AMANDA YOU ARE MY Hero
well not really
WEll maybe you are
Dec 30th, 2002, 09:36 AM
GO AMANDA... you're the best ....
Dec 31st, 2002, 08:09 PM
BUMP and a joke ....
A Scottish tourist attended his first baseball game in the US and after a base hit he hears the fans roaring "Run....Run!" The next batter connects heavily with the ball and the Scotsman stands up and roars with the crowd in his thick accent: "R-r-run ya bahstard, r-run will ya!" A third batter hits a slam and again the Scotsman, obviously pleased with his knowledge of the game, screams "R-r-run ya bahstard, r-r-run will ya!" The next batter steadfastly holds his swing four times and as the ump calls a walk the Scotsman stands up and yells "R-r-run ya bahstard, r-r-run!" All the surrounding fans giggle quietly and he sits down confused. A friendly fan, sensing his embarrassment, whispers to the Scotsman, "He doesn't have to run, he's got four balls." After this explanation the Scotsman stands up in disbelief and screams, "Walk with pr-r-ride man! Walk with pr-r-ride!!!!"
Dec 31st, 2002, 08:13 PM
JUST FOR FUN ...
BECAUSE AMANDA'S DAD IS A LAWYER AND PAST PRESIDENT OF THE SOUTH AFRICAN LAW SOCIETY ...
Reported in the Massachusetts Bar Association Lawyers Journal, the following are questions actually asked of witnesses by attorneys during trials and, in certain cases, the responses given by insightful witnesses:
1. "Now doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in his sleep, he doesn't know about it until the next morning?"
2. "The youngest son, the twenty-year old, how old is he?"
3. "Were you present when your picture was taken?"
4. "Were you alone or by yourself?"
5. "Was it you or your younger brother who was killed in the war?"
6. "Did he kill you?"
7. "How far apart were the vehicles at the time of the collision?"
8. "You were there until the time you left, is that true?"
9. "How many times have you committed suicide?"
10. Q: "So the date of conception (of the baby) was August 8th?"
Q: "And what were you doing at that time?"
11. Q: "She had three children, right?"
Q: "How many were boys?"
Q: "Were there any girls?"
12. Q: "You say the stairs went down to the basement?"
Q: "And these stairs, did they go up also?"
13. Q: "Mr. Slatery, you went on a rather elaborate honeymoon, didn't you?
A: "I went to Europe, sir."
Q: "And you took your new wife?"
14. Q: "How was your first marriage terminated?"
A: "By death."
Q: "And by whose death was it terminated?"
15. Q: "Can you describe the individual?"
A: "He was about medium height and had a beard."
Q: "Was this a male or female?"
16. Q: "Is your appearance here this morning pursuant to a deposition notice which I sent to your attorney?"
A: "No, this is how I dress when I go to work."
17. Q: "Doctor, how many autopsies have you performed on dead people?"
A: "All my autopsies are performed on dead people."
18. Q: "All your responses must be oral, OK? What school did you go to?"
19. Q: "Do you recall the time that you examined the body?"
A: "The autopsy started around 8:30 p.m."
Q: "And Mr. Dennington was dead at the time?"
A: "No, he was sitting on the table wondering why I was doing an autopsy."
20. Q: "You were not shot in the fracas?"
A: "No, I was shot midway between the fracas and the naval."
21. Q: "Are you qualified to give a urine sample?"
A: "I have been since early childhood."
22. Q: "Doctor, before you performed the autopsy, did you check for a pulse?"
Q: "Did you check for blood pressure?"
Q: "Did you check for breathing?"
Q: "So, then it is possible that the patient was alive when you began the autopsy?"
Q: "How can you be so sure, doctor?"
A: "Because his brain was sitting on my desk in a jar."
Q: "But could the patient have still been alive nevertheless?"
A: "It is possible that he could have been alive and practicing law somewhere."
Dec 31st, 2002, 08:43 PM
Goooo Mandy! Kick everyone's ass!!!!:bounce:
Dec 31st, 2002, 09:08 PM
GO LITTLE ONE ... You're THE HOBBIT ... good luck to those incrediatly strong Legs of yours.
Jan 5th, 2003, 02:47 PM
She is the hobbit without the hairy feet ofcorse:)
Anyways go Amanda:kiss:
Amanda Coetzer bt. Ai Sugiyama 6-2, 3-6, 6-3:D
ai had won their previous 3 or 4 meetings now there head to heads is 5-4 for Ai, hopefully this year Mandy can even it out:)
Jan 5th, 2003, 02:51 PM
Anyway good luck against Farina or Maleeva in the round of 16:)
Amanda should win, she has rarely lost to maleeva or farina:)
by the way I love Maggie and Silvia:) but I am all for Mandy:D
Jan 5th, 2003, 02:55 PM
I am loving amanda's draw she should get to the SF's:)
She needs to beat Maggie or Silvia in the 2 round and then she needs to beat either Anna or Justine:)
She has never lost to justine and always seems to beat her, amanda has not lost to anna in 7 meetings now:)
hopefully we will see Mandy in SF:)
and maybe even a champion:)
Jan 5th, 2003, 03:00 PM
Amanda has never lost to Juju OR Anna? Impressuve Mandy! :D I hope Silvia beats Maggie, it would be easier for Coetzer that way I think. Good luck Mandy, win win win!!!:bounce:
Jan 5th, 2003, 03:18 PM
Amanda Coetzer (RSA) vs. Ai Sugiyama (JPN)
1993-09-27 Sapporo Indoor Carpet R32 Amanda Coetzer (RSA) 7-5 6-1
1995-07-31 San Diego Hardcourt R32 Ai Sugiyama (JPN) 7-5 6-0
1996-05-27 Roland Garros Clay R128 Amanda Coetzer (RSA) 6-1 7-5
1998-02-02 Tokyo Indoor Carpet QF Amanda Coetzer (RSA) 6-3 2-6 6-2
1998-05-11 Berlin Clay R16 Ai Sugiyama (JPN) 4-6 6-2 6-3
1999-05-24 Roland Garros Clay R128 Ai Sugiyama (JPN) 7-5 6-1
2001-05-21 Strasbourg Clay R16 Ai Sugiyama (JPN) 6-4 6-4
2002-08-05 Los Angeles Hardcourt R16 Ai Sugiyama (JPN) 6-1 7-6(4)
Ai Sugiyama (JPN) leads 5:3
Hard: Ai Sugiyama (JPN) leads 2:0
Clay: Ai Sugiyama (JPN) leads 3:1
Grass: Tied 0:0
Indoor: Amanda Coetzer (RSA) leads 2:0