PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT Message to all PAW players: (Re - PAW #100 - Aussie Open 2004)

SpikeyAidanm
Jan 21st, 2004, 03:27 AM
I have no idea what the hell happened, but the PAW Australian Open has been moved to the PAW forum located in the Games forum.

The moderator who has done this has obviosuly made me pretty angry as the change was done with any consultation or comment with me :rolleyes: :fiery: . I have sent a pm to offer my disgust and request to get it moved back.

So just letting you know for (hopefully) now, post your picks in that thread that has been moved to the PAW forum.

:wavey:

azza
Jan 21st, 2004, 04:01 AM
:speakles:

bionic71
Jan 21st, 2004, 06:20 AM
bugger

HotSpot
Jan 21st, 2004, 06:54 AM
:boxing:

SpikeyAidanm
Jan 21st, 2004, 07:24 AM
another thing, let's all send pm's offering our disgust and I'm sure they will get sick of it and move the thread bak :hehehe: :p

ghosts
Jan 21st, 2004, 07:36 AM
It should be back here :)

SpikeyAidanm
Jan 21st, 2004, 10:00 AM
How pathetic the admins, they have yet to reply / do anything yet :rolleyes:

SpikeyAidanm
Jan 21st, 2004, 11:27 AM
No you can't. That's what games forums are for. THat's why we created that forum for you at your request. If everyone else played their 20 or so games in our tournament forums, there would be nothing else to read in the forum, and there would be no need for a games section. Again, not a difficult concept. And I doubt any of the players of PAW are having difficulty navigating to a different forum.

Sorry to say this but I'm ashamed to have such a rude and narrow minded moderator :mad:

It's not over yet guys we have to forward our complaints :mad:

nitsansh
Jan 21st, 2004, 11:37 AM
POE has a valid arguement... I'm not saying he/she is right, but there is some sense in what he/she says... and also he/she is the power that be here...

A link to the thread would be helpful...

nitsansh
Jan 21st, 2004, 11:38 AM
But the way he/she acted without warning is really shameful...

SpikeyAidanm
Jan 21st, 2004, 11:41 AM
Here's the link - http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=99092&page=1

SpikeyAidanm
Jan 21st, 2004, 11:43 AM
Yes shameful indeed.

Vass22
Jan 21st, 2004, 11:46 AM
Cool off Spikey, we wouldn't die if we go there.

Kanji
Jan 21st, 2004, 02:18 PM
I really donít understand what you guys are so outraged about. Everyday, threads are created in the wrong section and everyday, a mod or admin move them to the right place. We never ask the creator of the thread for is agreement cuz 99% of the time, itís been done by mistake. In your case, it was obviously not by mistake, but it was still in the wrong section. As for why there was no ďmovedĒ link, I donít know. Usually, when we move a thread, we always select the option that leave a redirecting link in the original location. That may just be a mistake in this case.

Poe
Jan 21st, 2004, 04:52 PM
Sorry to say this but I'm ashamed to have such a rude and narrow minded moderator :mad:

It's not over yet guys we have to forward our complaints :mad:

If you're referring to forwarding your complaints to wtn_amanda, she's just going to forward them on to me. So there's not much point in that.

As for being rude, I thought I was polite considering you used words like "pitiful" and "disgusted" while addressing me. Please don't think I will sugar coat my responses to posts like that, because it won't happen. I'm a person, not a door mat.

What purpose would a "warning" have served before moving your thread? The link was automatically replaced with a redirect to the new address. Anyone who clicked on it was taken specifically to the thread's new location. So what is the problem here? The thread didn't vanish into thin air leaving everyone wondering what happened. It was still there, with the words "MOVED" right in front of it. It's on page 2 in this forum if you missed it the first time.

The thread is a game, that's what our games section is for. I understand your game is related to current results, and I'm sorry but that's not a reason for us to allow your game threads in this forum. What if ten other people start games related to results? What is the point of having a games section or any section for anything if everyone just posts their threads wherever they want? Is it hard to check the results in this forum and then use the forum jump menu at the bottom of every page and go directly to PAW? How many extra seconds does that take? Far fewer than launching a protest.

