PDA

View Full Version : Hingis as a commentator.

tennnisfannn
Jan 21st, 2004, 01:08 PM
It is great to see martina invovled in tennis again and I would like to hear your reactions to her commentating. It feels weird for me and it must feel even more weird for martina coz she is talking about players she actually played against. When she was talking about Kim's power last night it felt alot more believable coz she has been at the receiving end of that power. She also said she thought Serena had the best placement on serve, followed by Lindsay. She had also mentioned that she had a great relationship with the girls on tour and would like to keep it that way. Do you think this will influence her commentating.
I think martina is doing a good job. She is focused on the ball and hasn't dwelt too much on the person's actually playing. This may change in the second week but it will be intriguing.

barmaid
Jan 21st, 2004, 01:21 PM
From all reports, Martina seems to be doing an excellent job of commentating:worship: ...so its nice to hear that this "smart" tennis mind can analyze the plays so well and of course having had the advantage of "playing" opposite them is a coup d'grace too!!:hearts: Unfortunately on this side of the world, we are not privy to any of Martina's broadcasting skills but from all accounts sound positive. :D Hopefully, she will land a job (maybe BBC) for the Wimbledon tourney!!:kiss:

barmaid:wavey:

xr6turbo
Jan 21st, 2004, 01:30 PM
It is great to see martina invovled in tennis again and I would like to hear your reactions to her commentating. It feels weird for me and it must feel even more weird for martina coz she is talking about players she actually played against. When she was talking about Kim's power last night it felt alot more believable coz she has been at the receiving end of that power. She also said she thought Serena had the best placement on serve, followed by Lindsay. She had also mentioned that she had a great relationship with the girls on tour and would like to keep it that way. Do you think this will influence her commentating.
I think martina is doing a good job. She is focused on the ball and hasn't dwelt too much on the person's actually playing. This may change in the second week but it will be intriguing.

Yeah i think she is doing a pretty good job so far. Sometimes she talks during the points and that annoys me a bit, maybe someone talked to her because she didn't do it very much today when Pratty was playing. It will be interesting if she commentates on Venus' match. :D

lakeway11
Jan 21st, 2004, 02:43 PM
bring on ESPN :bounce:

Rising Sun
Jan 24th, 2004, 02:35 PM
Is it just me or does anybody else sense some slight 'tension' between Martina & Kerryn Pratt? :o

LeonHart
Jan 24th, 2004, 02:36 PM
You guys are soo lucky :sad:

Fantastic
Jan 24th, 2004, 02:41 PM
Is it just me or does anybody else sence some slight 'tension' between Martina & Kerryn Pratt? :o

I think it's because:

1.) Like me, Kerryn may find it hard to understand what Martina is saying sometimes and thus, is frustrated with having to decode her co-commentator AND do her part of the job.

2.) Martina keeps interrupting Kerryn or talking over her in the middle of a comment she's trying to make, and then keeps talking when the point is in play, and then continues talking when the point is over and the next one has started.

3.) Martina tends to ramble and Kerryn dislikes ramblers?

I really don't know if it's tension but those are the things irking me about Martina's commentating techniques - she has none! But I'll forgive her since she's a tyro and she's my favourite player. :)