PDA

View Full Version : How Monica can still overtake Graf's 22 Slam Count


Tennis Fool
Feb 26th, 2003, 12:25 AM
Monica should look on the success of Martina I and start her doubles career. I'm not kidding! It may be a late start, but as time in the next few years ebbs her singles wins, she can start contesting in doubles. She won't need the movement, and her groundies are still the best. She just needs to couple with one of these upandcoming Bridesmaids, who have a serve and volley game.

Or maybe even Kournikova?

Can you see it? Kournikova/Seles Doubles Grand Slam Champs, 2004!

baleineau
Feb 26th, 2003, 12:33 AM
tennis fool is an apt username

Tennis Fool
Feb 26th, 2003, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by baleineau
tennis fool is an apt username

Bashing my username says more about you than me;)

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 26th, 2003, 02:25 AM
Seles/Kournikova :hearts: I WISH!! THEY'VE PLAYED TOGETHER BEFORE I WISH THEY'D DO IT AGAIN!!! I REALLY WISH!!

MONICA/ANNA :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Tennis Fool
Feb 26th, 2003, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by dlandy22
Seles/Kournikova :hearts: I WISH!! THEY'VE PLAYED TOGETHER BEFORE I WISH THEY'D DO IT AGAIN!!! I REALLY WISH!!

MONICA/ANNA :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

When was this? How did they fare?

Hurley
Feb 26th, 2003, 02:48 AM
They won a title...Princess Cup '98.

Tennis Fool
Feb 26th, 2003, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by Hurley
They won a title...Princess Cup '98.

Monica--get Kournikova on the phone, quick!

kku
Feb 26th, 2003, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by Tennis Fool
Monica should look on the success of Martina I and start her doubles career. I'm not kidding! It may be a late start, but as time in the next few years ebbs her singles wins, she can start contesting in doubles. She won't need the movement, and her groundies are still the best. She just needs to couple with one of these upandcoming Bridesmaids, who have a serve and volley game.

Or maybe even Kournikova?

Can you see it? Kournikova/Seles Doubles Grand Slam Champs, 2004!

I agree. Monica's got less than 10 doubles titles and that doesn't do any justice to her talent.

Anyway, Monica should've paired up with Arantxa as a permanant doubles partner years ago - imagine how many doubles titles they would've captured.

Now, Monica should either pair up with Iva Majoli or Mary Pierce or Lindsay Davenport. All three have experience in doubles while Monica has talent. So it's a plausible combination.

Tennis Fool
Feb 26th, 2003, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by kku
I agree. Monica's got less than 10 doubles titles and that doesn't do any justice to her talent.

Anyway, Monica should've paired up with Arantxa as a permanant doubles partner years ago - imagine how many doubles titles they would've captured.

Now, Monica should either pair up with Iva Majoli or Mary Pierce or Lindsay Davenport. All three have experience in doubles while Monica has talent. So it's a plausible combination.

Two divas battling for #1 in singles play would've never have paired up (unless, they are sisters, of course). Maybe Iva or Mary--but not Lindsay. Lindsay's game is way too baseliner-heavy. Monica needs someone who has a more all-around game. Patty Schnyder? No...she's a headcase. Lisa Raymond? No...we have to think younger...Yelena Dokic???

kku
Feb 26th, 2003, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by Tennis Fool
Two divas battling for #1 in singles play would've never have paired up (unless, they are sisters, of course). Maybe Iva or Mary--but not Lindsay. Lindsay's game is way too baseliner-heavy. Monica needs someone who has a more all-around game. Patty Schnyder? No...she's a headcase. Lisa Raymond? No...we have to think younger...Yelena Dokic???

No, no, no:eek:

I like Jelena, but she's uncomfortable at the net. I remember a match she played in Wimbledon and she didn't venture to the net one single bit - and that match was a three-setter.

Monica needs not only an experienced doubles player, but also one who's extremely comfortable at the net. From what I remember, Monica admitted that volleying is her least favourite aspect of the game.

So go Monica-Iva!!!!!!!!!!!

fammmmedspin
Feb 26th, 2003, 04:08 AM
23? viva Gabi

Philbo
Feb 26th, 2003, 04:31 AM
She gets injured enough just playing singles, let alone adding more to her schedule!!