PDA

View Full Version : Which player would benefit most from a sports psychologist?

Keith
Feb 15th, 2002, 08:17 PM
Do you think they work, too? So often, athletes use these psychologists. They seem to be a designer drug for athletes. I heard about athletes using them several times during the Olympics

Bright Red
Feb 15th, 2002, 08:27 PM
Anna K.

Barrie_Dude
Feb 15th, 2002, 08:31 PM
Momo! Just to help her focus! Get her confidence up! She is not crazy! I just wish I could say as much for "The Momosapiens"

irma
Feb 15th, 2002, 08:36 PM
I vote for Justine, I think she needs to relax on court a little more!

Keith
Feb 15th, 2002, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Bright Red
Anna K.

I think the doctor would benefit most by sitting in front of Anna, hehe.

Sonja
Feb 15th, 2002, 08:56 PM
Amelie is already working with a sports shrink!

I am glad of this!

*shoots Barrie in the head for calling us crazy http://www.freakygamers.com/smilies/s2/contrib/ed/SMILEYEdSHOT.gif*

MLF
Feb 15th, 2002, 09:01 PM
I voted other.
Two players totally spring to mind when it comes to needing to get their heads sorted it out for the tennis courts:

Mirjana Lucic
Patty Schnyder

Two great talents whose minds do more harm than good on the tennis court these days. However, with Patty in the Antwerp semis and Mirjana in the maindraw for Memphis next week hopefully this will all be changing for the better.

*Izzy*
Feb 15th, 2002, 09:06 PM
Interesting....

I was looking into sports psychology as a future career!

*wishes she was Momo's shrink*

griffin
Feb 15th, 2002, 09:27 PM
Oh, wait - a SPORTS shrink...hmmm, I may need to change my vote ;)

And Frey, bonking your patients is unethical. You may wish to rethink your position :D

Barrie_Dude
Feb 15th, 2002, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by griffin
Oh, wait - a SPORTS shrink...hmmm, I may need to change my vote ;)

And Frey, bonking your patients is unethical. You may wish to rethink your position :D

Ohhhhhh? And Bonking Your Partner While Thinking Of Momo Isn't? Hmmmmmmmm????

*Izzy*
Feb 15th, 2002, 09:37 PM
Lol@ Griffin!:wavey:

Hmmm, my position....

Ok, I won't write what I was just about to...;)

griffin
Feb 15th, 2002, 09:45 PM
Well as my mother always says "Position is everything in life" :angel:

fyi, I like Jenny fan's analogy - they do start to seem like ritalin: necessity for some, overprescribed for others.

tennisfreak
Feb 15th, 2002, 09:47 PM
Definitely Elena Likhovtseva :o

destructo_girl
Feb 15th, 2002, 09:54 PM
Capriati.

Jessica02
Feb 15th, 2002, 09:54 PM
6 months ago i would have voted martina
But now I think Anna would benefit most from seeing a sports psycologist because she has a mental hurdle stopping her from winning a tittle. A HUGE hurdle!

veryborednow
Feb 15th, 2002, 09:58 PM
Tina - jeez, after those 4 match points! :eek: :eek: :eek: she needs some kinda help there ..

RockSteady
Feb 15th, 2002, 09:58 PM
You Mauresmo fans have way too many in-jokes.

Cassius
Feb 16th, 2002, 12:20 AM
Hey tennis freak,
not Elena LIKHOVTSEVA, Elena DEMENTIEVA!!!!!!!
She needs a shrink more than anyone ever (exept perhaps Hitler, I think he has one or two issues from his childhood (Ha ha ha LOL).

RYNJ
Feb 16th, 2002, 12:26 AM
OTHERS: I think QUEENLINDSAY would, when she gets one, just maybe she won't be such a poor sport!!:p :rolleyes:

Kart
Feb 16th, 2002, 12:53 AM
They'd all benefit from sports psychologists.

Justinator
Feb 16th, 2002, 01:06 AM
Uhm, Justine already has a sports psychologist.

auntie janie
Feb 16th, 2002, 01:14 AM
Justinator, I did not know that! That is good to know! I did know about Amelie; she mentions it on her site. These two intelligent players see what they need and then attack it! No wonder we love them so! :hearts: :hearts:

Justinator
Feb 16th, 2002, 01:34 AM
She started working with a sports spychologist after Roland Garros last year. :)

Williams Rulez
Feb 16th, 2002, 01:30 PM
Momo and Anna and Iva!!

What is Monica doing on this list anyway?? :confused:

Tatiana Panova
Feb 18th, 2002, 12:33 PM
I would have to say Elena Dementieva. She needs to learn when to hit the ball hard and when to rally.

Anna definitely needs one again just to stay in a rally, and have that killer instinct.

I think that Mary sorted out her problem of hitting the ball too hard and going for krazy shots.

Martina needs one too.

Mark43
Feb 18th, 2002, 03:37 PM
I would say everyone on the tour, seriously!

But then again if everyone had the confidence of, say, Chris Evert, the game might be boring. I have always gravitated to players who are a bit psychologically fragile (Goolagong, Sabatini, Mandlikova, Novotna). It makes it more dramatic as it gets down to the wire in a match...always thinking "are they going to be able to close out this match or are they going to fall apart?".