PDA

View Full Version : Justine is not perfect.

Fingon
Feb 16th, 2002, 05:35 AM
Yes, she is my favourite tennis player.

She is my favourite because I love her game, I consider her one of the most talented tennis players ever and I love finesse.

Her game is specially nice to watch, specially the backhand and I also admire her determination to overcome adversity.

Said that. I don't know Justine Henin, I have never talked to her and probably never will, I don't know her friends or relatives, or her boyfriend and I don't know the story of her life except what was said in the press.

I presume she is a nice person, I presume she is shy, but I just don't know it.

And I know she isn't perfect. She has the best backhand and is probably the most talented player right now along with Martina, but she isn't the best player, I believe she can be in the future, but not now.

She looks fine to me, but being my favourite doesn't make her prettier than Anna or Babsi, she just isn't and all my bias toward her won't change that simple fact :rolleyes:

She doesn't have a better forehand than Lindsay just because she is my favourite, she doesn't (her backhand is better though :p )

She isn't the smartest person alive, in fact I have no clue how smart she is, but I won't assume she will learn 20 languages just because she plays tennis well, or that she would excel in maths as much as she does in tennis.

Well, the reason for this is that I find the many people truly believe their favourite are perfect, they can do no wrong, and they are the best in every aspect of life.

For Jennifer's fans she is the nicest player, for Monica's fans Monica is, for Venus fans she speaks 5 languages fluently, for Lindsay's fans Lindsay's personality is just perfect.

No harm on that if you like to live in denial but, that often leads to fights, if I don't say Serena has a best butt on earth, Serena fans want my head, if I don't say Anna is the pretiest, Anna fans will hate me (I hope you understand I am generalizing in purpose just to make a point).

I think it would be good if we learn to appreciate our favourites for what they are and stop idealizing them so much.

King Aaron
Feb 16th, 2002, 05:44 AM
wow ............ i can only say 1 thing
i like totally AGREE ........... i mean i like Jelena Martina n Serena
but that doesn me their perfect or the best so i think we all
should just aceppt certain things

Robbie.
Feb 16th, 2002, 05:53 AM
They are just people after all ;)...fallible like the rest of us ;)

doesn't stop us from idolizing them though :), they bring us a lot of joy (and tension ;))

rock on (imperfect) ladies of the WTA :)

Rollo
Feb 16th, 2002, 05:54 AM
I'm 100% with you Fingon:)

BTW-while Justine is struggling right now, I think she's doing the right thing by changing her serve. She may well be this years French Open "surprise".

Fingon
Feb 16th, 2002, 05:58 AM
Rollo, I don't exactly know what she is doing with her serve as I haven't seen her this year :mad: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :mad: with the great coverage we have in Canada :mad: :mad: :mad:

but I guess she needs to as her old serve definitely wasn't working.

About the French, she does have the talent to win it, the problem is the mental side, she seems to feel a lot of pressure there, maybe because of her french-belgian origen and what happened with her mother, we'll see, I do hope she is the "surprise" :)

Crazy Canuck
Feb 16th, 2002, 06:13 AM
Well I dont know about you Fingon, but i assure you - my favourite players are not only perfect - they walk on water :D

;)

irma
Feb 16th, 2002, 06:52 AM
My fav is transformed from supertennisplayer to supermom:p ;) :p ;)

jomar
Feb 16th, 2002, 08:26 AM
nobody's perfect; as fans, we only have great expectations.;):angel: :bounce: :kiss:

saki
Feb 16th, 2002, 09:50 AM
I agree 100%, Fingon. That's why I tend to say that I don't have "faves", because in the way that most posters interpret the word I don't. I like watching beautiful stylish tennis, whoever plays it. Of course there are some players I prefer to watch than others, but that's as far as it goes.

Nobody's perfect.

except for Natasha Zvereva ;)

veryborednow
Feb 16th, 2002, 10:02 AM
Justine is not perfect.

No-one is, that's what makes life so much fun :)

Justinator
Feb 16th, 2002, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Fingon
Rollo, I don't exactly know what she is doing with her serve as I haven't seen her this year :mad: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :mad: with the great coverage we have in Canada :mad: :mad: :mad:

but I guess she needs to as her old serve definitely wasn't working.

About the French, she does have the talent to win it, the problem is the mental side, she seems to feel a lot of pressure there, maybe because of her french-belgian origen and what happened with her mother, we'll see, I do hope she is the "surprise" :)

You haven't seen her yet this year? Didn't they broadcast her during the Australian Open? Well, I can tape you some matches and send them if you want that, of course it's the European video system, so you would have to convert it.

Fingon
Feb 16th, 2002, 02:50 PM
Sofie, it would be great, just let me know how to pay your or the postage and tapes :) Thanks :) :) :)

They did show the Justine Kim match, but I already knew the result and it was too depressing to watch it :sad: :sad: :sad:

Nothing from the other tournaments :mad: :fiery: :mad:

Ryan
Feb 16th, 2002, 03:16 PM
They only really show Grand Slams in Canada. Sometimes they'll show Indian Wells, but they show tourneys at the end of the year, like the final of moscow, linz, and the Sanex Xhampionships.

Playa
Feb 16th, 2002, 03:20 PM
I don't think JUSTINE's main weakness is her mental
any player has the same proplem...

imho if she was a Lill bit taller she would've been unstoppable

can you imagine a 6 foot Henin?...oh boy...

Bright Red
Feb 16th, 2002, 04:23 PM
Venus is perfect, and that's that:rolleyes:

Monica_Rules
Feb 16th, 2002, 04:31 PM
I have never said or do i believe that Monica is perfect!;) I don't think she is the best,the cleverest,has the most talent but to me she is MY FAV tennis player pure and simple!

harloo
Feb 16th, 2002, 04:40 PM
Sorry Fingon, Serena's butt is the best. lmao!!!:p Nah, I feel noone's fave is perfect. I don't mind criticism of my favorite, but their is no need to bash.................this thread is too funny!:p

destructo_girl
Feb 16th, 2002, 11:57 PM
I can't help it, Fingon. To me, Martina IS perfect.
She seems like a nice person, from when I see her, on and off court, on tv. In interviews, and articles.

I cannot help, but love her backhand. Its just her shot placement. You can't get past it.
I feel that Martina is the most talented, AND the best.

To me, Martina is beautiful. Just so, naturally.

I think Martina's forehand is amazing at times.

And to me, Martina IS the smartest person. And I know for a fact that she does know at least four languages. Okay, its not 20, but hey, give her time...;)

I cannot help idealising, I can never find anything wrong with Martina at all. Thats just me being a fanatic :rolleyes: , but its all so true!

VS Fan
Feb 17th, 2002, 12:48 AM
Well, I agree.

Serena is not perfect. Serena has issues like everyone else.

BUT!! Serena DOES have the BEST BUTT among other things!!!:)