PDA

View Full Version : Forget calling Hantuchova the anorexic, Bovina is worse!!!!!

AUSBOY
Jan 21st, 2004, 11:30 AM
We've seen the anorexic Bedanova slide down the ranks, we have been seeing the Hantuchova anoerxic slide down the ranks, now its Bovina's turn! She looked dangerously skinny today. Claudine whooped her arse and played great but Bovina still didnt look to good. She's definitely lost weight since I saw her play. I'm concerned for her!

PointBlank
Jan 21st, 2004, 11:30 AM
Pictures?

bandabou
Jan 21st, 2004, 11:32 AM
Yeah...saw some pics of Bovina recently and she was dangerously thin....

Mattographer
Jan 21st, 2004, 11:41 AM
I saw her in person at Sydney and I have to agree with you

GrahamD
Jan 21st, 2004, 11:49 AM
We've seen the anorexic Bedanova slide down the ranks, we have been seeing the Hantuchova anoerxic slide down the ranks, now its Bovina's turn! She looked dangerously skinny today. Claudine whooped her arse and played great but Bovina still didnt look to good. She's definitely lost weight since I saw her play. I'm concerned for her!
It was only ignorant people on this board that called Daniela anorexic. No doctor ever did, yet none of you ever listened, but that wasn't good enough for some people. She never was and never has been anorexic:fiery: Just because someone loses weight, it doesn't make them anorexic, and that's probably the case with Bovina. You people are so ignorant to the facts. :fiery:

Rtael
Jan 21st, 2004, 12:01 PM
It was only ignorant people on this board that called Daniela anorexic. No doctor ever did, yet none of you ever listened, but that wasn't good enough for some people. She never was and never has been anorexic:fiery: Just because someone loses weight, it doesn't make them anorexic, and that's probably the case with Bovina. You people are so ignorant to the facts. :fiery:
You're right, only stupid people called her anorexic. But only stupid people (you) wouldn't admit that there WAS something wrong with her weight!

calabar
Jan 21st, 2004, 12:16 PM
Come on people, this is pure semantics. Hantuchova has a PROBLEM with her weight. We can go back and forth all day with regards to what medical term to use. But the fact is this woman NEEDS medical attention cause she has a lot of talent as a tennis player, and that talent is being wasted day by day if her "problem" goes unchecked.

AUSBOY
Jan 21st, 2004, 12:20 PM

You know for sure that she isn't? or that no medical person has detected an eating disorder and that she's not just keeping it private?? For your information there are many forms of anorexia nurvosis! Most people think its just throwing up your food after you've eaten but there are different forms that are resulted from laxative abuse, exercise addiction etc.

Its normal to question someone when they are dangerously thin. When you're naturally slim you dont just suddenly lose weight. You only need to look at the loss of power in Bedanova, Hantuchova to know they are iron deficient!

As Rtael says, only an ignorant person would think its ok to be so dangerously thin and that nothing was wrong!

tennnisfannn
Jan 21st, 2004, 12:26 PM
Dokic lost alot of weight sometime last year and we all saw the results. Bedanova has always been skinny and I think that's just her body type.

GrahamD
Jan 21st, 2004, 12:26 PM
You know for sure that she isn't? or that no medical person has detected an eating disorder and that she's not just keeping it private?? For your information there are many forms of anorexia nurvosis! Most people think its just throwing up your food after you've eaten but there are different forms that are resulted from laxative abuse, exercise addiction etc.

Its normal to question someone when they are dangerously thin. When you're naturally slim you dont just suddenly lose weight. You only need to look at the loss of power in Bedanova, Hantuchova to know they are iron deficient!

As Rtael says, only an ignorant person would think its ok to be so dangerously thin and that nothing was wrong!OK doctor, whatever. :wavey: I take it you ARE a qualified doctor?

beauty_is_pink
Jan 21st, 2004, 12:33 PM
i dont kno whether to be mad for you dumbass calling Daniela anorexic when she's not! or relieve because now the "label" is somewhat off Daniela's back.....................

F-R-E-A-K
Jan 21st, 2004, 12:35 PM
OMG People, once again - I personally met Bovina and her mother in Sydney last week, they arent worried about her weight and sure she had lost 5-8kg's due to an illness mid last year, but she isn`t ANOREXIC or close to it.

Her SLIDE down the ranks is due to a game change, atm they are looking more for a placement type of game, than they will go back into power hitting. Also she has a few injury worries atm, esspecially with her right knee.

AUSBOY: You saw her, and sure for someone who is close to 6'4 she should weigh more, but there is totally no need for you to make such lame comments as you have in this thread.

Rediculous!!! She is not looking as bad as Daniela is OR did.

skanky~skanketta
Jan 21st, 2004, 12:42 PM
still no pics?

