PDA

View Full Version : oh my God... what a disastrous day it has been so far...

tenn_ace
Jan 19th, 2004, 01:32 AM
two of the top Russian girls are out... should have won THOSE matches...

Bovina is down 2 breaks to :devil: (of all people)

Davydenko is down 2 sets... Andreev squandered an oppportunity to finish it off and now down a break in 4th. Tursunov is almost out.

that's what I call depressing :fiery: :o

goldenlox
Jan 19th, 2004, 01:35 AM
And it's all happening in the first hours of a two week major.

petrova-fan
Jan 19th, 2004, 01:39 AM
what a horrorfull day :sad:

I don't find the right words for that all!

the cat
Jan 19th, 2004, 02:01 AM
I know it's only tennis. And tennis isn't really important in the scheme of things in life. But this is a Russian opening day of a grand slam disaster beyond my worst expectaions. :( And I'm negative by nature. Day one of the 2004 Australian open isn't even over yet so more Russians could lose today.

I'm shocked and concerned with the losses of Elena Dementieva and Nadia Petrova. :eek: Elena hasn't played well since last september and has lost in the first round of Oz for the second straight year to a journeyman player. And that is unacceptable to me. I don't know what to say about Petrova's loss except that her opponent Aniko Kapros can be a tough player. And today she was.

goldenlox
Jan 19th, 2004, 02:10 AM
With Nadia missing Canberra, and drawing a good player, I knew that was possible.
Elena losing 1 & 4 is a disappointment. If Lena loses, then it's a disaster.

ys
Jan 19th, 2004, 02:23 AM
So our men also-runs are out. On Kolya comes back from two sets down and is up a break in the decider already. And Elena is just about to level it against Sandra. I hope we will get these two. And Then Misha and Marat. Maybe Alinka.

bubble
Jan 19th, 2004, 02:30 AM
Elena :fiery: :sad:

Nadia :sad:

Just hope that no more of the gals will follow the same foot-steps for the next few days...

Keith17
Jan 19th, 2004, 03:34 AM
HUGE disappointment for Elena and Nadya!

One of them was virtually a lock for the QF... and now this.

I know Vera won and Lena won... but there's no way in heck they're getting past the 4th round.

Russian Roulette won't be a happy place these 2 weeks.

goldenlox
Jan 19th, 2004, 03:37 AM
If Nastya gets to the round of 16, this will be a very happy place.
I promise you that.

the cat
Jan 19th, 2004, 03:47 AM
That's a big if, GL. If you know what I mean. ;)

That's a sensational come from behind win for Davydenko over Clement. :bounce:

Unfortunaltely Youzhny is down 2 sets to Grosjean. One year ago Youzhny's career looked so promising. Now he's just another solid pro struggling to reach his potemtial. That match he lost to Roddick at last year Australian Open sent him into a tailspin that he hasn't yet recovered from. :(

ALPHA
Jan 19th, 2004, 03:50 AM
If Nastya gets to the round of 16, this will be a very happy place.
I promise you that.
I don't know, if this will be a happy place then - but I do know that I will be very happy person, if Myskina advances to 4th Rd here (looking at the section of the draw ... but psshhhh ... :devil: )

Keith17
Jan 19th, 2004, 03:52 AM
It wouldn't surprise me to see Nastya lose to Arvidsson now... :sad:

Masha won't lose until at least the 3rd round... she's proven she can beat the Tier 3 players. Granados, that Aussie chick, and the other loser aren't even Tier 6 material.

goldenlox
Jan 19th, 2004, 03:55 AM
That Nastya/Maria match will happen. Some things are inevitable.
If Nastya wins, I have lots to say.

Keith17
Jan 19th, 2004, 03:59 AM
It's about time for Masha to beat a top 10 player.

goldenlox
Jan 19th, 2004, 04:02 AM
She beat Elena in Birmingham. It's time for Nastya to have a big major.

Keith17
Jan 19th, 2004, 04:05 AM
Elena wasn't top 10 then.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Jan 19th, 2004, 04:06 AM
That Nastya/Maria match will happen. Some things are inevitable.
If Nastya wins, I have lots to say.
What are you going to say?

goldenlox
Jan 19th, 2004, 04:07 AM
Picky, picky. Let me enjoy the days before the match.
Wait until they play.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Jan 19th, 2004, 08:50 AM
Wait until they play.
I'm right here waiting!

the cat
Jan 19th, 2004, 05:57 PM
Marat Safin won in 4 sets and that's good news. :) Russian tennis fans can always use some good news. ;) Especially after the dissapointing day one at the 2004 Austrlaian Open.

Mathijs
Jan 19th, 2004, 06:58 PM
We can only hope now that Nastya, Dinara, Lina, Lena B., Masha and the other Russinas will have a good tournament :unsure: ;) :D . And some good results for the russian men as well then we will be all happy again! :) GO Girls!!!