PDA

View Full Version : Sevens pretend live coverage

anthonyqld
Jan 21st, 2004, 12:25 AM
Seven crossed "live" to Vodafone arena to cover the condlusion of the Stosur-Kapros match. Came in at 6-3 3-0 to Kapros. The match was already over at that point. I don't care if they want to show it delayed by a short period, but it pisses me off when they say it's live.

Rtael
Jan 21st, 2004, 12:27 AM
Welcome to the World of ESPN!

PointBlank
Jan 21st, 2004, 12:31 AM
Welcome to the World of ESPN!OMG! So true :lol:

TS
Jan 21st, 2004, 12:34 AM
I don't like the fact that Sam didn't even win the match, yet they still felt they needed to show some of it.

:rolleyes:

Sam L
Jan 21st, 2004, 12:42 AM
I'm happy with the coverage so far. As long as they balance the male/female matches well I'm happy.

~ The Leopard ~
Jan 21st, 2004, 01:00 AM
The bastards only showed the last few games of Amelie's match. Amelie was evidently on fire in the first set, in which she bagelled Cervanova. I'd have liked to have seen that. :fiery:

The time delay and the pretense of being live happens all the time. I'm used to it.

Penne1
Jan 21st, 2004, 01:10 AM
So long as we get FULL coverage of ALL of Andre's matches I am happy

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Top Job Channel Seven...... NOT!

I just hope they have the brains to go the Molik match live if it is still running when the coverage starts at 8.30pm tonight rather than just show the last 20 mins like they did last night with Kim's match so they could squeeze in the last set of Dim Tim's match. After Mark's match had finished last night they had MORE than enough time to show Kim's match in full but no we didn't even see a full set did we???

And this 7.30pm featured men's match on the Margaret Court Arena is pissing me off - why not feature a women's match???

~ The Leopard ~
Jan 21st, 2004, 01:15 AM
What pisses me off is all the yack, yacking. A little while ago they came back from an ad break, yack, yacked, yacked for ten minutes, then took another ad break with SEVEN ads before they finally showed some tennis. :rolleyes:

It's not like nothing interesting was happening on the courts.

Greenout
Jan 21st, 2004, 01:23 AM
:haha:

I had all of AM live from Rod Laver, then a fakey "Svetlana can she serve it
out" delayed coverage from the second set for 15 minutes. Now it's back
on real time to Agassi on RLA.

GoDominique
Jan 21st, 2004, 01:45 AM
Yes, it's pathetic. TV just doesn't react to the "new" technologies (livescores etc.) and doesn't realise it's making a fool of itself. :rolleyes:

Melly Flew Us
Jan 21st, 2004, 03:41 AM
i dunno wot hapened last yr but so far british eurosport show pure live tennis til approx 7am then start again @ 8:30.

however, yesterday they broadcast 8 men's matches vs. 2 women's.

Melly Flew Us
Jan 21st, 2004, 03:43 AM
and right now i'm forced 2 cheer 4 roddick coz they prob won't switch 2 justine til the end.

pReUrBrIyN
Jan 21st, 2004, 03:50 AM
At least you guys don't live in Canada where they show Tennis at 3:30 and says it live when they are just showing the day session

tennnisfannn
Jan 21st, 2004, 01:50 PM
I couldn't believe channel 7 chose to only show molik's match from the second set and 2/1. It wasn't even live now we are stuck with the men's match which is still not live on the west coast and even included the warm up sessions.

anthonyqld
Jan 21st, 2004, 01:54 PM
It wasn't even live now we are stuck with the men's match which is still not live on the west coast and even included the warm up sessions.

Or QLD due to lack of daylight savings here.

Smash
Jan 21st, 2004, 09:35 PM
Aww. Quit your bitchin! At least you got Hingis. I have to endure ESPN, the Andre an Andy show. If you only had ESPN, you wouldn't even know that there was such a thing as womens tennis.