Mattographer
Jan 21st, 2004, 12:42 PM
Yeah, she's not anorexic.

F-R-E-A-K
Jan 21st, 2004, 12:49 PM
Okay guys, I have around 15-20pics at home both of her on and off court from the Adidas International 2004 :) :p

Im not home atm, but I do have this one with me that I took in Sydney, its a personal picture obviously:drool: :kiss: .

:hearts: :hearts: Its such a lovely picture of her, she is beautiful :hearts: :kiss: Look at that amazing smile.

She is NOT anorexic THANKS. :mad: :D :kiss: :hearts:

Hope you guys like :wavey: :bounce: :worship:

Kirt12255
Jan 21st, 2004, 12:59 PM
Okay guys, I have around 15-20pics at home both of her on and off court from the Adidas International 2004 :) :p

Im not home atm, but I do have this one with me that I took in Sydney, its a personal picture obviously:drool: :kiss: .

:hearts: :hearts: Its such a lovely picture of her, she is beautiful :hearts: :kiss: Look at that amazing smile.

Hope you guys like :wavey: :bounce: :worship:
If that is anorexic then perhaps I need to start throwing up my food.

Stupid Thread...Stupid Posts....ty F.R.E.A.K for killing this thread with evidence.

As I have said many times..re Daniella...someone with Anorexia or Bulimia CANNOT sustain themselves on a tennis court for 3 hours...they crawl into the faetal position usually most of the time.

You should know better Alex.

F-R-E-A-K
Jan 21st, 2004, 01:07 PM
If that is anorexic then perhaps I need to start throwing up my food.

Stupid Thread...Stupid Posts....ty F.R.E.A.K for killing this thread with evidence.

As I have said many times..re Daniella...someone with Anorexia or Bulimia CANNOT sustain themselves on a tennis court for 3 hours...they crawl into the faetal position usually most of the time.

You should know better Alex.
:devil: No worries :worship: Anything to protect Lena Bovina :D :hearts: :kiss:

I'll post more pic's to back it up in the next few days!! :drool: :cool: :)

:o AUSBOY :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

salima
Jan 21st, 2004, 01:08 PM

Dear GrahamD

I would never disrespect someone with an eating disorder. Intelligent and ambitious people are over represented amongst the people with an eating disorder. In sport you will find many,many athletes who are. Especially in sports that requiers stamina. Cross country skiing, Cykling and tennis being maybee the most common sports.
Daniela H has in her interviews given exact te answer an anorectic person is likely to give to questions according to her weight. (Questions that NEVER should be allowed to be said in a press conference )

In this serious and difficult question I feel that my english is too poor to let me express what I had in mind.

And to you GrahamD, I like Daniela, but she has a problem with her weight.

GrahamD
Jan 21st, 2004, 01:14 PM
Dear GrahamD

I would never disrespect someone with an eating disorder. Intelligent and ambitious people are over represented amongst the people with an eating disorder. In sport you will find many,many athletes who are. Especially in sports that requiers stamina. Cross country skiing, Cykling and tennis being maybee the most common sports.
Daniela H has in her interviews given exact te answer an anorectic person is likely to give to questions according to her weight. (Questions that NEVER should be allowed to be said in a press conference )

In this serious and difficult question I feel that my english is too poor to let me express what I had in mind.

And to you GrahamD, I like Daniela, but she has a problem with her weight.
Another unqualified doctor. Show me the evidence from the doctors report, then I'll believe you. Until you come up with some hard proof, I'm sorry, but your theory is dismissed as :bs:

No doctors evidence, no proof, end of story.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jan 21st, 2004, 01:46 PM
What is wrong with some of you? Do you know she is Anorexic? No, but she looks dangerously thin so if my daughter were that thin I would be concerned. So stop acting like being concerned is a bad thing. I swear some of you and your hero worship is sickening! I mean if that girl does have a problem, I'm not saying she does, but IF she does you would just sit idly by and let her waste away.

There is no shame in having an eating disorder like some of you rabid fans seem to think. It's a serious problem and should not be ridiculed. I hope there is nothing wrong with her but NO ONE KNOWS. You people who say she's fine DO NOT KNOW and the people who say she may have a problem DO NOT KNOW. However if you didn't know something wouldn't you want that person to find out and instead of ignore the problem?

If Daniela was smart she would go to a doctor and publicize the results to end the media frenzy about her weight. She should have done that at wimbledon before her downward spiral because all the media attention could not have helped her.

Keith17
Jan 21st, 2004, 01:59 PM
That is a nice pic, Drew. Lena's smile has always been beautiful.

I don't know if Lena has an eating disorder... but there's one thing for sure.

