PDA

View Full Version : Maleeva in the Quarters??

Foot_Fault
Jan 19th, 2004, 12:58 AM
The draw has just been EXTRA-NICE to Maggie...she has a shot to play Amelie in the Quarters. What are her cHances....with Petrova and Dementieva gone...she's a clear shot.

manuelanmaggielover
Jan 19th, 2004, 01:02 AM
hope so

TOMMYKA
Jan 19th, 2004, 01:22 AM
Sorry but I think Petra Mandula will beat Manuela...

TOMMYKA
Jan 19th, 2004, 01:27 AM
Sorry, I'm so tired of course against Magdalena!

Elvira
Jan 19th, 2004, 01:38 AM
Well, as I mentioned in the other thread, she lost 6-0 6-0 to Conchita last week, so that doesn't make her chances look good. She usually doesn't fare very well in slams, either. However, strangers things have happened, so who knows.

anthonyqld
Jan 19th, 2004, 01:55 AM
Mauresmo won't make it to the QF. She'll see her draw wide open up, and then collapse mentally like she always does.

Nadi and Elena losing was the last thing Amelie wanted.

Maleeva or Stosur I say will make it to the QF

Doraemon
Jan 19th, 2004, 02:17 AM
Mauresmo won't make it to the QF. She'll see her draw wide open up, and then collapse mentally like she always does.

Nadi and Elena losing was the last thing Amelie wanted.

Maleeva or Stosur I say will make it to the QF

It doesn't matter whether Amelie reaches the QFs as they are in different Quarters. I don't think Amelie fails to reach there by the way but only to lose to Maggie there I predict.

anthonyqld
Jan 19th, 2004, 02:22 AM
It doesn't matter whether Amelie reaches the QFs as they are in different Quarters

They are in the same quarter

Doraemon
Jan 19th, 2004, 02:28 AM
Oh right, right.. I meant they aren't supposed to face until the QFs. so Momo's performance won't affect Maggie's chance of making the QFs.

Kart
Jan 19th, 2004, 02:40 AM
Could this be Maggie's second QF appearance ???

I'm not holding my breath I'm afraid :o.

Still, it's a great opportunity.

anthonyqld
Jan 19th, 2004, 02:43 AM
Oh right, right.. I meant they aren't supposed to face until the QFs. so Momo's performance won't affect Maggie's chance of making the QFs.

You're right. I read the draw wrong.

samhatz
Jan 19th, 2004, 10:41 AM
Sam will beat Maggie anyhow~

crazillo
Jan 19th, 2004, 04:57 PM
maggie has a good chance...

Habsudovafan
Jan 19th, 2004, 05:00 PM
Aniko will be in the quarters.

nitsansh
Jan 19th, 2004, 05:55 PM
I think the winner between Stosur and Kapros will take out Maleeva in the 3rd, then whoever she meets in the 4th.
Mauresmo is not a sure winner of her 4th round bracket. Molik (who is going to take out Hantuchova in round 2) could be a tough opponent on home ground.

crazillo
Jan 19th, 2004, 06:51 PM
I think the winner between Stosur and Kapros will take out Maleeva in the 3rd, then whoever she meets in the 4th.
Mauresmo is not a sure winner of her 4th round bracket. Molik (who is going to take out Hantuchova in round 2) could be a tough opponent on home ground.

don´t agree with you. molik isn´t that good people make her. i think she´s a way better on clay..... molik lost to players ranked aboved her mostly, like maleeva two times. kapros - maleeva would be a match wher i see little advantages for kapros, but stosur is not that problem for maggie... i am sure she watched the match with sugiyama in gold coast and has a good tactivc against her.

Keith17
Jan 19th, 2004, 07:15 PM
Molik won't get past the 3rd round... she's way overrated on this board. Bovina's owned her both times they played last fall.

There's no reason Maggie shouldn't get to the QF... only Kapros has talent comparable to her. But, Maggie isn't the most consistent player, and she loses to people she should beat quite often.

patricktav2003
Jan 20th, 2004, 03:43 PM
Maleeva have a really good shot for the quarters !!!!!!!!:)
but still a difficult draw with tricky players

©@®eLess
Jan 20th, 2004, 07:14 PM
i think you all forgot about jankovic!! Last year Jelena played a really tough match in fed cup with maleeva- she lost. But it's different story now. She beat Dementieva, and she wants even more of this tournament. Don't forget her.

JackFrost
Jan 23rd, 2004, 06:36 PM
Well, where is Maggie now? Quaterfinalist...:rolleyes:

crazillo
Jan 24th, 2004, 12:39 PM
magie is out... i think her mental side is top-200, he game top-10!