PDA

View Full Version : I know it's ATP but what the hell has happened to Hrbaty?

Yak
Jan 21st, 2004, 01:38 AM
He was crap since the 1999 French and then, bang! He is playing sooooooooo amazingly well! Did he change coach or I don't know??

skanky~skanketta
Jan 21st, 2004, 01:57 AM
experimentee will be glad to hear that.

Crazy Canuck
Jan 21st, 2004, 02:23 AM
I don't know anything about his coaching situation.

I'm not sure that I would say he was "crap", though. He's just very erratic. One day he'll beat Roddick, the next day he'll lose to John Smith. Thankfully, he's been playing up his potential the last couple weeks. Hopefully he keeps it up here and plays Andre in the QF. That said, I don't expect this consistency to last. He's done well on rebouncd ace before (2 Aukland titles, a final, and an AO qf), so it will be interesting to see if this translates to decent form on other continents.

vogus
Jan 21st, 2004, 03:41 AM
nah, the thread starter is right, Hrbaty's been terrible since '99 RG, when he almost beat Agassi in the semis. He hasn't been erratic, he's been consistently bad. Maybe he quit smoking dope or something. Have to see how he goes in this tournie.

Tennisfan-Mtl
Jan 21st, 2004, 03:42 AM
I'm also quite impressed by his latest results. What has he been eating ?? I wanna know the recipe :) ;)

VivalaSeles
Jan 21st, 2004, 04:23 AM
Playing good or bad, he usually always defeated Kafelnikov :sad: But I like him anyway ;) And wish him good luck at AO :)