2004, 01:28 PM
Please stop your petiful whining :)

We're sorry. All we care about is if Aussies are playing on main courts.

Greenout
Jan 22nd, 2004, 01:31 PM
We're sorry. All we care about is if Aussies are playing on main courts.

Lindsay should just barf her head off like Aussie Todd Reid
to get media attention then they'll put her on Rod Laver Arena.

:lol:

Andy_
Jan 22nd, 2004, 01:35 PM
She and Corina Morariu are playing their first round doubles match on COURT 19!!! :o :lol: One of those little side outer courts with three rows of bleachers on the left and right side. Are these schedulers out of their fucking minds?
I know it sounds like they're scheduling Lindsay's matches on secondary courts, but I'll tell you what... not that it makes much difference for me, coz I'm in Italy and Lindsay's doubles matches won't ever be aired, anyway. But I think Lindsay on a smaller court, with only three rows of seats, is a great treat for the tennis fans who will get a chance to actually be there! There's nothing like secondary courts to watch the players from VERY close and to feel like you're really almost part of the game!

DA FOREHAND
Jan 22nd, 2004, 02:38 PM
It's doubles people who really G.A.F!

TS
Jan 22nd, 2004, 02:45 PM
Court 19 is one of the bigger outer courts...it has more than 3 rows.

Lots of big names have always been put on outside courts when they play doubles...it gets packed, but it's not like it's a K-Mart Sale or anything.

Andrew.
Jan 22nd, 2004, 02:47 PM
Good news Lindsay fans - Lindsay's on Vodafone today. Yay.

Penne1
Jan 22nd, 2004, 04:23 PM
Get a grip people - I watched Steffi play a doubles match on Court 19 in 1999!!!

She is 10 times the player Lindsay is yet she still is assigned Court 19!

You'd think Lindsay was the Pope by the way you are all acting.

Get over it!

LindsayRulez
Jan 22nd, 2004, 04:43 PM
Why are you Australians being so damn defensive?!

lizchris
Jan 22nd, 2004, 04:52 PM
Get a grip people - I watched Steffi play a doubles match on Court 19 in 1999!!!

She is 10 times the player Lindsay is yet she still is assigned Court 19!

You'd think Lindsay was the Pope by the way you are all acting.

Get over it!
With all due respect, there were two former men's champions in the draw (Johansen, who lost and Agassi, who is still in the tournament) and BOTH played on Rod Laver Arena. Lindsay is the only woman playing who has actually won the tournament and thy can't put her on Rod Laver Arena, but can put two players (Henin-Hardenne and Clijsters) who have never gone past the semifinals on that court?:confused: You can argue that Venus and Amelie probably should have never played on Rod Laver but at least they former finalists.

DA FOREHAND
Jan 22nd, 2004, 05:34 PM
We'd have eight of the thirteen #1's still active :eek:

VENUS :worship: :worship:
Serena :worship:
Lindsay
Monica :worship:
Jennifer
Kim
justine

LindsayRulez
Jan 22nd, 2004, 05:41 PM
Double is always being played on small courts like it has been mentionned... And Lindsay is not a star like Hingis, Kournikova or a Williams sisters, so why should it come as a surprise that she's not playing on the biggest courts? Sure she has her fans and is more known than players like Sugiyama or Myskina, but it's not like there are thousands of people who want to see her match against Loit or Dragomir - or to see her play in double. And playing on a big court is about how many spectators want to see you, not a question of "respect" just because you had good past results.
Apparently you didn't watch her match against Loit on tv, because even the commentators were talking about how packed it was even before their match started. From what I hear, Lindsay is very popular in Austrlalia, and they also wanted to see Loit because of what she did last year.

And you're right, it doesn't really matter what court she plays her doubles matches on. But as for singles, she should get at least Vodafone every match. She'll be on there today, wanna bet that the stands will be full? :p