PDA

View Full Version : Venus vs. Douchevina on ESPN tonight

LindsayRulez
Jan 21st, 2004, 09:56 PM
Yay! Maybe they are starting to take our complaints into consideration. No, I doubt it, it's probably because there are no American men in the bottom half of the draw. At any rate, go Venus! :bounce:

tennisIlove09
Jan 21st, 2004, 09:57 PM
Yea! VAMOS VENUS!

Natarajasana
Jan 21st, 2004, 09:59 PM
Sorry...I have to cheer for Vera D.
(so true about the lack of American men in the bottom half of the draw........:p )

Foot_Fault
Jan 21st, 2004, 10:01 PM
Yay! Maybe they are starting to take our complaints into consideration. No, I doubt it, it's probably because there are no American men in the bottom half of the draw. At any rate, go Venus! :bounce:

Here's a lil reality check. ESPaNdy, can care less about our complaints...the only reason they will show Venus TONITE, is b/c all the American Men play on the Opposite day from her. Not that I am complaining b/c I love the American MEN, and very interested in them performing well and seeing those performances....but Venus is the only American ticket tonite. Go figure huh?:tape:

Pureracket
Jan 21st, 2004, 10:18 PM
I bet Patty McEnroe is totally pissed. I don't think he'll ever forgive Vee and Serena for cancelling on his broadcast in that semifinal where they booed Serena for the final. . . . .LOL!!!!!

pierce0415
Jan 21st, 2004, 10:19 PM
we can thank our lucky stars that Agassi and Andy are on the same side of the draw

Infiniti2001
Jan 21st, 2004, 10:58 PM
(so true about the lack of American men in the bottom half of the draw........:p )

Uh, why the apology?? :tape:

Joana
Jan 21st, 2004, 11:05 PM
For once the US viewers are lucky, we'll watch the ever entertaining Henman instead.

IIOoIaMaGirLoOII
Jan 21st, 2004, 11:05 PM
(so true about the lack of American men in the bottom half of the draw........:p )dont apologize.. im gunna be rooting for vera too!! :bounce:

Tennisace
Jan 21st, 2004, 11:07 PM
Awww I was looking forward to seeing Camerin play :(

Janet
Jan 21st, 2004, 11:12 PM
Don't be surprise if ESPN show their favorite Kimmy.........when the show airs at 11:30pm tonight i just have that feeling they will show kim....instead of Venus, but hopefully I'm wrong......

victory1
Jan 21st, 2004, 11:21 PM
Don't be surprise if ESPN show their favorite Kimmy.........when the show airs at 11:30pm tonight i just have that feeling they will show kim....instead of Venus, but hopefully I'm wrong......
ESPN don't show Kim matches if she's not playing an American at a slam. ESPN only shows American men matches 80%, & Women 20% of the time in slams.

Knizzle
Jan 21st, 2004, 11:21 PM

They won't. Venus is American and she is a bigger name than Clijsters. Venus could be starting her match in 45 min or so since the men's match ahead of her is going pretty quickly.

Keith17
Jan 21st, 2004, 11:26 PM
They're going to show Venus. Unfortunately though, this match is going to be less than an hour. Vera will be no challenge.

ESPN's line thingy says they will show Federer. He's playing a crappy American, which is a good thing for once. I want to see Roger.

If they have time left, they might show either Kim or Hewitt. I'd love to see Kucera kick Lleyton's ass.

faboozadoo15
Jan 21st, 2004, 11:29 PM
venus and roger are on the bill... but i wouldn't be surprised if they wandered a little into hewitt, clijsters, or sharapova... or at least highlights.

but venus/federer/ ------- maria/lleyton/kim sounds like an awesome night!

Janet
Jan 21st, 2004, 11:33 PM
Ok, I guess we all will see tonight what they do !!

Keith17
Jan 21st, 2004, 11:34 PM
Sharapova probably won't be on. She's after 2 men's matches, and this Nadal match looks like it could take a while. ESPN is against showing any live tennis.

Cariaoke
Jan 21st, 2004, 11:35 PM
woooo... at this point, they can show bielick vs. benesova and I'd watch. I'm so tennis-deprived... :sad:

Knizzle
Jan 21st, 2004, 11:38 PM
woooo... at this point, they can show bielick vs. benesova and I'd watch. I'm so tennis-deprived... :sad:

ESPN is dew too shew some women's matches. ;)

Keith17
Jan 21st, 2004, 11:40 PM
It's fun watching Bea be a spoiled bitch.

CanadianBoy21
Jan 21st, 2004, 11:42 PM
isn't it at 11:30pm?????
It's few hours delayed????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, but no thanks. I'll still watch it, but it is not the same.
Tennis is probably the only sport that is f*cking tape delayed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I HATE IT!!!!!
They EVEN dare show golf live and, BOWLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wish they would show Crappy Stanley Cup and Stupid Super Bowl delayed!!

Joana
Jan 21st, 2004, 11:51 PM
What's the point of tape delayed mathes? Everybody will already know the result!

Keith17
Jan 21st, 2004, 11:55 PM
Joana, not everybody goes online to check results.

Cariaoke
Jan 21st, 2004, 11:55 PM
ESPN is dew too shew some women's matches. ;)
ewe are stewpid. :lol:

Meesh
Jan 21st, 2004, 11:58 PM
I'm sure we will just see Andy's match from last night, then an interview with Andy, then a interview with Brad Gilbert. Then.......... if time permits perhaps we will get to see highlights of Andy's match. :tape: :lol: :tape: :lol:

wta_zuperfann
Jan 21st, 2004, 11:59 PM
:worship: The Queen! :worship:

Cariaoke
Jan 22nd, 2004, 12:00 AM
Meesh, not an interview with Brad but he'll call a match!

<-- dead

Keith17
Jan 22nd, 2004, 12:01 AM
There will definitely be an interview with Gilbert. Mute button ensues.

Amanda
Jan 22nd, 2004, 12:03 AM
ESPN always disrespects women athletes.

Keith17
Jan 22nd, 2004, 12:04 AM
ESPN just needs Courier to give one of his diatribes on how every women's match is 6-0 6-0, and they shouldn't besmirch the majors with their presence.

tennisluver99
Jan 22nd, 2004, 12:54 AM

When does ESPN ever show Kim? I wish they would, she's one of my faves.

UDiTY
Jan 22nd, 2004, 01:18 AM
Dangit!!:fiery: Sargsian just won the 4th set against Reid, they're going to a 5th...Guess we'll have to wait another set for Venus.

It's ok tho I want Sarge to win!!!

Pureracket
Jan 22nd, 2004, 01:29 AM
Maybe S. Sargsian and Reid can play for another two hours so that we can see the Venus match live. (Yeah, a two hour set. :) )

LindsayRulez
Jan 22nd, 2004, 02:01 AM
Maybe S. Sargsian and Reid can play for another two hours so that we can see the Venus match live. (Yeah, a two hour set. :) )
hey, ya never know ;)