She's definitely too skinny, and it's affecting her game. The mono she had last year is no longer an excuse. Symptoms were long gone when I saw her this summer, and she says it's passed.

Her SLIDE down the ranks is due to a game change, atm they are looking more for a placement type of game, than they will go back into power hitting. Also she has a few injury worries atm, esspecially with her right knee.

Did Joe, or Lena, or anyone admit to this? Advising Lena to NOT be the aggressor?
This is absolutely stupid, if this is the case. She's going to be out of the Top 100 if she allows players like Kleinova to dictate play.

Plus, if she has nagging leg/wrist problems, why do we want to make the points longer? She's had the knee/thigh problems since Tokyo, last year... and the wrist thing came up sometime after US Open. Lena had these injuries during the indoor season, where she beat Lindsay, Myskina and Capriati. She didn't play defensive at all in those matches. WHY CHANGE?

The only way Lena is going to remain in the upper echelon of tennis is by constantly taking the ball early, going to net, and putting non-stop pressure on her opponent. She looks like a top 10 player sometimes, and sometimes she'll look awful, but that's what Lena is.

Lena is not fucking Amanda Coetzer. She's 6'3", and quite frankly, she's not the best athlete.

Lena will be lucky to win a handful of matches this year if she keeps this up.

-Sonic-
Jan 21st, 2004, 03:11 PM
What does it matter if a doctor says if someone is anorexic or not?

This is a slightly unrelated example, but it might try to make people (e.g. Graham) think a different way about it.... If your friend seems to be exremely unhappy all the time, hides away in their room, has sleeping troubles, lack of enthusiasm about everything, cries randomly etc... you would be worried about them. That person may not reach a clinical level of depression, but they are clearly not their normal selves. Just because it doesn't reach a clinical threshold, doesn't mean there is nothing wrong.

Another example - other players have been 'accused' of being too overweight. They are not fat - no way they are near a BDI that is dangerous or obese. Most people on the board would probably die for their body. But it was clear from the way that they are playing that they are fading at the end of matches, and they are clearly slower etc. Just because they aren't at a level where dieticians would need to be called in, doesn't mean its 'bad' (crappy word) enough not to affect them in their work.

I haven't seen Elena B for many months, I am behind in my video watching, so I won't comment. From the 1 single picture, she looks ok. I have saw an action shot of her and she did look rather thin, but action shots do all sorts of weird things to you (e.g. i have seen some that make Hingis look like a Gladiator) so I'll discount that.

BUT - i have seen more than plenty of daniela and i truly think that if you are of the opinion that there is nothing wrong with her weight, you are too much a fan of her that you're blinded as to what is best for her. I don't know or care if a doctor has or hasn't diagnosed her with an eating disorder. I think its clear that her weight is very low and in her line of work it may be too low to be at 100% effectiveness. Her weight as gone down, as has her ranking. They may be related, they may not. But at this weight, she is losing and losing and losing. Maybe its worth it to put much more effort into putting some weight on? She's said she eats lots and she stays the same, but I think she should try harder. If shes still losing at a weight that people will not comment on constantly, then fair enough.

And I think most people aren't bashing her. I don't think people are calling her stupid or anything. They want to see her looking healthy and playing well. Its definately more related to concern/worry.

AUSBOY
Jan 21st, 2004, 10:07 PM
Thank you Salima for your post. Its true, many great athletes in the past have had anorexia. Zina Garrison confessed to battling anorexia during her days.

Im not a doctor but I've lived with a family member who's been battling anorexia for nearly 10 years. At one stage my relative was running 20km's a day and living off just one bowl of soup a day!

So just because you have an eating disorder doesnt mean you dont have stamina.

I am by know means calling any of these players anorexic, I'm just saying that I have concerns, and they are very valid as the power these players had has diminished since last year, and there loss of weight is related.

There are many other players I would add to the list, such as Dominikovic, Ondraskava (sp?), Lee.

Another thing, you dont have to be skinny to have this disorder. There are probably twice as many 'unnoticed sufferers!' Players like Schett, Kournikova I'm sure have problems too.

Doc
Jan 22nd, 2004, 12:42 AM
Lena clearly is thinner this year, as is clear from the attached photo. Though there is no justification whatsoever for talking about eating disorders.

However Lena certainly has lost power in her game, particularly on her serve. In the match she lost yesterday - (to Claudine Schaul!) - her average 1st serve speed was a disastrous 132 kph! That is compared with a former average of 162 kph! Claudine Schaul (not known for her serving) managed 145kph. Lena only won 46% of points on her first serve (identical with her 2nd). If this is a tactical decision, she needs to change it fast.

