PDA

View Full Version : If you could be anything


Mark43
Apr 16th, 2003, 11:42 PM
you wanted to be, would you be a successful tennis player? Okay, it is fantasy time but I just had another dreadful job interview and they actually asked that question! I said I would be a number one ranked tennis pro with all 4 slam titles under my belt (and more to come!). They had no clue what i was talking about!

Often times when no one is looking I practice my perfect Steffi slice backhand or whippet forehand. Steffi is always the model even though I detested her until 1997 (uh, surgery and absence make the heart grow fonder...and quite sentimental).

Being a professional tennis player is the only true dream I have ever really had. Of course I am 36 and you need to be around 6 to start!

I love design and motion graphics. i went back to college for a second degree to pursue design, but tennis is my only true 'passionate' love.

What about you guys?

Oh, by the way i also had to take a computerized 'personality' test during the interview (it was kinda freaky corporate). I scored very high and I think they are going to offer me the job.

I think I will pass on it. Oops!

:wavey:

Car Key Boi
Apr 16th, 2003, 11:49 PM
what job do yuo apply for?

Mark43
Apr 16th, 2003, 11:57 PM
Oh, a graphic design/marketing position in Fort Lauderdale....yawn!

I do freelance right now...so I am basically unemployed.

Thank god my partner is a surgeon! ;)

Car Key Boi
Apr 17th, 2003, 12:04 AM
best of luck with getting the job dude

as to yuor question

if i could be anything i wanted, i'd choose to be a Flushing Meadow parking lot attendant who's in charge of all the players rides

SCRAAAAATCH! :D

auntie janie
Apr 17th, 2003, 01:08 AM
I would be the official priest who accompanies the ATP & WTA Tours around the world. Then I would listen to the confessions of all the players, and post what they said on this board. :D

Leena
Apr 17th, 2003, 01:33 AM
I have my dream job... data entry, where I get paid $12 an hour to type 25% of the time, and play online the other 75%.

Actually, that's not my dream job...

I'm planning to hook up with some rich guy, so I don't have to work another day in my life.

Sam L
Apr 17th, 2003, 01:36 AM
Good Luck with your job Mark :) But tennis is not my dream job :) I think I would be a tennis player only if I was really good and collect quite a bit of prizemoney and then leave to pursue other goals; but I wouldn't want to try and make a living from it.

auntie janie
Apr 17th, 2003, 01:38 AM
I'm planning to hook up with some rich guy, so I don't have to work another day in my life.

Always a good plan! Personal ambition as a character trait is vastly overrated, I've always thought. :D (or at least it is in the USA)
Don't overlook the not-yet-rich-but-on-his-way guy, either. The line of eager ladies will be shorter. ;)

auntie janie
Apr 17th, 2003, 01:39 AM
And Mark, don't take that job. It doesn't sound like you like it. :)

Leena
Apr 17th, 2003, 01:40 AM
Always a good plan! Personal ambition as a character trait is overrated, I've always thought. :D
Don't overlook the not-yet-rich-but-on-his-way guy, either. The line of eager ladies will be shorter. ;)
Feh... those are the only guys I can get now, since I'm college trash.

The line of eager ladies is no problem, however... I'm prettier than 99% of them, and the other 1%, I can just step on.

Sam L
Apr 17th, 2003, 01:41 AM
Don't overlook the not-yet-rich-but-on-his-way guy, either. The line of eager ladies will be shorter. ;)

Possibly the best advice I've read on this board ;) lol

auntie janie
Apr 17th, 2003, 01:45 AM
The line of eager ladies is no problem, however... I'm prettier than 99% of them, and the other 1%, I can just step on.

Perfect! With your Looks, which will be all he cares about, and his dollars, which is all YOU care about, it will be a marriage made in heaven! :angel:

Leena
Apr 17th, 2003, 01:54 AM
Perfect! With your Looks, which will be all he cares about, and his dollars, which is all YOU care about, it will be a marriage made in heaven! :angel:
Damn straight! :)