PDA

View Full Version : *Anna Kournikova* vs. Raymond or Husarova


WhatTheDeuce
Jan 5th, 2003, 07:23 AM
Since Koukalova and Barabanschikova are already playing against other players, we now know Anna will face either Lisa Raymond or Janette Husarova.

H2H vs Raymond:

Anna Kournikova leads 1-0 (1999 straight set win)

H2H vs Husarova:

Anna Kournikova leads 1-0 (2002 straight set win)

This is a good sign for Anna!!!

JUST WIN BABY!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Yak
Jan 5th, 2003, 07:29 AM
Against Lisa: Anna's aggressive return game will be tough for Lisa(if Anna shows up :rolleyes: )

Against Janette: She has no weapons to hurt Anna with!

In both match, it would be up to Anna to win or lose!

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 5th, 2003, 07:38 AM
Against Lisa: Lisa hasn't played well of late and is aging. If Anna shows up, she will win easily.

Prediction: Anna def Lisa 6-4, 6-3

Against Janette: On clay last year Anna won this matchup in two sets. Plus Husarova has no weapons and can be inconsistent at times. Again, if Anna shows up, she should win...

Prediction: Anna def. Janette 7-6, 6-2

For some reason I would rather she play against Raymond than Husarova!

Yak
Jan 5th, 2003, 07:39 AM
me too

fhkung
Jan 5th, 2003, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by dlandy22
Against Lisa: Lisa hasn't played well of late and is aging. If Anna shows up, she will win easily.

Prediction: Anna def Lisa 6-4, 6-3

Against Janette: On clay last year Anna won this matchup in two sets. Plus Husarova has no weapons and can be inconsistent at times. Again, if Anna shows up, she should win...

Prediction: Anna def. Janette 7-6, 6-2

For some reason I would rather she play against Raymond than Husarova!
the weapon that Janette is none others than consistency,
unlike Raymond, who prefers faster surfaces,
i would rather see Anna taking on Raymond too,
Janette is too consistent for Anna, and u dont have to be to beat her,
remember her performance in US Open last yr?
so hopefully Raymond is the one she's facing

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 5th, 2003, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by fhkung
the weapon that Janette is none others than consistency,
unlike Raymond, who prefers faster surfaces,
i would rather see Anna taking on Raymond too,
Janette is too consistent for Anna, and u dont have to be to beat her,
remember her performance in US Open last yr?
so hopefully Raymond is the one she's facing

dont you realize that anna beat janette last year on clay when anna wasnt even playing well!!!!! in straight sets also...

wilson-dunlop
Jan 5th, 2003, 07:51 AM
Both player will give Anna all she can handle and possibly beat her.

Raymond def. Kournikova 6-4, 6-4
Husarova def. Kournikova 6-2, 7-5

fhkung
Jan 5th, 2003, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by dlandy22
dont you realize that anna beat janette last year on clay when anna wasnt even playing well!!!!! in straight sets also...
that's right, but when Anna is off, she's really off,
and clay specialists love this kinda players,
but good luck to Anna nonetheless,
just do well, no matter Lisa or Janette,
but i prefer Lisa coz more QP....:)

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 5th, 2003, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by wilson-dunlop
Both player will give Anna all she can handle and possibly beat her.

Raymond def. Kournikova 6-4, 6-4
Husarova def. Kournikova 6-2, 7-5


lol ya right...

wilson-dunlop
Jan 5th, 2003, 08:06 AM
You Kournikova fan are wayyyyy too confident! She never wins anything and you always say that she is going to beat everyone in straight sets! Look what happened against Widjaja in the 1st round at the US Open where Anna got killed 6-3 / 6-0 and you guys were saying that she would easily beat Angie and hahaha! The same thing against Smashnova at Auckland and a little later in the Shanghai final!

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 5th, 2003, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by wilson-dunlop
You Kournikova fan are wayyyyy too confident! She never wins anything and you always say that she is going to beat everyone in straight sets! Look what happened against Widjaja in the 1st round at the US Open where Anna got killed 6-3 / 6-0 and you guys were saying that she would easily beat Angie and hahaha! The same thing against Smashnova at Auckland and a little later in the Shanghai final!

she plays very badly sometimes....those matches are just a few bad matches...i beleive anna will win against either of these two players...she has beaten both of them in straight sets before and has never lost to either...i think we have reason to be confident...and i think anna and harold have been working and anna has probably been improving...that being said, i think anna will be just fine...

wilson-dunlop
Jan 5th, 2003, 08:08 AM
oh and let's not forget Ruano-Pascual two defeats of Kournikova this year while everyone were saying that Anna would easily kick Vivi's ass and look what happened = two straight sets defeat for miss Pin-up(i had too)!

And I almost forgot Pisnik! Same blablabla!

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 5th, 2003, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by wilson-dunlop
oh and let's not forget Ruano-Pascual two defeats of Kournikova this year while everyone were saying that Anna would easily kick Vivi's ass and look what happened = two straight sets defeat for miss Pin-up(i had too)!

And I almost forgot Pisnik! Same blablabla!

relax...stop attacking anna...

fhkung
Jan 5th, 2003, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by wilson-dunlop
oh and let's not forget Ruano-Pascual two defeats of Kournikova this year while everyone were saying that Anna would easily kick Vivi's ass and look what happened = two straight sets defeat for miss Pin-up(i had too)!

And I almost forgot Pisnik! Same blablabla!
like i said, when Anna is off, she's really off,
dont forget that Ruano Pascual is the same girl
who beat Hingis in Wimbledon 01, who was #1 at the time,
and like i said, clay specialists love off players,
try reaching SF in Wimbies.....well, she cant, so there.

Nicky2002
Jan 5th, 2003, 08:39 AM
No war.....

Good luck to everybody. How's that?


_____________________
Yeah, I love Tim "Tam"

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 5th, 2003, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Nicky2002
No war.....

Good luck to everybody. How's that?


_____________________
Yeah, I love Tim "Tam"

i agree

Gowza
Jan 5th, 2003, 08:45 AM
good luck anna

SerialKiller#69
Jan 5th, 2003, 01:37 PM
these predictions make me nervous...

From what I've seen in Lisa vs Rubin match(US Open), Lisa plays consistently and waits for a good moment to smack a winner. She loves to hit backhand slices, and won't allow her opponent to have a rhythm. I think she has the game to upset Anna's style. She wouldn't be expecting Lisa to hand errors for her so she must have to compete, as in really compete well.

But still, Anna def Raymond ~ 7-5, 7-5

coli
Jan 5th, 2003, 01:45 PM
I think Raymond def. Anna 6-4, 6-1:confused:

Meesh
Jan 5th, 2003, 02:03 PM
according to their website it will be Husarova.