PDA

View Full Version : Venus Has Slight Ankle Strain

lizchris
Jan 21st, 2004, 07:59 PM
According to Sports Ticker, but should be OK for tonight. Considering she didn't need a trainer to treat it when she was playing Ashley and only ceded one game after she strained it and got whatever treatment she needed to get after the match, it isn't serious, though some will make it out to look serious.

Meg22
Jan 21st, 2004, 08:20 PM
I think her ankle would be ok,
'Cause like you said she didn't request help during the match
and it doesn't seem to bother her.

It's happened at 3-1 on the first set
and she still won 6/2 6/1
So don't worry She is gonna play and surely gonna win !

bandabou
Jan 21st, 2004, 08:24 PM
Yep....Vee is gonna be aight.

VW#1
Jan 21st, 2004, 08:25 PM
i hope she tapes her ankles tonight

Couver
Jan 21st, 2004, 08:39 PM
I hope it's nothing too searious, and I really hope the rebound ace doesn't make it worse.

Wow now with Venus slightly hurt and Justine being sick this Aussie open is looking more and more cursed.

lizchris
Jan 21st, 2004, 09:53 PM
i hope she tapes her ankles tonight
She probably will as a precaution, like she tapes her wrists.

Volcana
Jan 21st, 2004, 11:48 PM
According to Sports Ticker, but should be OK for tonight. Considering she didn't need a trainer to treat it when she was playing Ashley and only ceded one game after she strained it and got whatever treatment she needed to get after the match, it isn't serious, though some will make it out to look serious.
That happened when she jumped to hit an overhead. I noticed that from then on, she kept her toes on the ground when hitting overheads. Wise on RebA

GoDominique
Jan 21st, 2004, 11:49 PM
You for example by starting a thread about it.

VeNuS#1LoVa
Jan 21st, 2004, 11:49 PM
I hope she's ok, I think she will but I don't want to jinx it...GO VENUS!

Keith17
Jan 21st, 2004, 11:50 PM
When she rolled her ankle, that was scary. That could have easily been much worse with the position she was in.

Rebound Ace really needs to end.

Venus Forever
Jan 21st, 2004, 11:52 PM
That happened when she jumped to hit an overhead. I noticed that from then on, she kept her toes on the ground when hitting overheads. Wise on RebA
It was a swinging volley.;)

hinquit
Jan 22nd, 2004, 12:08 AM

I can't believe a Venus' fan starting such an evil thread. This happened
when she played her first match, almost two days ago, why you even
dream about starting a thread about it now. In fact, had it been any
thing serious or happen to be, it could have been widly reported.
None of these happened. And a fan citing haters to bring their noses here
about Venus fitness.

-Sonic-
Jan 22nd, 2004, 12:13 AM
If you go to eurosport.com and look through the videos, theres a lil 2 minute interview with venus and she mentions her ankle and what her trainer thought about it. :)

TTC Center
Jan 22nd, 2004, 12:25 AM
what is Rebound Ace? Thanks.

VRULES
Jan 22nd, 2004, 12:28 AM
what is Rebound Ace? Thanks.
a ruberiized hard court. It has a high bounce, is slower than most hard courts, is very sticky, and is very dangerous when it gets hot. There have been so many injurys from it!!:rolleyes:

hinquit
Jan 22nd, 2004, 12:28 AM
If you go to eurosport.com and look through the videos, theres a lil 2 minute interview with venus and she mentions her ankle and what her trainer thought about it. :)

I think you are one of those wishing that something happens. I am not
going to waste my time searching website for what Venus says or not.
All I know a Venus' should not come up with such a thread.

-Sonic-
Jan 22nd, 2004, 11:41 AM
hinquit, you're a dick. i was trying to be helpful so people could see what venus said, in person. people always talk about injuries and theres usually lots of speculation about how bad it is.

i'm sure the people who good repped me saying thanks for the link and the top didn't think i was being a bastard in any way.