PDA

View Full Version : Can Kim win?

Sam L
Jan 20th, 2004, 11:32 PM
In her first match, she's hitting the ball with much more confidence than I've seen her last year, and she's taking much more chances, exactly what she needs to do.

She has a good draw until she plays Venus and if she wins Justine in the finals.

What do u think her chances are? If the injury stays away I think she can do it.

Hawk
Jan 20th, 2004, 11:36 PM
That's a mighty big If unfortunatly..I don't think the odds are in her favour for it to stay away thru the whole tournie :(

If it does though she is potentially dangerous ;)

Couver
Jan 20th, 2004, 11:47 PM
Well she dispatched Marlene relatively easily. So I would say her chances are good, I'm sure her trainers and whoever else is doing everything they can to minimize the effects of the injury.

Plus she looks very fit and motivated. I love the colour of her outfit :)

vs1
Jan 21st, 2004, 12:00 AM
Yes, Kim can win.

Diya
Jan 21st, 2004, 01:13 AM
Its great now because No one is expecting her to win , no one even gives her a chance of making the SF's let along beating the great Venus Williams. This IMO is the best thing that could have happened to her coz now Kim herself won't think too much about her chances and that will take all the pressure off her and maybe prevent her from choking against the players like Venus and/or Justine !

jrm
Jan 21st, 2004, 01:14 AM
She didn't impressed me in her first match. Lots of UE's which is unusal for her.

Siyasema
Jan 21st, 2004, 01:19 AM
Its great now because No one is expecting her to win , no one even gives her a chance of making the SF's let along beating the great Venus Williams. This IMO is the best thing that could have happened to her coz now Kim herself won't think too much about her chances and that will take all the pressure off her and maybe prevent her from choking against the players like Venus and/or Justine !

It's false that no one is giving Kim any chance to win, let alone against Venus who by the way I agree happens to be great. The order that many publications and tennis experts have the AO in is Justine first, with Kim second. Who isn't giving Kim a chance?

Even with that said, Kim will always have pressure on herself simply for that fact that she has yet proven that she can win a major like an Australian for instance.

SerialKiller#69
Jan 21st, 2004, 01:46 AM
I agree. The pressure has now shifted to Venus much more than Kim's.

Kart
Jan 21st, 2004, 02:13 AM
I saw some of Kim's match today. She's going to need to cut down on the errors a lot if she's going to beat Venus. She can win though if she holds it together mentally.

Rub
Jan 21st, 2004, 02:57 AM
don't jinx kim!

Melly Flew Us
Jan 21st, 2004, 03:09 AM
i think kim's errors were a result oh performance anxiety. her ankle responded +vely and thus her game improved (20 ue 1st set vs. 7 2nd).

further inspection will determine if venus' knee + ankle >= kim's ankle