In these circumstances, I'm disturbed by Lena's loss in weight, and hope that she can quickly get back on course.

CanadianBoy21
Jan 22nd, 2004, 12:52 AM
she does LOOK aneroxic according to the last pic...
I remember watching her two years ago or so on tv against Monica(?) and she had a great game... Too bad.

esquímaux
Jan 22nd, 2004, 01:30 AM
Lena clearly is thinner this year, as is clear from the attached photo. Though there is no justification whatsoever for talking about eating disorders.

However Lena certainly has lost power in her game, particularly on her serve. In the match she lost yesterday - (to Claudine Schaul!) - her average 1st serve speed was a disastrous 132 kph! That is compared with a former average of 162 kph! Claudine Schaul (not known for her serving) managed 145kph. Lena only won 46% of points on her first serve (identical with her 2nd). If this is a tactical decision, she needs to change it fast.

In these circumstances, I'm disturbed by Lena's loss in weight, and hope that she can quickly get back on course.
is that bone sticking out of her arm? :eek:

tennischick
Jan 22nd, 2004, 01:44 AM
Another unqualified doctor. Show me the evidence from the doctors report, then I'll believe you. Until you come up with some hard proof, I'm sorry, but your theory is dismissed as :bs:

No doctors evidence, no proof, end of story.Graham:
i take it that you have official medical evidence that Daniela does NOT have an eating disorder?

yes i am qualified to ask, just so you know.

GoGoMaggie
Jan 22nd, 2004, 02:20 AM
Well this is not soemthing that started recently. She was already very thin adn bony last year. But just nobody noticed it or dared to point it out as there was that Hantuchova.
When I called Bovina very thin and said she better put on some weight, someone replied I wasn't qualified to make such a comment because I was mentally challenged. You know sometimes a retard can do a better job in seeing things.

AUSBOY
Jan 22nd, 2004, 07:46 AM
that pic doesnt really show her waistline, she really is unattractively and frighteningly skinny

Peetz
Jan 22nd, 2004, 11:32 AM

No doctors evidence, no proof, end of story.
You call other persons ignorant?
How do you call this statement then?:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The Guilty
Jan 22nd, 2004, 01:13 PM
When will people realize that thin/skinny is different from anorexic ?

Rocketta
Jan 22nd, 2004, 03:44 PM
When will people realize that thin/skinny is different from anorexic ?
I guess the same time people realize that just because someone doesn't look like a famine victim doesn't mean they don't have an eating disorder...:shrug:

Nicoleke
Jan 22nd, 2004, 03:53 PM

Hope you guys like :wavey: :bounce: :worship:I agree, when I see these picture, I don' t think that she is anorexic .....

pigam
Jan 22nd, 2004, 03:54 PM
some more pictures... You can see her waist line, and she *does* look awfully thin to me :unsure:
http://cache.****************/thumb/2857827.jpg?x=x&a=2857827&b=afp&t=1
http://cache.****************/thumb/2857814.jpg?x=x&a=2857814&b=afp&t=1
http://cache.****************/thumb/2857796.jpg?x=x&a=2857796&b=editorial&t=1

Grachka
Jan 22nd, 2004, 04:32 PM
i would say danni was thin, and perhaps too thin and infringing on her game, but maybe not anorexic.

Who am i to judge though, people on this thread seem to be privy to Daniela's medical records or something.

mboyle
Jan 22nd, 2004, 05:51 PM
I get called anorexic ll the time cuz I am 5'8 and 110lbs, but I'm definately not, so don't judge people based on their appearance.

Keith17
Jan 22nd, 2004, 06:02 PM
Well this is not soemthing that started recently. She was already very thin adn bony last year. But just nobody noticed it or dared to point it out as there was that Hantuchova.
When I called Bovina very thin and said she better put on some weight, someone replied I wasn't qualified to make such a comment because I was mentally challenged. You know sometimes a retard can do a better job in seeing things.
Go to Bovina's forum, we've followed her. She's definitely thinner now than she was this time last year.

Just look at pics from Lena in Moscow last year, and these... she's lost even more weight.

Dawn Marie
Jan 23rd, 2004, 01:07 AM
I agree with Ausboy's thread.

Imho Dani and MAYBE Bovina have eating disorders.

For one it is common among women, and well ... HELLO but that is all that is on the WTA Tour women. Logic will have it that out of 100 girls that AT LEAST 5 will have ANOREXIA or some kind of eating disorder.

Dani get help. Bovina eat.

Keith17
Jan 23rd, 2004, 01:14 AM
Bovina eats all the time, hater.

Crazy Canuck
Jan 23rd, 2004, 01:26 AM
There are way too many stupid posts in this thread for me to break them all down. I should be doing more productive things anyways.