I think the main reason you're so upset is because having your threads in this forum draws more attention to your game and more players.

And instead of thinking what this site is doing to hinder your game, maybe you can consider that we are hosting it for you and gave you your very own forum for it. Really shameful right? Good grief.

zorgzamesnip
Jan 21st, 2004, 05:00 PM
I think everybody is upset because the PAW-threads were never moved. For 2 years and 99 tournements nobody acted against these threads. I wonder what happend? What is the difference between last week and this week? Are there new mods? Or is it maybe new board, stricter rules? Or did somebody just decided that PAW-100 was enough?

SpikeyAidanm
Jan 21st, 2004, 08:28 PM
Yes why did you have the spoil the 100th PAW tournament by moving it to the PAW forum, why did it take you 100 tournaments to finally figure out this decision. And I was not rude, in fact you were, you said we just created a forum for you, well you're wrong we've had the PAW forum since January 2002, and you've obviously got confused with the PAW Doubles just created recently. And as for 10 games being playd in the Aus Open, I can only see two...

And you still haven't replied to why you didnt notify us before the move :rolleyes:

State the facts right if you are attempting to get any respect :rolleyes:

I do thank you for hosting our game, that is very much appreciated.

Jakub
Jan 21st, 2004, 09:02 PM
I`m quite surpirsed with that decision .

PAW`s takes only 1 thread in every tournament. I don`t think it`s too much. It`s just a single thread like ex. The Queen Venus will storm back in AO cheering thread!!!! (http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=94237) or every other players thread.
I know it`s refered to games but it can`t be said like that. If so then every thread like Alicia Molik Def [15] Daniela Hantuchova 6-4 6-3 (http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=100634) posted in GENERAL MESSAGE should be removed and posted in TOURNAMENTS FORUM ( for AO) as the result refers to a specific evnet which has his own forum.

One thread don`t make a big difference I`m sure of it.

Rtael
Jan 21st, 2004, 09:14 PM
If you're referring to forwarding your complaints to wtn_amanda, she's just going to forward them on to me. So there's not much point in that.

As for being rude, I thought I was polite considering you used words like "pitiful" and "disgusted" while addressing me. Please don't think I will sugar coat my responses to posts like that, because it won't happen. I'm a person, not a door mat.

What purpose would a "warning" have served before moving your thread? The link was automatically replaced with a redirect to the new address. Anyone who clicked on it was taken specifically to the thread's new location. So what is the problem here? The thread didn't vanish into thin air leaving everyone wondering what happened. It was still there, with the words "MOVED" right in front of it. It's on page 2 in this forum if you missed it the first time.

The thread is a game, that's what our games section is for. I understand your game is related to current results, and I'm sorry but that's not a reason for us to allow your game threads in this forum. What if ten other people start games related to results? What is the point of having a games section or any section for anything if everyone just posts their threads wherever they want? Is it hard to check the results in this forum and then use the forum jump menu at the bottom of every page and go directly to PAW? How many extra seconds does that take? Far fewer than launching a protest.

I think the main reason you're so upset is because having your threads in this forum draws more attention to your game and more players.

And instead of thinking what this site is doing to hinder your game, maybe you can consider that we are hosting it for you and gave you your very own forum for it. Really shameful right? Good grief.

How fucking ridiculous. I can't even express how little sense this makes. Oh wait now I get it. One thread completely fucks up the whole forum, and that's why it must be moved! It's obviously overcrowding this forum, that has cheeringt hreads for every one of the 128 players involved.....makes alot of sense! Good Job guys! Don't forget to tell us to shut up or you'll pull the plug on the board again! Emotional blackmail works so well!

K&J fan
Jan 21st, 2004, 09:30 PM
Indeed, very weird decision :rolleyes:

I wonder if we can expect an answer on the fact it took 99 tournaments (two years) before they decided to put it in the game-forum. Like PAW became only a game since it's 100th tourney :confused:

Or did it take the mods two year to acknowledge : "dam, that PAW-thingy is a freckin' game !" :p

Like said before, weird decision... :tape: