PDA

View Full Version : One of these women will be a quarterfinalist:

LindsayRulez
Jan 20th, 2004, 11:32 PM
Kapros, Mandula, Zuluaga, Diaz-Oliva, Craybas, Jankovic

to face Mauresmo in the quarterfinals, and Amelie was mad about her seeding, pfffff........:rolleyes:

ToeTag
Jan 20th, 2004, 11:47 PM
Well I enjoy watching Mandula,Maleeva,Zuluaga...as for Kapros,if she has the same serve she had the last time I saw her play,I don't want to see her play again.Once was enough! Craybas is a snooze to watch as well.

I haven't seen Diaz-Oliva and Jankovic play.I agree when you see those names MOMO's complaining does seem funny now...sort of.Amelie is going to need better competition than that to be ready for the semi's :scared:

skanky~skanketta
Jan 21st, 2004, 01:53 AM
well, maggie is OUT of that list. :mad: :mad: :mad:

AnDyDog621
Jan 21st, 2004, 01:59 AM
i wonder if she is still gonna complain, btw no elena bovina in 4th round so her main threats to at least giving her a tough matches are going down and down

rightous
Jan 21st, 2004, 09:48 AM
My money is on Mandula (who has reached the Q-F of the FO) or Zuluga

Monica_Rules
Jan 21st, 2004, 10:15 AM
Mandula would probably be the best bet.She pushed Amelie to 7-6 in the third in dubai last year.

GoGoMaggie
Jan 21st, 2004, 10:18 AM
Maggie..you pathetic!

azza
Jan 21st, 2004, 10:22 AM
what a pettiful bunch of players :zzz:

SpikeyAidanm
Jan 21st, 2004, 11:02 AM
So either of Kapros/Mandula/Zuluaga/Craybas will play Molik/Schaul/Mauresmo/Medina in QF. hmmm

I would say a Mauresmo vs Kapros QF, but I want Molik there :p

rightous
Jan 21st, 2004, 11:43 AM
Good to see Medina back after a long time off due to injury

Rothes
Jan 21st, 2004, 11:48 AM
I would like to see Mandula, shes rising again and shes a good player, Kapros I woudln't mind seeing again, I heard her forehand is alot better then before.

alfonsojose
Jan 21st, 2004, 04:52 PM
Zuluaga.

lizchris
Jan 21st, 2004, 05:31 PM
It will either be Kapros or Mandula, with an edge to Mandula. Of all the players listed, they have played the best so far and they are the best players in the group listed.

Blazedboy
Jan 21st, 2004, 06:22 PM
how does Jill Craybas play?

Thierry's_Ladee
Jan 21st, 2004, 06:30 PM
I really hope Mandula makes it I think shes really cool!

Glenn
Jan 21st, 2004, 06:33 PM
Anna Smashnova-Pistolesi, but not as fast.

Glenn
Jan 21st, 2004, 06:37 PM
Mauresmo def. Medina Garrigues
Molik def. Schaul

Kapros def. Mandula
Zuluaga def. Craybas
-------------------------------
Mauresmo def. Molik

Kapros def. Zuluaga
-------------------------------
Kapros def. Mauresmo :p

Randy H
Jan 21st, 2004, 07:22 PM
I'd say Mandula is probably the favourite to reach the quarterfinals right now based on the fact that she's already been to a slam quarterfinal before and should be less intimidated by the opportunity.

Based on game I'd say Zuluaga is the favourite but she's never really had an exceptional slam run (best being a few 3rd rounds at Roland Garros and one at the US Open), so it's still very possible that Kapros and Craybas could through with nothing to lose as the underdogs right now.

LiliaLee-Frazier
Jan 21st, 2004, 08:16 PM

She is a TRUE journey woman whom i have mucho respect for..this is by far her greatest grand slam and will also put her back into the top 100 and almost assure her of competing in all 4 grand slams for the 2nd str8 year :bounce: :)

faboozadoo15
Jan 21st, 2004, 08:34 PM
i like mandula's chances... she puts in a consistent slam effort... she doesn't give up, and frankly, i think she's just better than a lot of these other players.